Planning a trip to California

If you have the time, driving the PCH is an amazing experience. Literally one of the most beautiful drives in the world and will take you through or very near most of the best stuff in the state.

If you have the time, driving the PCH is an amazing experience. Literally one of the most beautiful drives in the world and will take you through or very near most of the best stuff in the state.

I drove the section of OC. Yep is great with the sunset and all. Only problem is it is so crowded. Lots of Pedestrians, and cars. You really have to be careful.

go to Stockton it so clean and beautiful it will take tour breath away and you won't ever see a more friendly place.
you won't want to leave and you might see a Diaz or two.

on a serious note, go to Tahoe and also go see the sequoias

lake-tahoe--ts-2016-02-25T11%3A32%3A31_417-06%3A00.jpeg

I did lake Tahoe in the summer last year. Wonderful scenery.

Love Tahoe, and usually go for a week every summer. My fav is Glenbrook on the Nevada side. Love the pic, looks like the northeastern part of the lake, perhaps by that park with the amphitheater?

Love Tahoe, and usually go for a week every summer. My fav is Glenbrook on the Nevada side. Love the pic, looks like the northeastern part of the lake, perhaps by that park with the amphitheater?

Sand Harbor. Place can get pack in the summer. You have to be there before 9am or you dont find parking.

Sand Harbor. Place can get pack in the summer. You have to be there before 9am or you dont find parking.

Yeah thats the trouble with a lot of the beaches on the lake, too many people. Also why I like Glenbrook as it's a small, gated community so not a lot of people plus there is a cute little 9 hole golf course that I really enjoy. The down side is is costs an arm and a leg to rent a place there.

My kids love it there, I ask them about planning a summer trip and offer Hawaii or Glenbrook and the both choose Glenbrook. This year we had a big house and they each brought a friend.

We don't mind the cold at all, our last vacation was in Colorado.

I've been to San diego before, so we're trying to stay up north by most of these places. Will definitely be staying in San Francisco for a few days.

If you do make a pass through Carmel by the Sea make sure you take a walk on the beach. The sand is super soft and fine and almost squeaks when you walk on it, pretty unique.

Yeah thats the trouble with a lot of the beaches on the lake, too many people. Also why I like Glenbrook as it's a small, gated community so not a lot of people plus there is a cute little 9 hole golf course that I really enjoy. The down side is is costs an arm and a leg to rent a place there.

My kids love it there, I ask them about planning a summer trip and offer Hawaii or Glenbrook and the both choose Glenbrook. This year we had a big house and they each brought a friend.

I lime Truckee river by Tahoe city. Its a natural lazy river and dont get crowded like the lake beaches. You can hike and find your own secluded spot.

0a49b220603908390a2758c48b338084.jpg

If you do make a pass through Carmel by the Sea make sure you take a walk on the beach. The sand is super soft and fine and almost squeaks when you walk on it, pretty unique.

Point Lobos State park by Carmel is awesome also.
Great hiking and plenty of marine wildlife. I went during breeding season so you couldn't go down the coves because it was full of seal and there pups.
china-cove-0607b_0.gif

view-of-the-bluffs-from.jpg

Back