Planning a trip to California

MMA since 1993

Reaction score
We want to go in October, and we're planning on going to Yosemite national park, big sur and maybe a few other spots.

Probably going to book an Air BnB.

So i'm looking for cool destination spots (cities, restaurants, beaches, etc.)

Places that are dog friendly?

I want to go to before it gets cold there. I want to hit their beaches.

Welcome to the GOAT state. I could recommend places if I knew how much time you had out here.

Just from the places you have listed, you will definitely love Yosemite. Try to get there as early as possible to hike or sight see because it gets crowded. Also, I'd recommend getting on highway 1 as soon as possible when traveling to Big Sur, that way you can take the scenic route down. If you are heading to Big Sur, you can stop in Monterey and Carmel. Carmel is a rich little town by Monterey but it is known for being dog friendly or even having more dogs than citizens. Some of their beaches have dogs running around all over the place.

Let me know how many days you are out here for and then I can recommend based on what's within traveling distance based on your time.

I want to go to before it gets cold there. I want to hit their beaches.

It's fairly cold at are beaches pretty much year round in Nor Cal. I plan on going to Stinson beach this weekend because it's 74 degrees and sunny and that's considered a really nice day at the beach out here. It's rare that you get really hot 80+ degree days at the beaches out here.

But So Cal is a different story, beautiful weather and way nicer beaches than up here.

If you're going to be around the Big Sur area, go to Monterey. It really is stunning out there.!

I watched some travel channel show where you walk out to the shoreline and just pluck clams and stuff and just eat them.

Check out Hearst Castle in San Simeon

If you're going to be around the Big Sur area, go to Monterey. It really is stunning out there.!
I also want to visit mcway falls, too bad you can't actually go on that beach and get really close to the waterfall. I would try to get down there, but I read that there's a hefty fine if you get caught.

I know there's gotta be a way down, because i watched a few vids on youtube where people filmed themselves down there.

We want to go in October, and we're planning on going to Yosemite national park, big sur and maybe a few other spots.

Australia is better.

Do eeeet
9wHWiEW.jpg

California is a huge state. I'm 9 hours away from where you're going but I'm still in California.

Lived here all my life and still haven't seen all there is to see here.

Lots of breweries there and hot beach broads, but watch your corn hole. The libs are ferocious and the gun laws suck

Carmel is very dog friendly. So is Napa. Mendocino as well, but not quite as accommodating as the other two.

I heard that song in a movie before.

hey, @v.kevin any recommendations? Your location says visalia, so i was wondering if you've been in these areas.

Back