Planning a trip to California

go to my city of san francisco. check out the wine country in napa. go to marin and trek around muir woods.

I get hit on every time I go there. @IIIIIIII

Castro-(SS)-1500x872.jpg

I get hit on every time I go there. @IIIIIIII

Castro-(SS)-1500x872.jpg

haha. on a serious note, you really do have to understand that if you go out there to party, most guys there will assume that you're gay, or bi, or interested. better to go there with a girl, or with a group of friends so there's a forcefield between you and the gay dudes.

San Fran is overrated and stupid expensive. Go to Monterey instead

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of the city. I like Monterey, Napa, Half Moon Bay, Berkeley, Marin, etc. But I'm more outdoorsey than hanging around an area with a milion people packed into a small espensive as hell area.

haha. on a serious note, you really do have to understand that if you go out there to party, most guys there will assume that you're gay, or bi, or interested. better to go there with a girl, or with a group of friends so there's a forcefield between you and the gay dudes.
Going with my wife.

As to wha we are looking to do (responding to @TheNinja). We plan on visiting golden gate bridge, a few places to eat i saw in a bordain episode. Maybe a brewery, possibly a club to get our salsa dance on. Gonna try to take some nice nature pics.

Whoever mentioned monterey, we are definitely gonna visit there.

@v.kevin, do they not have sequoias at yosemite? I'm sure i read that they did

Santa cruz, monterey, Carmel, San Juan Bautista (eat at jardines Mexican outside on the patio. How many days is your trip?

My aunt rents a nice bungalo in the Santa Cruz mountains. Great view with hottub, it is far out! She also has a tree house for rent on air bnb. I can hook you up with tickets to the 110 year old Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. You can ride the carousel and giant dipper wooded rollercoaster. Lost boys was filmed at the boardwalk.

Yosemite is awesome.

San Juan Bautista

Jardines

Boardwalk

My aunts rental

Last edited:

I was there with my friends who are girls but I still got approached. Is Polk Street safer for straight men? :eek:

I was there with my friends who are girls but I still got approached. Is Polk Street safer for straight men? :eek:

hahaha! told you! polk street is, "safer" in that regard. though i have to say that i've been hit on at the bar hemlock in lower-polk. but yeah, you'll generally not get approached there.

Well, everyone already said the usual: Big Sur, Monterey, Santa Monica, San Diego.

This might not be your cup of tea and also may be out of your way, but if you're feeling adventurous with time to spare and up for something different, try visiting the east part of SoCal; go to Salvation Mountain (featured in "Into the Wild") and The Salton Sea. I was just there this past weekend:

mountain.jpg

3U5A4396.jpg

It's something different, all right. This is a landmark monument to god and love in the middle of the fucking desert, next to an abandoned town. Made and cared for by hippies and weird people for several years. It's pretty cool.

And in The Salton Sea...well, there's not much to see there but it's an eerie sight, very trippy, post-apocalyptic shit:

salton_sea_au0716_ss_077_web.jpg

Missile-shrine-at-Salton-Sea.jpg

17179001187_724503d86d_b.jpg

I wouldn't say these are must-sees in Cali, with so much cool shit everywhere, but i definitely makes for an interesting stop in your road trip. They're like 30 minutes apart from each other. You can also stop by Glamis on your way out and rent an ATV to ride on the Imperial Dunes, Mad Max style (Return of the Jedi was shot in those dunes) and make a day out of it with your girl.

Good luck and good times, bro.

We want to go in October, and we're planning on going to Yosemite national park, big sur and maybe a few other spots.

Probably going to book an Air BnB.

So i'm looking for cool destination spots (cities, restaurants, beaches, etc.)

Places that are dog friendly?
I'm pretty sure that you can just claim your dog is handicap helper dog and they can't make you prove it because of anti-discrimination laws, so you can take your dog anywhere. I think. In Seattle, people would just take their dogs grocery shopping and shit, and I think it's the same in California. Look it up.

Some of the best spots to enjoy are

Barstow
Needles
Oroville
Stockton
Fresno

hahaha! told you! polk street is, "safer" in that regard. though i have to say that i've been hit on at the bar hemlock in lower-polk. but yeah, you'll generally not get approached there.

One of my gay friends told me that if you're attractive to them they don't care if you're straight. They'll hit on you and hope there's a good outcome. I love anal sex but only with females. :p @IIIIIIII

One of my gay friends told me that if you're attractive to them they don't care if you're straight. They'll hit on you and hope there's a good outcome. I love anal sex but only with females. :p @IIIIIIII

lol, that is true. i've never even done anal sex with a chick. guess i'm a prude lol.

Carmel By The Sea is not only totally beautiful but is known as one of the most dog friendly towns in America. It's not too far from Big Sur. San Francisco is a wonderful city and worth checking out. If you get there I recommend the tour of Alcatraz, it's really awesome! Lake Tahoe is pretty incredible but starting to get a little cold in October.

lake-tahoe--ts-2016-02-25T11%3A32%3A31_417-06%3A00.jpeg

I did lake Tahoe in the summer last year. Wonderful scenery.

Back