Pic.: Okami and OSP by side

Middle weight fighter in UFC....He was beaten by Rich Franklin, Horrible against Anderson Silva, Jon Fitch an ex WW. David Branch who lost to Luke this weekend. Tim Boetch was his best fight which he lost at the end. He is goig to compete now at LHW? He is going to be destroyed

Any version of Luke wrecks OSP to be honest.

But I don't think Okami will.

I said Rockholds chin is a good chin. Bisping caught Luke with a shot that would have rocked anybody, then followed up with many shots while Luke was down. Bisping is champion for a reason, he isn't a slouch that just happens to hold quite a few UFC records

Anybody has a great chin when its not getting touched. Branch missed most of those punches. Luke was just standing there. A better fighter would have folded Luke, wouldn't even have to be Bisping.

Anybody has a great chin when its not getting touched. Branch missed most of those punches. Luke was just standing there. A better fighter would have folded Luke, wouldn't even have to be Bisping.
Branch will be a contender. Again like most debuts they dont go well. Condit ex WEC champ came in UFC lost to Martin Kampman, Luke lost to Vitor. Gaethje is an exception but wasnt at his best as he is a wrestler that just strikes good and can finish people using leg kicks.

Branch will be a contender. Again like most debuts they dont go well. Condit ex WEC champ came in UFC lost to Martin Kampman, Luke lost to Vitor. Gaethje is an exception but wasnt at his best as he is a wrestler that just strikes good and can finish people using leg kicks.
That is very possible.

Okami is not that good. I dont mean to fighter bash but the only reason he is in the fight is because UFC couldnt find a Japanese LHW name other than him. Hes being given a gift to fight in his Country when UFC match makers know its a mismatch. OSP is going to knock okami silly.

Okami has been at the very top of this sport for more than a decade, almost 15 years now. Very, very few people has had an easy fight with him.
Said that, of course is not that good to beat a full camp freak athlete with 20 pounds on him and 8" reach advantage, in 6 days notice.
P4P though, Okami is certainly the better fighter

That was not his debut. You are clueless.

Okami cuts from ~200
OSP cuts from ~235

So at weighin they look similar size
Just okami is fully hydrated and weighin at 203
And OSP will rehydrate now to 230+
You're numbers are questionable, but your point is correct. Okami is fresh as a daisy here because he didn't have to cut weight, while OSP is a huge LHW who is dehydrated. The picture is misleading due to this fact. Also, Okami is carrying a layer of fat here that we've never seen him with.

The size and power differential will be very noticeable on fight night.

Consider yourself educated. I'll be proven wrong if one of the guys I mention cuts to WW in the future. Don't hold your breath.
He's 6'2 and apparently shockingly strong to his opponents. Maybe he's not big in the era of Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold, who cut a ton of weight to duck LHW, but that doesn't mean Okami isn't/wasn't a big MW.

I'm calling bull. How do you know OSP is 230+ now?

I've met the guy multiple times, seen him on the scale in non fight camps for wrestling clinics and the guy always hover around 220. Guy has crazy metabolism
Well out of fight he walks around 230+ he's a big LHW
I guess in regular training he is around 220+ and cuts from their but probably diets down from 230+ before the cut
20 pounds of water weight is not insanely high considering its 8-9% of his weight which is within UFC rules and is less the average ufc fighters cut

Okami cuts from ~200
OSP cuts from ~235

I doubt okami's natural weight is 200.

Okami cuts from ~200
OSP cuts from ~235

Lmfao OSP does not weigh over 230 on fight night. He will probably be 220 maybe 225 if he is really big. I have never ever heard of a LHW being close to even 230 let alone above 230

Not sure if it's just LHW for this fight but if Okami wins and looks impressive he could easily jump the line with the current LHW mess going on.

okami was always known as a huge MW

more than one guy has fought him, then decided to cut down to WW because they realized how big middleweights could be. swick was one of them, struggling to remember the other

When he looked like that

122_Weighins-GYI0062440762.jpg

man hes no rockhold

took the words out of my mouth. did he get a usada exemption for this fight? i thought a former ufc fighter had to be in the testing pool for 6 months before fighting in the ufc again.

Maybe the same way Brock did . Ufc can wave USADA requirements for any fighter at their discretion

He's 6'2 and apparently shockingly strong to his opponents. Maybe he's not big in the era of Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold, who cut a ton of weight to duck LHW, but that doesn't mean Okami isn't/wasn't a big MW.

Okami has never really been such a big MW. By today standards, he is definitely not big.
A decade ago, in his first year in UFC, Yushin was fighting Rich Franklin who had easily 10 pounds on him fight night. Okami was fighting at WW before the UFC and didnt cut much to make 185
Around 2010 when he was training in America he put some mass on him in the gym but still, I recall his training partner Sonnen saying Okami walk around much lighter than him. Around that time Yushin also fought Munoz or Boetsch, guys way naturally bigger, thicker, than Okami. By that time the Rockhold and Weidman were already around.
Now, at 36, he is fighting at 170 even for a Pancrase/DEEP payday so I doubt he suffer that much to make weight

Also, yes he is 6"2, but also his reach is 72" which is actually below average, and has also a pretty tight waist and lanky legs. He has a huge head thats true.
The walk around weight is a more realiable source than the eye test anyways.

About his notorious strenght, it may be true, but just like some other guys have big power relative to his size.

The Preview summed up the myth of Okami being a big MW very well: "While Okami may be 6-foot-2, he has thin legs, a tiny waist and no upper body development apart from big biceps and shoulders. He is essentially built like a palm tree. In fact, he will give up eight inches of reach to St. Preux despite giving up just one inch in height.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/article...-St-Preux-vs-Okami-127099#X41A5t4qFTBFmMxu.99

Back