Pic.: Okami and OSP by side

Okami cuts from ~200
OSP cuts from ~235

So at weighin they look similar size
Just okami is fully hydrated and weighin at 203
And OSP will rehydrate now to 230+

He doesn't look anywhere near withdrawn to have cut that much.

Did you see James Irvin @ the 185 weigh in? That's what cutting stupid amount of weight looks like.

And how the hell does okami make 170? He was one of the bigger 85'ers??

Anyone have a 170 weigh in pic??

Same here. Sadly OSP probably knocks him out inside 2 rounds.
Yeah. Has Okami ever competed at LHW?

at MW he was beaten by a slow Rich Franklin, Horrible against Anderson Silva, Jon Fitch an ex WW. David Branch who lost to Luke this weekend. Tim Boetch was his best fight which he lost at the end. He is goig to compete now at LHW? He is going to be destroyed

Middle weight fighter in UFC....He was beaten by Rich Franklin, Horrible against Anderson Silva, Jon Fitch an ex WW. David Branch who lost to Luke this weekend. Tim Boetch was his best fight which he lost at the end. He is goig to compete now at LHW? He is going to be destroyed
so horrible agianst anderson 2nd fight... i was pissed off that night, as an okami fan. good points but okami is back and nuthin bringing me down from that high

so horrible agianst anderson 2nd fight... i was pissed off that night, as an okami fan. good points but okami is back and nuthin bringing me down from that high
I would love to see him be victorious in Japan. I dont think it happens though. Okami is really the best successful Japanese fighter they can find to put against anyone in Japan at that weight.

Yeah. Has Okami ever competed at LHW?

at MW he was beaten by a slow Rich Franklin, Horrible against Anderson Silva, Jon Fitch an ex WW. David Branch who lost to Luke this weekend. Tim Boetch was his best fight which he lost at the end. He is goig to compete now at LHW? He is going to be destroyed
Agree.

If Jacare with horrible striking can KO Okami so can OSP.

Okami cuts from ~200
OSP cuts from ~235

So at weighin they look similar size
Just okami is fully hydrated and weighin at 203
And OSP will rehydrate now to 230+
I'm calling bull. How do you know OSP is 230+ now?

I've met the guy multiple times, seen him on the scale in non fight camps for wrestling clinics and the guy always hover around 220. Guy has crazy metabolism

Okami looks bigger than Cain lmfao. Man who fought at 170

They both look to be around the same size. Why the need to say how big Okami is then? Is OSP small?

OthsP waths probably thurprithed at how big okami lookth

Okami was beaten by a few former Welter weights. He wont make top 10 at LHW

I don't think he will either, but that argument doesn't really hold up. Rumble Johnson legitimately lost to Josh Koscheck and Rich Clementi at WW and went on to become a top LHW and beat Arlovski at HW.

Agree.

If Jacare with horrible striking can KO Okami so can OSP.

Not saying you're wrong about the outcome, but Jacare has better striking than OSP and, more importantly, has no fear of being taken down (making his striking even more effective).

I don't think he will either, but that argument doesn't really hold up. Rumble Johnson legitimately lost to Josh Koscheck and Rich Clementi at WW and went on to become a top LHW and beat Arlovski at HW.
this is true. However I think Okami and Johnson are difficult to compare

This is a ballsy move by Okami, but I think it's a bad one. His clinch heavy style is pretty reliant on being the stronger, more physical man in the cage. There's no way that will be the case at LHW.

Middle weight fighter in UFC....He was beaten by Rich Franklin, Horrible against Anderson Silva, Jon Fitch an ex WW. David Branch who lost to Luke this weekend. Tim Boetch was his best fight which he lost at the end. He is goig to compete now at LHW? He is going to be destroyed
Rich Franklin, Jon Fitch, Anderson Silva, and Luke Rockhold are all more talented fighters than Branch and OSP.

His chins kinda shot but hopefully he pulls this out! Dudes one of the best 185r's of all time

Rich Franklin, Jon Fitch, Anderson Silva, and Luke Rockhold are all more talented fighters than Branch and OSP.

Okami never fought Rockhold. He did get KO's by Boetsch, who's a worse fighter than OSP. There's no way Boestch would go 5 rounds with Bader or any version of Jones.

The "Okami is a big guy" has been debunked on multiple threads already. He weighed 203.5 with regular shorts on. OSP weighted 206 and is getting heavier by the minute as I type this. There will be a big (20 pound+ difference) by tomorrow. You can't judge fighters' sizes well using the naked eye, especially when one is drained and the other doesn't cut weight.

Back