Photobucket Is Holding Pics Hostage

I can view and even download them if I want.

Not sure why people are saying you can't.

Check out the Who Here Has The Guts To Post Their Pic? thread, I have hundreds of pictures of people using PB links. Click one, and you can "save" it. It's my bucket and I have a functional download button, which may or not be available to others (I'd have to log out to check and I'm too lazy).

Here's the first link from that thread.

45ACP

its not showing up for me.

What ^^^^ said

Can't see shit captain.

This is what I get when I click on your link:

scdGGOJ.png

If you can see it, and you can download, you might want to start doing that ASAP for the stuff you really want to keep. From what I can tell surfing around message boards about this topic, photobucket are rolling this shit out piecemeal. Kinda like instagram when they changed their timeline from chronological to algorithm (which sucks). Your ability to see your shit may not last long

Well, that's terrible. I put a ton of work into uploading, naming, tagging and linking those images.

Damn it.

Can't see shit captain.

This is what I get when I click on your link:

scdGGOJ.png

If you can see it, and you can download, you might want to start doing that ASAP for the stuff you really want to keep. From what I can tell surfing around message boards about this topic, photobucket are rolling this shit out piecemeal. Kinda like instagram when they changed their timeline from chronological to algorithm (which sucks). Your ability to see your shit may not last long
I quit Photobucket years ago but I'm still beyond baffled by this. Who in their right mind is going to pay $300-$400 just to embed their images on other sites? Has to be something I'm missing here.

Unless this is their way of just waving the white flag...

iFmpfYA.jpg

I quit Photobucket years ago but I'm still beyond baffled by this. Who in their right mind is going to pay $300-$400 just to embed their images on other sites? Has to be something I'm missing here.

iFmpfYA.jpg

Businesses who have invested the time in uploading and linking to hundreds of images on the site.

Spend the money on them, or spend the money doing all the work again somewhere else.

Well, that's terrible. I put a ton of work into uploading and linking those images.

Damn it.

From what I see around the interwebz, your sentiment is universally shared. At the moment at least, you're one of the temporarily lucky ones. It probably won't last long. Save your favorite shit homey

iFmpfYA.jpg
Yeah I don't get it, you can link from imgur, tumblr, sites like this for free... not sure why someone would pay .. I'm sure big companies have there own servers to host pics on. I think photo bucket just wants out

I've always hated photobucket.

Anyone know of a good free site for sharing photos?
Whatever happened to emailing or texting photos?

Are these sites really necessary for sharing photos?

I always hated the way Imgur embeds images, unless I'm doing something incorrectly. The framing is unnecessary and cumbersome.

You are doing something the wrong way. IMGUR is fine. Use the link with .gif or .jpg

From what I see around the interwebz, your sentiment is universally shared. At the moment at least, you're one of the temporarily lucky ones. It probably won't last long. Save your favorite shit homey

There's just too much, and PhotoBucket has always been incredibly slow.

I'm talking thousands of PhotoShops I've done over the years.

iFmpfYA.jpg

It's a total jack move.

And another fine reminder of the precarious nature of all this 'cloud' type shit.

To quote Goodfellas:

kLLj1Jm.png

There's just too much, and PhotoBucket has always been incredibly slow.

I'm talking thousands of PhotoShops I've done over the years.

Shitshow deluxe. At least you have a little heads up now to save what you can.

I just signed with Imgur. Time to rebuild my collection.

Whatever happened to emailing or texting photos?

Are these sites really necessary for sharing photos?
You don't use them to share pics with friends or family it's more for posting pics on sites like this . You can't share an emailed or texted pic to sherdog unless you host it someplace like imgur or tumblr

You don't use them to share pics with friends or family it's more for posting pics on sites like this . You can't share an emailed or texted pic to sherdog unless you host it someplace like imgur or tumblr
Doesn't this site offer an album to post your own photos, which you can later retrieve for use?

Doesn't this site offer an album to post your own photos, which you can later retrieve for use?

Yeah you can trust sherdog, this site would never just suddenly delete a bunch of old ...

... oh.

Here's to you photobucket!
4YrazlV.gif

Photobucket has been irrelevant for years. Can't believe people are still using it. I was using Imageshack for a few years before they changed their site. PostImage still works.

Is anyone able to comment on your pics on Imgur. I uploaded one and people start rating it? is there a way to make it public for hotlinks but not for ratings or comments

Used to go on there looking for fap material and to fusk private accounts looking for some win. Last time i went on Photobucket they'd put a cap on picture resolution, and i can't fap to low res pics.

RIP Faptobucket

Back