Photobucket Is Holding Pics Hostage

Jeez I remember back when I had to use photobucket to post pics here on Sherdog in the mid-00s. Haven't used it since, thank jebus

They did this like a week or more ago. You guys are late to the hate parade.

yeah - pretty much lost all my photos on there.

weak, 400$ for a year to 3rd party host. fuck that.

if it were like maybe 50$ tops I'd go for it. But 400$.

<IllKillU>
Fuck you photobucket.

I stopped using photobucket years ago when they made it more difficult to upload simple images.

imgur is flawless tbh, not their fault some people are totally clueless how to embed direct links

Absolutely ridiculous to charge that much for embedding. Unbelievable that some marks are actually going to pay that. I stopped using Photobucket a few years ago when the ads got so bad that I couldn't even get a page to load, sometimes couldn't even log in, so many pop up video ads made the site unusable. I just use this site now, really easy: http://www.picresize.com/

imgur is flawless tbh, not their fault some people are totally clueless how to embed direct links

The site is counter intuitive.

The link they provide is not the link you should use, you have to grab the link from the actual image.

It's far from flawless, but as I upload and post thousands of images, my standards are a lot higher.The little things make a difference.

The link they provide is not the link you should use, you have to grab the link from the actual image.

It's far from flawless, but as I upload and post thousands of images, my standards are a lot higher.The little things make a difference.
They already give you the bb code for forums once it's on your account. All you have to do is copy & paste that link without doing anything else here. It also loads significantly faster than Photobucket

Sorry, but he's right. People are doing it wrong

dropbox? do people still use photobucket? i dont think they do cause i posted a pic with a photobucket link on reddit and those virgin hipsters had a right royal laugh at my expense, fucking cunts

They already give you the bb code for forums once it's on your account. All you have to do is copy & paste that link without doing anything else here. It also loads significantly faster than Photobucket

Sorry, but he's right. People are doing it wrong

So... You have to create an account for it to be flawless.

Probably should have opened with that.

So... You have to create an account for it to be flawless.

Probably should have opened with that.
You don't need an account for that url either, it's already displayed to you

With these sharing sites folding or now charging usage fees, maybe the big data bubble has finally burst. This is a good thing.

You don't need an account for that url either, it's already displayed to you

When I've used imgur the only url displayed is the one that presents the framed image. As I've used more than a dozen different services, I typically look for one that requires the least amount of effort. As I have signed up more than one service that has ceased to exist, I'm tired of creating accounts; Photobucket was the last I created and that was many, many years ago.

I have an enormous amount of experience capturing, manipulating and storing images on the internet. Maybe I'm just old and bitter, but I've seen too many services start out fantastic and then monetize, or vanish. No reason to think this won't happen with imgur, so I'm not going to create my thousandth image account and cross my fingers.

I couldn't care less as I never used that site.

works flawless for anyone who just wanna upload some pic here and there and knows how to use it, once you learn you dont forget :p

small price to pay for not having to deal with bandwidth and external link issues dont you think, but whatever I guess, if you upload and post thousands of images maybe you should invest in a cheap service, if its free why bother complaining IMHO

<Fedor23>

I hadn't notice til today but photobucket changed they rules and now require you to pay 400 Dollars a yr to hotlink your pics to site like sherdog and shit. and you can't download them without paying either. WTF. Them terms of service changed on June 20th i guess.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919224/photobucket-broken-images-amazon-ebay-etsy-paid-update
any other site like photobucket other than imgur.
Its simplicity itself to bypass their no download.

But its annoying that they have taken this road. At those prices, who the hell is going to pay?

I use divshare because you can upload nudes without them taking them down

Back