Pettis-Aldo: One More Reason for Fighter Union

That's what I want to see. Everyone gets to posture like Anderson Silva. Great.

I think Pettis/Aldo is a great fight and in no way comparable to Sonnen versus Jones

My god that is such stupid ass logic. Llamas is losing money because a different fighter is getting a title shot? You really think the union is going to pick one fighters side over another?

The amount of crying over the most exciting matchup that could possibly be put together is just astounding.

Good luck convincing GSP, Jones and Silva to take a paycut so someone else can make more.

Fuck unions.

I'm cool with Aldo vs Pettis. KZ is still rehabbing and prob would t be ready. Not sure what Lamas is crying about, he isn't there yet.

I agree 100% w/ you. Please ignore all the idiots w/ the ignorant comments & baby pics.

So you think a union would take the side of llamas and essentially tell pettis to suck it.

Who's ignorant?

Pettis vs aldo is amazing and if a union would avoid that
i m happy that doesnt exist

lol serious? pettis just knocked the fuck out Cerrone and Lauzon both top 10 fighters, he deserves shot.

I think it will be his first and last fight in FW win or Lose.

its almost like the ufc is a business with the right to make their own matches. spooky.

a union to dictate who fights who sounds fuckin great for the sport.

You would think everybody with common sense would be against this fight......and a lot of the other title fights that have been made.

But people don't care about common sense or fairness anymore......they want WWE style fights....entertainment is more important than what's right.

Sucks but it's true....all we can do is complain and hope someone pays attention.

baby_crying.gif

This haha. No one should be crying about this matchup. Who cares If other Fw's get passed over. This could easily be one of the most exciting fights ever.

You would think everybody with common sense would be against this fight......and a lot of the other title fights that have been made.

But people don't care about common sense or fairness anymore......they want WWE style fights....entertainment is more important than what's right.

Sucks but it's true....all we can do is complain and hope someone pays attention.
Anyone with common sense would prefer to see Aldo against the tougher opponent.

Pettis has earned the fight to fight Ben Henderson....that's it.

He hasn't even earned the right to tie Aldo's shoelaces up.

While I disagree w/ the 'popularity' match making, Aldo/Pettis is a brilliant match up. Has flash and substance. Can't ask for better.

Edit: Don't think there's near enough fighters that would openly challenge the UFC for a union to be a factor.

Attention to all morons who keep talking about fighter unions: Worry about yourself! Why do you stick your nose in other people's business? Why the fuck do YOU care how much a fighter gets paid? Do you think they care what YOUR wage is? If the fighters dont like their situation, they can always ride out their current contract and NOT RE-SIGN! Unions aren't the answer, morons!!

Aldo vs Pettis is an amazing fight. I cant belive anyone would complain about a fight like this

Attention to all morons who keep talking about fighter unions: Worry about yourself! Why do you stick your nose in other people's business? Why the fuck do YOU care how much a fighter gets paid? Do you think they care what YOUR wage is? If the fighters dont like their situation, they can always ride out their current contract and NOT RE-SIGN! Unions aren't the answer, morons!!

Why is someone a moron because they care about the future of a sport they enjoy and the fighters that participate?

I agree that a fighter's union doesn't solve all the problems, and even creates some more, but professional athlete unions have shown that they can get great things done for their members.

Does anyone really think that the NLFPA was a bad idea? They have been at the forefront (honestly, not by choice) of getting benefits for retired players. A lot of MMA fighters will one day be in the same boat. They will be injured and have possible brain injuries from fighting but they'll have very limited ways to make money to support themselves.

Why is someone a moron because they care about the future of a sport they enjoy and the fighters that participate?

I agree that a fighter's union doesn't solve all the problems, and even creates some more, but professional athlete unions have shown that they can get great things done for their members.

Does anyone really think that the NLFPA was a bad idea? They have been at the forefront (honestly, not by choice) of getting benefits for retired players. A lot of MMA fighters will one day be in the same boat. They will be injured and have possible brain injuries from fighting but they'll have very limited ways to make money to support themselves.

don't just look at team sports unions. this isn't a sports league. it's one company.

don't just look at team sports unions. this isn't a sports league. it's one company.

Why not? You didn't actually form an argument. The situations aren't the same, but there are a ton of similarities. You have a pool of workers with varying degrees of skill with limited options and time for making money in their profession and possible lingering effects from employment.

It's silly to just write the idea off completely and (as the previous poster did) call everyone else a moron for discussing it.

Why not? You didn't actually form an argument. The situations aren't the same, but there are a ton of similarities. You have a pool of workers with varying degrees of skill with limited options and time for making money in their profession and possible lingering affects from employment.

It's silly to just write the idea off completely and (as the previous poster did) call everyone else a moron for discussing it.

but i'm not calling everyone a moron.

the circumstances of the workers is steadily IMPROVING. the idea that pettis getting a title shot is a reason for a union is actually pretty dumb, imo. which is what this thread started as.

this is a sport with one company that has steadily been bringing up the standard for fighters. more fighters, more money, more benefits. if you saddle the company with labor demands, costs, etc, you take AWAY the incentive of the investors (owners) to put more into the company. take AWAY the ability of management to put together events as they see best for the company. i just don't see how that is in the best interest long term of the fighters at this time.

Back