People who hate the successful...

There are many ways to rationalize it. Again, you can hate the successful but not hate someone who is successful. For example, in many circles you're more worthy of contempt if you're a white man billionaire than a black female billionaire. That's because success can be rationalized through intersectionality. A person can be successful in one way but powerless in another, according to these views.

But let me explain it this way. The people I am talking about might find ways to excuse certain people who are successful because of their race, sex, etc they almost certainly will never view the pinnacle of success with such excuses. The Rich Western Straight White Male will always be despised. The Rich Lesbian Black Woman Immigrant is still successful, but at the same time they're also handicapped by being gay, black, and an immigrant.

Oh. I get it now. You're just pushing some alt right identity politics shit. Sorry I didn't pick up on that sooner. My bad.

No no, you're the first to notice it. Good job.

You lost me at your Pride/UFC analogy. I'm pretty sure that cuts across ideological lines.
He lost me at the music one , the UFC \pride one was icing on the cake

I have honestly never encountered a single person who hated successful people.

can anybody name one example of this?

While most people won't admit it, their negative perspective on Hitler stems primarily from the fact that in just a little over a decade he went from failed art student to Fuhrer of Germany.

So jelly.

Oh. I get it now. You're just pushing some alt right identity politics shit. Sorry I didn't pick up on that sooner. My bad.

Yup. Someone has an axe to grind, particularly with feminism. Pretty blatant. Typical WR shitpost, but he’s at least literate (if not overly verbose.) Funny, all his examples validate one particular political alignment.

Jealousy can be a fine emotion when it is tempered with a healthy dose of rationality about it.

I'd say that jealousy is a driving force behind many people becoming as successful as they are, once they understand enough to use the emotion as a fuel to imitate success. But it can also turn a man into a gnome that dwells in the darkness, due to his own inability to reach for the light.

You're a joke. Going straight to the basic progressive insults. Go hang out with your dweeby fat reject pals, nerd.

It's not at all ironic that the ones bitching are exactly the types of posters who do the same exact shit described in the OP. In fact, the majority of them were people I was thinking about while making this.

Go look at their posts historically here. They fall right in line. All we need is Jack to show up.

It's not at all ironic that the ones bitching are exactly the types of posters who do the same exact shit described in the OP. In fact, the majority of them were people I was thinking about while making this.

Go look at their posts historically here. They fall right in line. All we need is Jack to show up.

Whaaa. You got called out on your disingenuous, whiney, identical politics post. I can at least respect someone who comes out and says, “Feminism is bad because this...” “I don’t like BLM because...” Your original novella just made you sound like a whiney hack.

You're a joke. Going straight to the basic progressive insults. Go hang out with your dweeby fat reject pals, nerd.

I'm just responding to what you're communicating. Wasn't it your assertion that success isn't necessarily hated in and of itself, but only when it's attached to a white male?

Huh? I am and have long been a huge UFC fan. What you had was more the opposite--people who exclusively watched the UFC and tried to tear down fighters in other promotions because of sour grapes. But, yes, a lot of people laughed at you for being a bigger fan of Dana White than of actual fights. And you carry that same idiocy into your political ideology with your authoritarianism and worship of power. It's especially funny in that you've said that you're like a bank teller. You can really stick it to us coastal elite types by raising your own taxes to pay for cuts for us.

So what is it? Is it that these people have an actual psychological disposition that causes them to behave and think this way? Are they simply resentful narcissistic losers that blame their short comings or inability to function as successfully in society as they believe they should on others for somehow rigging their environment against them? What is it?

I often see people on the internet attributing certain motivations to other people or groups of people. These conjectures are typically derogatory and usually contradicted by said people. It's something I'd like to see less of... a lot less.

You don’t post enough, Zeke.

Happy Thanksgiving, bro.

I hope you’re pleasantly busy out there.

Was all that text a justification for the republican tax bill?

Jesus H Christ! Nobody is slamming small business owners, doctors, lawyers, engineers, the typical successful professionals, even CEOs for the most part.

But f you if you are siding with the corporate and financial elite because you think some sherdoggers are envious and contradictory.

Back