People who hate the successful...

Zeke's Chaingun

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've noticed - and I am sure that I am not the first - that there are people out there who seem to instinctually hate those who are successful, well liked and accomplished. This enmity isn't limited to individuals, they tend to apply it on all levels, from the individual on up to nations, cultures and more.

That's the common link as far as I can tell. I observe that there are people who seem to constantly set themselves in opposition to things that are well liked and successful, no matter what it is. And if you identify someone who does this more than once, you can use this to fairly accurately pin them down on nearly any divide.

In my observations on numerous forums, it's been interesting to note that people who despise - for example - popular music in favor of underground music... that they also seem to hold an intense dislike for Capitalism, seem to buy into the idea that there is a white oppressive class in the West, etc. If someone has expressed - for example - that PRIDE was the pinnacle of MMA and that the UFC is trash... you can almost bet that they're going to be the type of person that blames Islamic violence on "Western Imperialism", and the rich are stealing from the poor. And so on.

Just look at the known actors on these forums. Look to the ones who are constantly supporting groups like BLM or despise the United States. Then look at their positions on almost any other noted conflict or comparison between two things that are diametrically opposed to one another. See which side they tend to support. I wager that they almost exclusively side against the more prominent, the more successful, the more accomplished.

I've been trying to understand why they seem to be almost universally "raging against the machine" and the common factor seems to me to be an innate hatred of the winner, the successful, the popular. It's not necessarily against any particular injustice, because they'll often continue to oppose things even if the evidence aligns against them. Such as with the Mike Brown case, where the evidence AT LEAST sufficiently proves that Officer Wilson should be free of conviction of any crime and more likely proves that he acted justifiably. Yet the people who seem to hate the successful will continue to support the "loser" in these situations.

It's why these people will FIRST call out to the public after an Islamic Terror Attack to not blame Muslims for the attack rather than condemning the ideology that fueled the murderous killing spree. They'll publicly campaign immediately in preemptive defense of the smaller less influential group over showing real support for the murdered or in condemning the ideology that spawned the attack. After all, the attack was from a smaller less powerful culture against the larger more powerful culture.

It's why these people will support idiotic ideas like "you can't be racist towards a race who has power", because the idea stands in opposition to what is perceived to be successful. It's why these people will support debunked ideas like the gender pay gap, because men are perceived (in general) to be more successful so it must be through some illegitimate oppressor system that benefits the successful. It's why they continue to push narratives that the police (as a system) oppress minorities based upon their collective race as opposed to a myriad of possible reasons. It even goes down to mundane things such as disgust for popular music in favor of music less exposed or known. It's why they often will completely turn against a underground band that puts out popular music rather than simply enjoy their underground music and ignore the newer more popular content. It cannot be left at that, they must be exposed for being a sell out! Similarly if you're a minority that doesn't agree with the oppressed narrative you are a traitor, an uncle tom, etc. You can't simply have a different opinion, you now must be exposed for being a sell out and you must be the lowest of the low for joining the successful and accomplished! For joining the oppressors!

This isn't to mean that if you hold sympathies for one of these things that automatically this should apply to you. It is observing common trends among people who fervently seem to favor a side (of anything) that isn't as accomplished or successful and how such a person seems to be far more likely to hold those same views in nearly any situation. It's as if there is something about them that truly resents and hates what is successful and accomplished, as if the simple act of being successful or accomplished somehow grants virtue or validity to those in the same sphere who are not as successful or accomplished. It seems to be an idea that resents things that achieve much as if they could only have done so by cheating or wronging others. People who think like this naturally would oppose capitalism or Western Values which have up to this point seemed to reward the successful.

So what is it? Is it that these people have an actual psychological disposition that causes them to behave and think this way? Are they simply resentful narcissistic losers that blame their short comings or inability to function as successfully in society as they believe they should on others for somehow rigging their environment against them? What is it?

I've noticed - and I am sure that I am not the first - that there are people out there who seem to instinctually hate those who are successful, well liked and accomplished. This enmity isn't limited to individuals, they tend to apply it on all levels, from the individual on up to nations, cultures and more.

That's the common link as far as I can tell. I observe that there are people who seem to constantly set themselves in opposition to things that are well liked and successful, no matter what it is. And if you identify someone who does this more than once, you can use this to fairly accurately pin them down on nearly any divide.

In my observations on numerous forums, it's been interesting to note that people who despise - for example - popular music in favor of underground music... that they also seem to hold an intense dislike for Capitalism, seem to buy into the idea that there is a white oppressive class in the West, etc. If someone has expressed - for example - that PRIDE was the pinnacle of MMA and that the UFC is trash... you can almost bet that they're going to be the type of person that blames Islamic violence on "Western Imperialism", and the rich are stealing from the poor. And so on.

Just look at the known actors on these forums. Look to the ones who are constantly supporting groups like BLM or despise the United States. Then look at their positions on almost any other noted conflict or comparison between two things that are diametrically opposed to one another. See which side they tend to support. I wager that they almost exclusively side against the more prominent, the more successful, the more accomplished.

I've been trying to understand why they seem to be almost universally "raging against the machine" and the common factor seems to me to be an innate hatred of the winner, the successful, the popular. It's not necessarily against any particular injustice, because they'll often continue to oppose things even if the evidence aligns against them. Such as with the Mike Brown case, where the evidence AT LEAST sufficiently proves that Officer Wilson should be free of conviction of any crime and more likely proves that he acted justifiably. Yet the people who seem to hate the successful will continue to support the "loser" in these situations.

It's why these people will FIRST call out to the public after an Islamic Terror Attack to not blame Muslims for the attack rather than condemning the ideology that fueled the murderous killing spree. They'll publicly campaign immediately in preemptive defense of the smaller less influential group over showing real support for the murdered or in condemning the ideology that spawned the attack. After all, the attack was from a smaller less powerful culture against the larger more powerful culture.

It's why these people will support idiotic ideas like "you can't be racist towards a race who has power", because the idea stands in opposition to what is perceived to be successful. It's why these people will support debunked ideas like the gender pay gap, because men are perceived (in general) to be more successful so it must be through some illegitimate oppressor system that benefits the successful. It's why they continue to push narratives that the police (as a system) oppress minorities based upon their collective race as opposed to a myriad of possible reasons. It even goes down to mundane things such as disgust for popular music in favor of music less exposed or known. It's why they often will completely turn against a underground band that puts out popular music rather than simply enjoy their underground music and ignore the newer more popular content. It cannot be left at that, they must be exposed for being a sell out! Similarly if you're a minority that doesn't agree with the oppressed narrative you are a traitor, an uncle tom, etc. You can't simply have a different opinion, you now must be exposed for being a sell out and you must be the lowest of the low for joining the successful and accomplished! For joining the oppressors!

This isn't to mean that if you hold sympathies for one of these things that automatically this should apply to you. It is observing common trends among people who fervently seem to favor a side (of anything) that isn't as accomplished or successful and how such a person seems to be far more likely to hold those same views in nearly any situation. It's as if there is something about them that truly resents and hates what is successful and accomplished, as if the simple act of being successful or accomplished somehow grants virtue or validity to those in the same sphere who are not as successful or accomplished. It seems to be an idea that resents things that achieve much as if they could only have done so by cheating or wronging others. People who think like this naturally would oppose capitalism or Western Values which have up to this point seemed to reward the successful.

So what is it? Is it that these people have an actual psychological disposition that causes them to behave and think this way? Are they simply resentful narcissistic losers that blame their short comings or inability to function as successfully in society as they believe they should on others for somehow rigging their environment against them? What is it?
1442252585608.jpg

I agree with most of that.

It's why I said in the poverty thread on this page that the state is mostly mental and spiritual.

My mom would be successful if her arms were cut off and drowning in a river. It's her mindset. She doesn't have a victim mentality and overcomes no matter what. It's not that she's inhuman and doesn't have short moments of self-pity or sadness, but those are overcome after but a moment and by far and away she lives by an overcoming, victor attitude.

Successful people do this.

<SelenaWow>
Human beings are prone to jealousy. News at 11!

If you drop out of the election now, I'll like this post. One time offer.
No campaigning outside the sticky remember? You should drop out in shame, its only the right thing to do.

So many people are like crabs in a bucket.

If I had that mentality, I would probably end my life because most of my friends are far more successful than me. But I get inspired by them and I’m genuinely happy for them!

But it’s easier to try to tear down others than to build up your own life!

You lost me at your Pride/UFC analogy. I'm pretty sure that cuts across ideological lines.

So many people are like crabs in a bucket.

If I had that mentality, I would probably end my life because most of my friends are far more successful than me. But I get inspired by them and I’m genuinely happy for them!

But it’s easier to try to tear down others than to build up your own life!
Seriously. Being a congratulator is way better than being a hater.

They taking our jerbs. We're not successful because they're successful.

You lost me at your Pride/UFC analogy. I'm pretty sure that cuts across ideological lines.

I was around these forums during the height of the intense UFC/PRIDE divide. Most of the die hard PRIDE people HATED the UFC. Most of the UFC fans also liked PRIDE.

What I have noticed is that most of the PRIDE guys who hated the UFC with a passion are also those perpetual losers who hate anything successful and accomplished. They appear to be the same people.

This does not mean if you liked PRIDE you're like this. It is an observation of the personalities here who loved PRIDE AND hated the UFC, seeing them as the enemy.

They taking our jerbs. We're not successful because they're successful.

If someone is coming in and underbidding my bid for a job, that's competition. If someone is coming and underbidding their services because they're circumventing tax laws or another law, it's illegal.

I don't hate winners, There's nothing I loathe more than liars and deniers though, and this place is full of em.

I don't hate winners, There's nothing I loathe more than liars and deniers though, and this place is full of em.

Loathing a liar is different than loathing a winner and is also different than loathing a denier.

Now, if a person blames their loathing of winners on things other than winning - which is often how they do it, as you don't hear these people say, "I hate Capitalism because it rewards successful people!" they MIGHT blame their loathing on the winning side for allegedly lying or denying something.

Sounds like you have it figured out and are looking for validation, no? In no way does that sound like you have any genuine curiosity. You got it all figured out.

Seriously, TS, your incredibly thorough post reads more like an attempt to link your political beliefs and malign those who differ by painting them as jealous losers, unsuccessful, failures, etc. You completely bypass examples of jealousy we see on what we would call a right-wing side that often manifests on this forum.

You are talking about a universal human trait, and no, it really isn’t any more common in any political ideology; it’s more prevalent in certain individuals but your broad brush application is transparent and hackish.

Also, TS, have you ever heard that brevity is the soul of wit? Jesus H. Christ. Also, consider that maybe your taste in music does in fact suck.

Sounds like you have it figured out and are looking for validation, no? In no way does that sound like you have any genuine curiosity. You got it all figured out.

Are you telling me or asking me? I never claimed to have anything figured out. I am throwing my observations and thoughts out there. I didn't expect anyone to agree. Since when does anyone on sherdog post anything that gets unanimous agreement? Seems pretty naive of such a person, no?

Seriously, TS, your incredibly thorough post reads more like an attempt to link your political beliefs and malign those who differ by painting them as jealous losers, unsuccessful, failures, etc. You completely bypass examples of jealousy we see on what we would call a right-wing side that often manifests on this forum.

I didn't mention right or left wing. A person can be left wing and still love Capitalism and the UFC and popular music. This is starting to arouse my suspicions that you're left wing and found many of the behaviors I described a bit to close to home.

You are talking about a universal human trait, and no, it really isn’t any more common in any political ideology; it’s more prevalent in certain individuals but your broad brush application is transparent and hackish.

I didn't mention any political ideology, I remarked on a particular behavior of people who seem to despise the successful and powerful regardless of facts or wrongdoing.

Also, TS, have you ever heard that brevity is the soul of wit? Jesus H. Christ. Also, consider that maybe your taste in music does in fact suck.

You seem butt hurt. It sounds like a lot of my descriptions fit you nicely. I didn't mention my music tastes at all.

Back