People still think Sara McMann has anything for Ronda Rousey?

So who can land a big punch on her or beat her in the clinch or on the ground?

This is all theoretical. Lol "She is".

No one.

It's just that landing a big punch (even considering how rarely that happens in the womens division) is a better chance than outpointing her by staying on the outside for five rounds.

This is what the UFC turned into.....talking about females fighting.....yeah....nice progression.

No one.

It's just that landing a big punch (even considering how rarely that happens in the womens division) is a better chance than outpointing her by staying on the outside for five rounds.

So you admit your idea is as theoretical as mine then.

If you can jog and jab against Rousey and win then more power to you and you deserve that strap.
That's the complete opposite of McMann's game though. She wins her fights by getting into striking range, bullying her opponents into the cage, taking them down and maintaining top control. But she can't do this against Rousey without putting herself in danger.

Well that's the point...can she play TDD and LnP with Ronda for 3-4 rounds and see if she gets tired? Probably not, but at least she can try.

So you admit your idea is as theoretical as mine then.

I don't think that I at any point has stated that I wasn't being (very) theoretical.

It's just that finishing Ronda (or rocking her, at least) by landing a huge punch COULD happen, even though chances are very slim.

Staying on the outside, picking her apart, avoiding the clinch and takedowns for five rounds ain't gonna happen.

Even in theory. ;)

I don't think that I at any point has stated that I wasn't being (very) theoretical.

It's just that finishing Ronda (or rocking her, at least) by landing a huge punch COULD happen, even though chances are very slim.

Staying on the outside, picking her apart, avoiding the clinch and takedowns for five rounds ain't gonna happen.

Even in theory. ;)

"You can't. Simple as that."

and

"She is."

...doesn't sound like you're aware this is theoretical. Sounds like you know for a fact. Someone beating her by sticking and moving actually can happen in theory because it's grounded in reality, doesn't mean she can't get a takedown or two or that the fight won't ever get to the clinch, just that someone can beat her with a stick-and-move strategy.

You seem very biased.

"You can't. Simple as that."

and

"She is."

...doesn't sound like you're aware this is theoretical. Sounds like you know for a fact. Someone beating her by sticking and moving actually can happen in theory because it's grounded in reality, doesn't mean she can't get a takedown or two or that the fight won't ever get to the clinch, just that someone can beat her with a stick-and-move strategy.

You seem very biased.

Based on what we know about her potential opponents, "you can't". Or they can't.

And "she is".

I honestly doubt there are ANY strikers out there, known or unknown, who can apply a stick and move gameplan against Rousey. I don't think it's possible.

What we DO know is that there are Judo players who have been able to beat her in the past. Not saying she's gonna be beat by a fellow judoka in MMA.

It's just, and that was my original point: to beat Ronda, you have to be able to beat her at her own game. Not try and beat her by avoiding her game.

Here is a list of fighters that Murphy has wins over....

Miriam Nakamoto (2-1)
Sarah D'Alelio (7-6)
Kaitlin Young (7-8)
Jennifer Scott (2-3)
Julia Griffin (1-3)
Leslie Wright (1-2)
Kloiah Wayland (1-2).

Murphy belongs in the top 10? That's laughable.

Miriam is one of the biggest prospects at 135lbs and the win over her was a huge upset.
Sarah D'Alelio is your typical stiff veteran, a win over her means you're a solid fighter,
Kaitlin Young was at one point a huge prospect at 135lbs but she's fallen on hard times, she also has a win over Miesha Tate by headkick KO.
The rest are your typical promotional/transition to big stage type fighters.

It's ok though DetroitSniper, clearly the people that assemble the most reputable rankings in WMMA are in the wrong and you're a wise genius.

The Unified Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Rankings are assembled each month by a panel of journalists from multiple MMA websites and publications. These rankings are acknowledged by most promotions as the only official women’s mixed martial arts rankings assembled by division and weight class.

I'm sure MMARising will update that soon with "lol sorry, we're shutting down, a dick on a forum who has no idea who one of the hottest prospects at 135 lbs is says our rankings are shit".

I'll let you go now, I'm sure the short bus will be along soon for you.

Miriam is one of the biggest prospects at 135lbs and the win over her was a huge upset.
Sarah D'Alelio is your typical stiff veteran, a win over her means you're a solid fighter,
Kaitlin Young was at one point a huge prospect at 135lbs but she's fallen on hard times, she also has a win over Miesha Tate by headkick KO.

It's ok though DetroitSniper, clearly the people that assemble the most reputable rankings in WMMA are in the wrong and you're a wise genius.

I'm sure MMARising will update that soon with "lol sorry, we're shutting down, a dick on a forum who has no idea who one of the hottest prospects at 135 lbs is says our rankings are shit".

Sorry, but he's right. The Nakamoto win was flukey as hell and I dont think anyone who watched it would favor her in a rematch. D'Alelio is a gatekeeper at best and Kaitlin by the time she fought Murphy was no longer a prospect in any way. The ranking was basically gifted since she was the IFC champ

Young knocked out Tate and now where is she? She had potential but refused to improve her wrestling game. She'll probably stay in Invicta for the rest of her career.

Sorry, but he's right. The Nakamoto win was flukey as hell and I dont think anyone who watched it would favor her in a rematch. D'Alelio is a gatekeeper at best and Kaitlin by the time she fought Murphy was no longer a prospect in any way. The ranking was basically gifted since she was the IFC champ

Finally, somebody in this thread who knows WMMA.

Sara will need to do much more to state her case for another title shot. Getting a split decision win last night doesn't help. She needs probably another two or three good wins before another title shot.

Finally, somebody in this thread who knows WMMA.

You're debating the legitimacy of MMARising rankings. You don't "know" anything. And yes I acknowledged that Murphy's win over Nakamoto was tainted. You made out like Nakamoto was an absolute nobody.

Back