People still think Sara McMann has anything for Ronda Rousey?

Never thought she would win against R3.
But I did hope/thought she would be able to put up more of a fight than she did.

But no, she has unfortunately nothing for R3.

Ever since her new Boyfriend, Sara hasn't looked the same in the cage
2h6ccvc.jpg

The chance still remains unchanged from 10%.

With all things considered, one-in-ten chance against Rousey is actually really not that bad.

well, Ronda finished the top contenders, and i don't expect Zingano to do better (will apologize if she proves me wrong though)
14kz51e.jpg

btw who would you tap ?

The chance still remains unchanged from 10%.

With all things considered, one-in-ten chance against Rousey is actually really not that bad.
Sara's best chance was back in 2010/11. As each each year goes by, that number gets smaller and smaller. Ronda is evolving much faster than her and Sara simply doesn't have the time to catch up.

Sara's best chance was back in 2010/11. As each each year goes by, that number gets smaller and smaller. Ronda is evolving much faster than her and Sara simply doesn't have the time to catch up.
With Sara's wrestling ability she should be taking her opponents down and turning their faces into jello with gnp instead she takes them down and lays on them for three rounds while doing almost no damage at all. Even in 2010/11 it wouldn't have worked and now there is not a snowball's chance in hell it would work.

With Sara's wrestling ability she should be taking her opponents down and turning their faces into jello with gnp instead she takes them down and lays on them for three rounds while doing almost no damage at all. Even in 2010/11 it wouldn't have worked and now there is not a snowball's chance in hell it would work.
Not saying Sara would have beat Ronda back then. But I can see it playing out like the first Tate fight. With Ronda getting careless on the ground and putting herself into some bad positions. I think Sara still gets caught. Just would have been a 1st round arm bar instead of a (T)KO.

Give me some credit. I said before this fight that while McMann has the ability to match Rousey, she would have to reinvent herself as a fighter. And that its not clear she has enough time left in the game to do that.

tbf, for RR her gameplan would be the complete opposite; keep it standing and hope to outstrike her.

this thread is kinda shitty, zero analysis or insight for the match being referenced...it's just "oh ho, this fighter had an underwhelming performance, eat shit people who think she has a chance against the champ"...

tbf, for RR her gameplan would be the complete opposite; keep it standing and hope to outstrike her.
You mean don't go to the ground, get into clinch range, or get trapped near the fence. So basically do nothing but jab and jog for 5 rounds.

You mean don't go to the ground, get into clinch range, or get trapped near the fence. So basically do nothing but jab and jog for 5 rounds.

If you can jog and jab against Rousey and win then more power to you and you deserve that strap.

If you can jog and jab against Rousey and win then more power to you and you deserve that strap.

You can't. Simple as that. If anyone is gonna beat Ronda, it's gonna be by landing a huge punch or being able to beat her in the clinch/on the ground.

You can't. Simple as that. If anyone is gonna beat Ronda, it's gonna be by landing a huge punch or being able to beat her in the clinch/on the ground.

Someone who can keep keep her at a distance and neutralize her standup offense with counter-striking and defense can most definitely "jog and jab" into a victory.

You act like she's immune to that shit.

Someone who can keep keep her at a distance and neutralize her standup offense with counter-striking and defense can most definitely "jog and jab" into a victory.

You act like she's immune to that shit.

She is.

Well, theoretically you could utilize that gameplan, it's just that there is no one able to go through with it. There's not a female fighter out there with the striking abilities to threaten Ronda enough to not getting the clinch. Ronda is gonna clinch if she so chooses. You have to be able to beat her in the clinch - at least by being able to get out of it time and time again without being thrown.

She is.

Well, theoretically you could utilize that gameplan, it's just that there is no one able to go through with it. There's not a female fighter out there with the striking abilities to threaten Ronda enough to not getting the clinch. Ronda is gonna clinch if she so chooses. You have to be able to beat her in the clinch - at least by being able to get out of it time and time again without being thrown.

So who can land a huge fight-deciding punch on her or beat her in the clinch or on the ground?

This is all theoretical. Lol "She is."

Back