Pathfinder: Kingmaker (crpg in style of Baldur's Gate)

I'm liking the game but I wish they would have done a better job with the tutorial on building your empire. I had to search on the steam forums for help. I didn't know at the time I had to upgrade a village to a town in order to upgrade structures. The next question then was how I was supposed to upgrade from a village to a town and then I found out I have to have 3 villages under my rule. Valerie also has the dullest personality which is why I hardly use her in my party

It’s fucking awesome. Better than games at twice the price.

But if you don’t want to micromanage - choose easiest option. This is a hardcore game.
Yup I loved the pricing for the game. I also downloaded Bards Tale 4 a week before for around the same price. I enjoyed Kingmaker much more even though I was a Bards Tale fanatic back in the days. The new Bards Tale seemed a lot more monotonous this time around

I'm liking the game but I wish they would have done a better job with the tutorial on building your empire. I had to search on the steam forums for help. I didn't know at the time I had to upgrade a village to a town in order to upgrade structures. The next question then was how I was supposed to upgrade from a village to a town and then I found out I have to have 3 villages under my rule. Valerie also has the dullest personality which is why I hardly use her in my party

Game needs a lot more tutorials.

Also have a calendar system based on some bullshit month names isn’t smart. Just give me a timer.

Game needs a lot more tutorials.

Also have a calendar system based on some bullshit month names isn’t smart. Just give me a timer.
I agree with the calender system since a lot of my events expired before I had a chance to assign someone to the post. At least they didn't seem important at the time since the rewards were just extra BP points

BUT it’s a great if very difficult game.

Don’t go near ironman and save all the time. Manual saves because a quick save or three might fuck you up to the level of needing a trainer.

There are some serious BS events like a duel between your companion and a dude which will always end the same game result even if you defeat the dude. Set up to fail. Or your an event where your main character gets to ‘run’ away from a horde of monsters.

I agree with the calender system since a lot of my events expired before I had a chance to assign someone to the post. At least they didn't seem important at the time since the rewards were just extra BP points

I don’t know if Shagtime follows Sheepbug but is before Winterbeer.

Don’t go near ironman and save all the time. Manual saves because a quick save or three might fuck you up to the level of needing a trainer.

There are some serious BS events like a duel between your companion and a dude which will always end the same game result even if you defeat the dude. Set up to fail. Or your an event where your main character gets to ‘run’ away from a horde of monsters.
Yeah that duel my god that was so damn boring since Valerie and that captain were missing each other the entire time. It even allowed me to make lunch while they both were still dueling

Oh yeah, that kingdom building tutorial would have been nice. I too had to search how to build Bokken a workshop.

At one point I was able to access kingdom management while traveling but not anymore. Am I too far away from it, or in lands I haven't claimed and it is not possible because of that?

I'm currently hunting the trolls. I found some dwarven treasure that gave me +2 to str,dex and con. And greataxe "Trollreaper" that does 1d6 acid damage.

Just read a lot of posts in the steam forum which I try to avoid because of spoilers. The game is definately buggy as hell and could possibly break your game. It seems like Im now screwed on some of the research a curse because you need Bartholomew as an advisor which he won't join my kingdom because I have not chosen an option much earlier to get a whip from him against the trolls. These types of bugs combined with the lack of tutorials for building your empire makes me want to take a break from the game till they fix these issues

I think you get to choose who is going to be your advisor from multiple choices. I unlocked cultural advisor position and I had the option to use the storyteller, linzi or jaethal for the job. I think you might be able to assign someone else for that advisors position.

I got the whip for Bartholomew but he didnt join since I had ordered him to release the troll he was experimenting on.

I'm lucky that I haven't had any game breaking bugs, though I just got hit by that stacking effect from certain items. Valerie has a screen length of fire resistances and my palading had like 50 uses of smite evil.

Apparently patch already came out which fixes those issues.

This quick patch releasing is a bit of a double edged sword: on one hand stuff gets fixed quickly but new bugs may be introduced. To get mostly bug free patches, they would have to test by playing through the whole game which would take days.

I'm still loving the game.

Bartholomew finally joined after I finished the womb of Lamashtu quest. Still I have not found any advisor to wrap up the two research curses related to the scythe tree and tartuk.

I turned the difficulty back up to normal settings at level 7. Before that I was just getting curb stomped everywhere I went

Bartholomew finally joined after I finished the womb of Lamashtu quest. Still I have not found any advisor to wrap up the two research curses related to the scythe tree and tartuk.
I was confused by this too. Apparently you need to recruit Nok-Nok , some goblin companion or something

Edit: I just read something about having to level up your kingdom stats. I dunno I’m finding it pretty confusing

Last edited:
Does it have a module editor like old Neverwinter Nights did?

I was confused by this too. Apparently you need to recruit Nok-Nok , some goblin companion or something

Edit: I just read something about having to level up your kingdom stats. I dunno I’m finding it pretty confusing
I recommend turning on the new option of Kingdom continuation even after decay since it would suck if lose hours of gameplay just because you don't keep up with the stats of your kingdom. I was getting bombarded with losing double digit kingdom stats each week because my companions keep failing on controlling the undead and giants attacking my kingdom

I recommend turning on the new option of Kingdom continuation even after decay since it would suck if lose hours of gameplay just because you don't keep up with the stats of your kingdom. I was getting bombarded with losing double digit kingdom stats each week because my companions keep failing on controlling the undead and giants attacking my kingdom
*cough* save scum *cough*
Seriously, the success of the advisor is rolled at the moment the problem/opportunity expires.

If you're lawful, you can build bulletin boards in villages that give +2 to solving the problem in the region where the village is.

As to getting advisors more, I finished just season of bloom and was able to choose a warden. I think it occurs when the stat that is associated with an existing advisor gets high enough. Maybe 60ish?

Pro-tip: when going to womb of lamashu, have delay poison communal (3rd level cleric spell). Spider venom eats your stats otherwise.

*cough* save scum *cough*
Seriously, the success of the advisor is rolled at the moment the problem/opportunity expires.

If you're lawful, you can build bulletin boards in villages that give +2 to solving the problem in the region where the village is.

As to getting advisors more, I finished just season of bloom and was able to choose a warden. I think it occurs when the stat that is associated with an existing advisor gets high enough. Maybe 60ish?

Pro-tip: when going to womb of lamashu, have delay poison communal (3rd level cleric spell). Spider venom eats your stats otherwise.
I do have multiple saves for every 20 minute gameplay. Wait till later in the game when you lose -3 stability everyday and that is one of the hardest attributes to keep up. Previous before the implementation of kingdom decay button was introduced, I had to load saves going back 2-3 hours ago

Back