Pathfinder: Kingmaker (crpg in style of Baldur's Gate)

I do have multiple saves for every 20 minute gameplay. Wait till later in the game when you lose -3 stability everyday and that is one of the hardest attributes to keep up. Previous before the implementation of kingdom decay button was introduced, I had to load saves going back 2-3 hours ago
I believe that daily stat loss happens if you've let the current main threat go unattended for a long time, I had it happen when the curse was activated when I was doing 2 week training with someone

I did the vordekai quest line and got immediately the barbarian invasion stuff to deal with and followed by armags tomb -quest. That actually failed at first due to time I spent on kingdom management. One reload and not doing a 14 day advisor upgrade helped to do it on time.

Dealt with that and now I am king. I have done a upgrades and now I have Valerie and Jaethal companion quests active.

I got the Linxia hellknight event but I was fortunate enough to read that you need to immediately afterward go to your capital square where they are interrogating people to stop the stat drain. Then back to throne room and back again to square exit to meet the guy she is looking for.

I feel like they really need to show these quest timers to people.

And apparently once you have upgraded your kingdom stats 40 times, you get project that makes advisor training last 7 days instead of 14. Not anywhere close to that yet.

DO NOT BUY

This is seriously seriously bugged and the bugs will destroy your end game.

Basically you are rushed into the end game no matter how much time you want to spend leveling up BUT there is a bugged event which will make you LOSE a war in the game engine and stats which you actually won and this will destroy any chance of playing the end game even on lowest difficulty.

If you’re masochistic switch off the game option that allows your kingdom to collapse if you fail at management (which you will because of the bug) BUT that will still ruin your end game because you debuffed to the level of a blind beggar fighting a 20th level Paladin. I switched on a trainer and left my level 20 party fighting some random idiots and it took on average ten minutes to defeat a couple of elves. With the trainer and one hit kills on.

Also the game ends when you defeat the last boss.

And if you play the game you will inevitably need my walkthrough to find a certain key on a certain level (walkthrough is on steam).

Come back in a month to this game.

I recommend turning on the new option of Kingdom continuation even after decay since it would suck if lose hours of gameplay just because you don't keep up with the stats of your kingdom. I was getting bombarded with losing double digit kingdom stats each week because my companions keep failing on controlling the undead and giants attacking my kingdom

You still will be murdered at the end with the greatest debuff in game history. It’s tied to your kingdom stats.

I won’t even go into how beta play testers have again made this a min-max Heaven and how the moral choices are idiotic and horrible.

You can keep being a paladin if you let a thief go (NG), burn down a village and then free some prisoners (CG). Because the game calculated that you were neutral and that doesn’t move your moral compass. So if you pick too many “Don’t hang the villagers for not paying taxes” options you as for instance a Paladin might lose your status.

But They introduced a recent new game mechanic to cope with the issue of losing starting alignment - a potion you can buy. So you can burn, pillage, rape and torture then you buy a potion and you’re a paladin again.

You still will be murdered at the end with the greatest debuff in game history. It’s tied to your kingdom stats.
Haven't quite encountered that bug yet. I stopped at Pitax since I couldn't progress any further because the riot scene was bugged. I will revisit the game in a month

I wanted to tell the devs what I bought about a level that took me two days to get through and I had to write a walkthrough about because it’s not DIFFICULT, its FUCKING stupid. You get teleported depending. On where you walk into mist in a room.

But I would have got a ban on my Steam account if I used the words I wanted to. Shit. I would get banned here.

Haven't quite encountered that bug yet. I stopped at Pitax since I couldn't progress any further because the riot scene was bugged. I will revisit the game in a month

That’s the killer bug and even though they say they have fixed it - it isn’t fixed. The riot disappears but you lose the war.

I'm of the opinion that the DND ruleset was probably the worst thing about the Baldur's Gate series. DND setting and characters? Awesome. Having to read through an extensive rulebook just to play a video game? Not so much.

There is a reason modern RPGs like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sins stayed away from that
Pillars of eternity feels like 100 times more complicated than DnD. Mostly in the itemization and spell powers.

Nice to see the game has its fans. I was a bit disappointed in the mediocre reviews.

Pillars of eternity feels like 100 times more complicated than DnD. Mostly in the itemization and spell powers.

Nice to see the game has its fans. I was a bit disappointed in the mediocre reviews.

Worst thing about modern games of this type is that the early beta players totally fuck up the game balance.

Nowadays you have to fucking read page upon page of gibberish on the net about character builds before you play a game because not choosing “Double Ass Grab” at level 3 and “Your sister” at level 5 combined with “Holy Shit” at level 8 and “Double Moccha” at level 20 will fuck up your paladin1/pimp4/pirate4/ninja5/barista2 build.

This also applies to Divinity and Pillar of Eternity/Tyranny.

I read somebody complaining about the combat in Kingmaker being too easy because they took a barbarian companion and made her a barbarian/bard/monk/thief or some shit. As if that character would do that.

Early players are to blame because they don’t just play the game as a straight character without going full autistic because these munchkin autistic types are the ones that gravitate to early funding and testing.

Another proof that kickstart is death for the game industry.

Worst thing about modern games of this type is that the early beta players totally fuck up the game balance.

Nowadays you have to fucking read page upon page of gibberish on the net about character builds before you play a game because not choosing “Double Ass Grab” at level 3 and “Your sister” at level 5 combined with “Holy Shit” at level 8 and “Double Moccha” at level 20 will fuck up your paladin1/pimp4/pirate4/ninja5/barista2 build.

I read somebody complaining about the combat in Kingmaker being too easy because they took a barbarian companion and made her a barbarian/bard/monk/thief or some shit. As if that character would do that.

Early players are to blame because they don’t just play the game as a straight character without going full autistic because these munchkin autistic types are the ones that gravitate to early funding and testing.

What?

"Another proof that kickstart is death for the game industry."
Shadowrun Returns was another great RPG game made possible through kickstart. I disagree with you on that a bit.

Shadowrun Returns was another great RPG game made possible through kickstart. I disagree with you on that a bit.
I liked those Shadowrun games and there have been other good games that wouldn't have made it without kickstarter. Sure, sometimes they fail but it really helps these kind of games that big studios consider too niche.

In this case, I believe that the devs simply ran out of money and they had to release it as it is or scrap it. (Another possibility is that the company that owns the Pathfinder IP had some contractual leverage and forced them to release it)
To their credit, the first few weeks saw them releasing patches even on weekends. They are active on the steam forums trying to help people.

In my own experience, I have not run into any serious bugs, that item effect duplication was most notable one. I feel like I have been playing just a little bit behind the stuff that patches fix. I see a lot of complaints about Pitax and I am not there yet. It helps that this is not the only game I am playing.

Overall, I have enjoyed this a lot to this point at least. I like how the game looks, the storybook elements are nice, visuals are nice, the kingdom management is cool idea though it could use some adjusting, I like the combat - especially how the use of a single spell can make a hard fight a cakewalk. (especially deathward that prevents negative levels and stat drain). I have gotten some good bg2 style vibes that I have been sorely missing for years. I can feel the full potential in this game.

Not to mention Wasteland 2, Torment 2 and Divinity Original Sin. We now have more choices in terms of classic pc rpgs

Just conquered Pitax, no major bugs so far. Some minor ones seem to be there in relation to companion quests that I have finished but it doesn't seem to reflect on their character panel. I found the location of bandit,monster and bard camp almost immediately after pitax war started by just going around so I didn't even get a lot of bad event cards from them.

Irovetti's palace had some minor bugs, dc check to does nothing when passed, candlesticks in walls became unclickable if clicked in wrong order.

That gnome wizard duo fight was a pain though. And F those golems that give that prismatic surge status effect. I guess you either have to beat it's dc with remove curse or cast greater restoration. Of course, beating it's dc means that remove curse scrolls or potions didnt work due to their low caster level.

Companion quests apparently have effect on the end game so I think I'll wait a bit again before resuming playing.

ugh, I was near the end of the game and my kingdom is suddenly getting wiped out for no reason as far as I can tell... I want to like this game but jesus christ it is so shody in some ways

I read from steam forums that the upcoming 1.1 patch has about 1000 bug fixes and kingdom management gets reworked somewhat. I would like to have more knowledge as to why things are going wrong and how to fix them.

For example, if your BP drops below 0, your kingdom status drops by 1 , it happened to me in chapter 2 and it went to worried state and stayed there for like 2 chapters. As I was leveling up advisors, it suddenly went up to stable.

Speaking of BP dropping, better make sure you have good surplus of it always, if you get hit by the thiefs have broken into treasure event card, it decreases dramatically. In chapter 5 I think i got hit by for -400 or -500. Barely had enough to stay above 0. You get most of it back if your advisor deals with it but if the kingdom status dropped it doesn't rise back again.

Speaking of BP, I think I started to get BP from regions when I leveled my economy advisor to level 6.

Was going to buy this but my nephew told me about it...made me not want to.

Apparently the kingdom portion of the game is completely random event driven. He had his built up but was hit by 4 plague events in a row that was impossible to stop in time before destroying his kingdom. Also the events seem to pop up constantly making being away from your city for more than a short time near impossible making the game feel more like a weak kingdom sim. Thats some seriously horrible design flaws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back