PATH OF EXILE Official Thread, v1: Serious Improvements Coming Out

I'm confident I'm not far off. KB/B Raider/PF/x Wander is the meta build. Every Imbued Wand you skip this league is one less pull on the slot machine. All I'm saying is if your cognizant of the strong builds you can pick up the 1 or 2 relevant rares that might drop in your map and not be slowed down significantly.

Okay that makes more sense and I would agree with that.

Okay that makes more sense and I would agree with that.

I could have articulated it better the first time. I stick to Imbued Wands, Siege Axes, Jeweled Foils, Ambushers/Platinum Kris' and Spirit Shields. None of these drop particularly often, maybe 1-3 of any in the list in any given map.

If you've got that Starcraft APM you can id and sell before your next map loads in, lol.

Ugh you got me thinking about leveling a golemancer on another account to boss kill while I'm clearing on my wander. Would be so fast and chill for guardians lol.

Btw do you use a super boost Eva pot? Don't have much of a need for shield with Eva with a 6k Eva potion if you are pathfinder.

My Harbinger wander is a Raider, not pathfinder.

Although I did rework a 93 Pathfinder I had on standard to a wander. 6L'ed a Belly (I was amazed I didnt have a 6L already, I had like 7 6S5L's, lol), threw on an Esh's mirror and some really good gear... Im just waiting to 1 shot myself with Esh stacks. I need to get a pen/attack vinktars, only have the conversion and spell ones.

I could have articulated it better the first time. I stick to Imbued Wands, Siege Axes, Jeweled Foils, Ambushers/Platinum Kris' and Spirit Shields. None of these drop particularly often, maybe 1-3 of any in the list in any given map.

If you've got that Starcraft APM you can id and sell before your next map loads in, lol.

lol that's what I do but now that I switched to iiq it's become all I can do to just clear inventory.

My Harbinger wander is a Raider, not pathfinder.

Although I did rework a 93 Pathfinder I had on standard to a wander. 6L'ed a Belly (I was amazed I didnt have a 6L already, I had like 7 6S5L's, lol), threw on an Esh's mirror and some really good gear... Im just waiting to 1 shot myself with Esh stacks. I need to get a pen/attack vinktars, only have the conversion and spell ones.

If you are VP the only way you can 1 shot yourself is on an ele reflect map. My char only has 4300 hp in iiq gear and I basically never die thanks to pots/killspeed and VP. It helps that I run 2 headhunter gems too. The defense from those is beyond OP at wander clearspeed.

Also I would get an attack vinktars if you can. If you are using esh's mirror you don't need top end damage help you really just need getting started damage help. On iiq gear I basically have a level 25 wrath (now 26) and vinktars plus gems as my only startup damage. The first pack might take 2 shots but as long as you go fast and keep your stacks rolling damage is insane. If you can get a Vaal breach gem for bosses that solves that problem too.

That's because you're ignorant. You already lost this debate a handful of times, badly, and yet were so obnoxiously determined not to concede that other random posters in the forum were literally telling you to just "shut the fuck up".

There's no need to revisit the dozens of metrics (like total ownership or shared Battle.net subscriptions which are presently at an all-time high) already cited. Newzoo has quickly become one of the most esteemed tracking service in the world, now.
https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-20-core-pc-games/
Path of Exile's first market was Steam, and Steam is the western market. This is the first time it has ever cracked the list, at #20, and it still trails D3. D3 has been a mainstay on this list since the list first appeared in May 2014, debuting at #9, a full two years after Diablo's #1 bestselling PC launch in history (and a 2013 65% crash in playerbase), and appearing as high as #12 the previous month this July.

I didn't come in here to slap you around, again. I came in to inform players of the game about this momentous imminent eclipse.

1. bold for the lulz. holy crap. you did it AGAIN. dat ironic hypocrisy! (no, steam was never poe's first market) *facepalm* and the ignorance part will carry through the next 4 points...
2. no one plays d3 anymore. no one's really played d3 in YEARS.
3. you never slapped anyone around, which is why you repeatedly resorted to deleting everything to save face. i still have screenshots, by the way. i'm sure you don't want me to post them.
4. all you did was mention how many games d3 sold and forbes. neither of which was relevant to the conversation of the time. then you proceeded to make that same mistake in 2 more threads. i'm honestly amazed you didn't mention forbes in the above post.

5. nice link. too bad it's only for people who use an app i've never even heard of. too bad they also even disclaim it with "The majority of the gamers that use this software are from the US and Europe so sessions outside of those regions are discarded for this ranking." which is funny, since poe has an especially high (comparitively) aus/nz/pacific population. which shouldn't be any surprise to anyone with a brain - SINCE THEY'RE FROM NEW ZEALAND.

the eclipse wasn't/isn't (if you believe it didn't happen yet) that momentous, anyway. d3 hasn't had a large active playerbase in many years.

Last edited:
1. bold for the lulz. holy crap. you did it AGAIN. dat ironic hypocrisy! (no, steam was never poe's first market) *facepalm* and the ignorance part will carry through the next 4 points...
2. no one plays d3 anymore. no one's really played d3 in YEARS.
3. you never slapped anyone around, which is why you repeatedly resorted to deleting everything to save face. i still have screenshots, by the way. i'm sure you don't want me to post them.
4. all you did was mention how many games d3 sold and forbes. neither of which was relevant to the conversation of the time. then you proceeded to make that same mistake in 2 more threads. i'm honestly amazed you didn't mention forbes in the above post.

5. nice link. too bad it's only for people who use an app i've never even heard of. too bad they also even disclaim it with "The majority of the gamers that use this software are from the US and Europe so sessions outside of those regions are discarded for this ranking." which is funny, since poe has an especially high (comparitively) aus/nz/pacific population. which shouldn't be any surprise to anyone with a brain - SINCE THEY'RE FROM NEW ZEALAND.

the eclipse wasn't/isn't (if you believe it didn't happen yet) that momentous, anyway. d3 hasn't had a large active playerbase in many years.
v1.0 launched on Steam:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of_Exile#Development
Wikipedia said:
Alpha started around June 2010, and ended when 0.9.0 was released in August 2011. Following a period under closed beta which players could pay to join, the developers started an open beta on 23 January 2013 which was free to play with purchasable microtransactions. The game was patched for release version 1.0.0 on 23 October 2013. On this date, it was also made available on Steam.[6] The game continues to be updated with new content and fixes on a roughly monthly basis (from Version History).[20]
None of your arguments was censored. They were moved to a separate thread. I will not entertain another derail educating you on these matters. You've never offered an iota of evidence beyond subreddit activity: vs. massive sales, subscription, quoted peak activity, and countless other discrepancies cited by hard sources.

Your wounded ego isn't my concern.

v1.0 launched on Steam:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_of_Exile#Development

None of your arguments was censored. They were moved to a separate thread. I will not entertain another derail educating you on these matters. You've never offered an iota of evidence beyond subreddit activity: vs. massive sales, subscription, quoted peak activity, and countless other discrepancies cited by hard sources.

Your wounded ego isn't my concern.

...the game was out LONG before 1.0.

they even had challenge leagues (anarchy and onslaught) before 1.0. they had at least 3 race SEASONS before 1.0

thanks for proving my claim, yourself. wholly ignorant.

FACT: steam was not their first market.

lolz @ "hard sources." you quoted some wolf app i never heard of that has little (if anything) to do with this... and they even ran a disclaimer that made it more or less irrelevant, given that (again) the game is based in new zealand and has a disproportionate kiwi/aussie base.

as for wounded egos, you're the one who repeatedly hid everything. i had/have nothing to hide. hence that screenshot. hahaha

None of your arguments was censored. They were moved to a separate thread.

wrong.

and it wasn't just my posts, about a page's worth was deleted from the xbox poe thread. posts that actually had a lot of helpful info, too.

Last edited:
...the game was out LONG before 1.0.
Funny. It's almost like the Wiki quote-box mentions exactly that.
they even had challenge leagues (anarchy and onslaught) before 1.0. they had at least 3 race SEASONS before 1.0

thanks for proving my claim, yourself. wholly ignorant.

FACT: steam was not their first market.

lolz @ "hard sources." you quoted some wolf app i never heard of that has little (if anything) to do with this... and they even ran a disclaimer that made it more or less irrelevant, given that (again) the game is based in new zealand and has a disproportionate kiwi/aussie base.

as for wounded egos, you're the one who repeatedly hid everything. i had/have nothing to hide. hence that screenshot. hahaha

wrong.

and it wasn't just my posts, about a page's worth was deleted from the xbox poe thread. posts that actually had a lot of helpful info, too.
You were moderated because you were trolling posters and derailing threads. You cried about that thinking it was the heft of your arguments (LOL) and so your posts were undeleted and moved to another more appropriate thread for transparency.

Here you are at it again. #Sigh

Funny. It's almost like the Wiki quote-box mentions exactly that.

...so you posted evidence that blatantly contradicted your claim, but did so while still arguing, anyway?

doubt it. evidence points to you thinking that 1.0 was the first launch because you just didn't know better. which would be just fine, if you didn't just accuse me of being ignorant.

You were moderated because you were trolling posters and derailing threads. You cried about that thinking it was the heft of your arguments (LOL) and so your posts were undeleted and moved to another more appropriate thread for transparency.

Here you are at it again. #Sigh

that's not even the right thread! that was the PREVIOUS time you censored everything. and you only brought back the posts a week later, after i posted a screenshot and a few people commented about the missing content. also, you were the one derailing that thread... and you even admitted it (only in private, though. can't have any evidence of you being wrong in an actual thread!)

the thread in question was the poe/xbox thread. a pathofexile thread was "derailed" with pathofexile content? umm... totally. many posts were explaining the differences between the xbox version and the pc version... and you deleted them. the only troll there was you, apparently.

...so you posted evidence that blatantly contradicted your claim, but did so while still arguing, anyway?

doubt it. evidence points to you thinking that 1.0 was the first launch because you just didn't know better. which would be just fine, if you didn't just accuse me of being ignorant.
Evidence points towards me understanding the difference between official market releases and alpha/beta releases. In your rabid desperation for an "aha!" moment you overlooked the obvious.
https://mmos.com/news/path-exile-playerbase-grows-40-after-update
"First released in 2013 by New Zealand based studio Grinding Gear Games..."
that's not even the right thread! that was the PREVIOUS time you censored everything.
and you only brought back the posts a week later, after i posted a screenshot and a few people commented about the missing content. also, you were the one derailing that thread... and you even admitted it (only in private, though. can't have any evidence of you being wrong in an actual thread!)

the thread in question was the poe/xbox thread.
a pathofexile thread was "derailed" with pathofexile content? umm... totally. many posts were explaining the differences between the xbox version and the pc version... and you deleted them. the only troll there was you, apparently.
The thread where you were censored involved no discussion between you and me. You went into the Console edition of the PoE thread and were trolling Console players due to the choice of their platform. Those posts were deleted.

This other incident involving a screenshot you posted was of a PM I sent you after I'd already instructed you to stop derailing this thread, and you refused to do so-- the former a bannable offense for which I spared you. Even admins aren't allowed to do that. Your posts that were on topic, and that preceded that directive, were not deleted. The rest of this is a lie that has previously been addressed, and said posts were made transparent because you cried so much (by being undeleted and moved to another thread so everyone could see that it was derailing posts, not brilliant arguments, that were prohibited: an extraordinary and unprecedented act of transparency). This has already been explained & shown to the forum, openly. I am done entertaining your wild fabrications on this matter. It's tantamount to libel. Be a man, suck it up, and move on.

Back to the statistics if you'd ever like to cite one. Persecution complexes are easy. Evidence is hard. First, let's address the notion that New Zealand is some monstrous market distorting the NewZoo tracking I cited in a previous post:
  • US + Europe = 1.0662 billion people
  • New Zealand = 4.693 million people
To gamers curious about PoE's recent spike in activity:
http://steamcharts.com/app/238960
As you can see, prior to March 2017, it has never recorded a Peak Concurrent User (PCCU) record on Steam above 47K players. In March, it hit a PCCU of 65K, and that reflected a 40% surge in playerbase since the update mentioned in the article I posted above. This remained the highest PCCU until just this August, when that number skyrocketed to 98K. This has always accounted for more than half of its total playerbase as reported, and quite obviously, this spike in playerbase is a phenomenon of the past six months alone.

Of course, this doesn't come close to Diablo III's crest when it saw more than 5.8m players in a single day (avg. 2.1m per day) back in 2013, but naturally this is a story of criss-crossing destinies (for comparison, to date, in its entire history, PoE has seen 5.702 million total discrete players to have ever played the game at least once on Steam). That preceded the game's single greatest drop when it suffered a 65% crash in playerbase back in July 2013. Of course, as Cinemablend notes, that took it from a 40% share of internet cafes following launch in South Korea to just 14%. Even the latter is a massive market share as this is the primary platform for PC gaming in Korea. Naturally we're discussing an Asian market where Starcraft and Diablo are historically super-famous games, and Blizzard is acutely revered.

In fact, even after that crash, which reflected a similar decline on the smaller Xfire market, Xfire still officially reported a new low of 15.7k PCCU on its own service for Diablo III (5% of total Xfire PCCU gamershare at the time). Of course, Xfire is roughly 1/5th the size of Steam, and even less active per its base, while simultaneously it carries an even smaller proportion of D3 players relative to Blizzard's home Battle.net than Steam does relative to all other core services for PC games available on its service-- a truth that can easily be extrapolated from total owners/subscribers.

Not enough? Okay, let's look to Twitch.
https://sullygnome.com/game/Path_of_Exile/365/summary
https://sullygnome.com/game/Diablo_III_Reaper_of_Souls/365/summary
As you can see, in the past year, the peak Twitch viewership for PoE prior to August never exceeded 35K viewers, a high from March (noticing a pattern?), and of course we can see D3 hitting ~38K a month after that in April, and 43K in July. PoE is finally eclipsing those figures, now (despite a superior avg viewer rank which of course isn't as accurate an indicator of overall active base-- looking in this case to Steam's transparency to extrapolate this pattern). PoE suddenly vaulted to a new high of 85K just this August.

In other words, all evidence indicates that I've accurately come to mark the moment in time at which PoE appears to be eclipsing Diablo 3 as precisely as possible. How did I get that right? By not being stupid, of course.

You're welcome.

Evidence points towards me understanding the difference between official market releases and alpha/beta releases. In your rabid desperation for an "aha!" moment you overlooked the obvious.
https://mmos.com/news/path-exile-playerbase-grows-40-after-update
"First released in 2013 by New Zealand based studio Grinding Gear Games..."

...i have no idea what you think this means, in terms of the discussion. wow, you found an article that also got it wrong, congrats!

it's already an extablished fact that steam was NOT their first market, contrary to your claim. otherwise, there is a lot of time traveling to be explained. again, not only had standard/hc been around well before then, but 2 challenge leagues and 3 (or more?) racing SEASONS. obviously, people had been playing/buying mtx well before the 1.0 release.

one could argue that the crowdfunding (whichever site/method it was) was the first market, but regardless, it's pretty silly to say the first market for the game was long after leagues/seasons/etc, well after plenty of people had been playing.

The thread where you were censored involved no discussion between you and me.

this is false due to the singular use of "thread," since there were many in which i was censored. and yes, involving you/i.

You went into the Console edition of the PoE thread and were trolling Console players due to the choice of their platform.

wow. if you believe this, you might truly be insane.

explaining differences between xbox and pc release = "trolling." got it. /s

Those posts were deleted.

as were many other posts. the thread in its current form isn't even 2 pages now.

This other incident involving a screenshot you posted was of a PM I sent you after I'd already instructed you to stop derailing this thread

false, because you deleted the posts (including yours) before i even saw them... and worse, because you were the one derailing it. which you even admitted via PM.

this is also the "incident" in which you later brought the posts back (about a week later)... and iirc, added them to a completely different thread, which made no sense to anyone.

and you refused to do so-- the former a bannable offense for which I spared you.

hahahahahaahaha. holy crap, someone made a poe post in a poe thread?!

Even admins aren't allowed to do that.

and yet, you did.

Your posts that were on topic, and that preceded that directive, were not deleted.

false. not only did you delete them, you deleted posts that quoted them to cover it up.

...which you also even admitted via PM.

The rest of this is a lie that has previously been addressed, and said posts were made transparent because you cried so much (by being undeleted and moved to another thread so everyone could see that it was derailing posts, not brilliant arguments, that were prohibited: an extraordinary and unprecedented act of transparency). This has already been explained & shown to the forum, openly. I am done entertaining your wild fabrications on this matter. It's tantamount to libel. Be a man, suck it up, and move on.

that's not even the right thread. yet again. you keep confusing the subject matter. this was about the xbox poe thread.

but it's fucking hilarious that you're patting yourself on the back... AGAIN... for "transparency," while literally doing the exact opposite. you deleted about a page worth of posts (in this very thread, ironically), got called out, had evidence posted via the screenshot... and then about a week later, you brought the posts back... but moved them to an irrelevant thread and celebrated your "transparency" of censorship (hint: censorship isn't transparent).

then... also with poe (xbox thread), you censored the majority of a thread. again. these actions aren't transparent. they're the opposite.

as for numbers... oh, look. the subject is active players. what are your numbers about? steam, diablow sales, twitch views (lolwut?), etc. what a surprise! /s

Last edited:
...i have no idea what you think this means, in terms of the discussion. wow, you found an article that also got it wrong, congrats!

it's already an extablished fact that steam was NOT their first market, contrary to your claim. otherwise, there is a lot of time traveling to be explained. again, not only had standard/hc been around well before then, but 2 challenge leagues and 3 (or more?) racing SEASONS. obviously, people had been playing/buying mtx well before the 1.0 release.

this is false due to the singular use of "thread," since there were many in which i was censored. and yes, involving you/i.

wow. if you believe this, you might truly be insane.

explaining differences between xbox and pc release = "trolling." got it. /s

as were many other posts. the thread in its current form isn't even 2 pages now.

false, because you deleted the posts (including yours) before i even saw them... and worse, because you were the one derailing it. which you even admitted via PM.

this is also the "incident" in which you later brought the posts back (about a week later)... and iirc, added them to a completely different thread, which made no sense to anyone.

hahahahahaahaha. holy crap, someone made a poe post in a poe thread?!

and yet, you did.

false. not only did you delete them, you deleted posts that quoted them to cover it up.

...which you also even admitted via PM.

that's not even the right thread. yet again. you keep confusing the subject matter. this was about the xbox poe thread.

but it's fucking hilarious that you're patting yourself on the back... AGAIN... for "transparency," while literally doing the exact opposite. you deleted about a page worth of posts (in this very thread, ironically), got called out, had evidence posted via the screenshot... and then about a week later, you brought the posts back... but moved them to an irrelevant thread and celebrated your "transparency" of censorship (hint: censorship isn't transparent).

then... also with poe (xbox thread), you censored the majority of a thread. again.

as for numbers... oh, look. the subject is active players. what are your numbers about? steam, diablow sales, twitch views (lolwut?), etc. what a surprise! /s
I see you don't want to debate the topic you instigated.

Concession accepted.

I see you don't want to debate the topic you instigated.

holy shit. nothing is ever your fault, in your eyes. even when you PM'd me and admitted you were the one who derailed shit, you did nothing but accuse me and deny it.

funny that the one time you think you were transparent (haha) was only after evidence of it was posted.

i get it, you want this to be your controlled echo chamber. and it would have been, if you had... ironically just not deleted that last post of mine. don't worry, i'm sure everyone else got the memo and the few who hate censorship (ie: me) won't bother, so in the end, this will still be your echo chamber.

btw, i'm down for debating it. but you'll have to realize it's 2017 and d3's sales just aren't relevant. neither are twitch views. or some wolf app. or forbes.

but if you can't admit you were wrong about steam being poe's first market, you already have no logical legs to stand on.

ffs, you keep referring to steam as if poe is only played via steam, when nearly everyone uses the stand-alone client.

holy shit. nothing is ever your fault, in your eyes. even when you PM'd me and admitted you were the one who derailed shit, you did nothing but accuse me and deny it.

funny that the one time you think you were transparent (haha) was only after evidence of it was posted.

i get it, you want this to be your controlled echo chamber. and it would have been, if you had... ironically just not deleted that last post of mine. don't worry, i'm sure everyone else got the memo and the few who hate censorship (ie: me) won't bother, so in the end, this will still be your echo chamber.

btw, i'm down for debating it. but you'll have to realize it's 2017 and d3's sales just aren't relevant. neither are twitch views. or some wolf app. or forbes.

but if you can't admit you were wrong about steam being poe's first market, you already have no logical legs to stand on.
<LikeReally5>
<Waaah><Waaah><Waaah>

Holy crap, who cares if million or billions of people play one or the other? GTFO you two.

The great battle of our time rages on, the titans of PCCU Madmick and rob mafia duke it out as humanity watches, make no mistake the fate of our universe hangs in the balance.

upload_2017-9-22_0-39-17.png

on the topic of picking up rares, this is a shield i found myself. Granted, it could be better. As an Ele BV inquistor, it's pretty fucking GG. #humblebrag

Back