Overwatch Official Discussion, v3: I'm a Bastion Main, Brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
am in EU, can confirm people instalock hanzo, soldier and genji. thats why i had to main mercy - not complaining though, shes a boist with her pistol. i got a 5 kill streak with her a few days ago lols she said something cute like 'i didnt think i had it in me'
Insta locking Hanzo is what I do second best.

But I'm 100% Pure 'Murican beef and so I just Alpha myself into any situation and do as I please.

I just had a comp game where four of the 6 people on my team were Mercy mains. Once they couldn't play Mercy the other 3 instalocked dps, despite the fact none of them played much dps, and refused to play second support.

<DisgustingHHH>

Last edited:
I just had a comp game where four of the 6 people on my team were Mercy mains. Once they couldn't play Mercy the other 3 instalocked dps, despite the fact none of them played much dps, and refused to play second support.

<DisgustingHHH>
4 mercy mains? Lmao. I have a hard enough time trying to convince someone to play a support character like mercy, hard to imagine that being a problem but in Overwatch something can always turn into a problem. Haha.

4 mercy mains? Lmao. I have a hard enough time trying to convince someone to play a support character like mercy, hard to imagine that being a problem but in Overwatch something can always turn into a problem. Haha.
<36>

when I checked and saw 4 Mercy mains.

<mma4>
when they all instalocked hitscan

<{hughesimpress}>
when I was still getting dicked on by a Pharah despite the 3 hitscan

Seem to have turned a corner, strung together a few 4-5 win streaks separated by single losses or a draw over the last couple days.

Getting the fark out of bronze, finally, it seems.

I know eveeyone complains about their team and doesn't take responsibility for losses, but I swear, I went from 2700 Sr to like.600 over a few months; my team mates were absolute garbage. I'd be lucky to.see even a single healer and tank in the majority of the games. So frustrating when people won't change. I am a strong junk rat but never get to.llay him because I almost always have to tank or heal

Zenyata is an absolute killer if you can. Keep him out of the heat. Getting gold medals for heals and elims is sweet.

Seem to have turned a corner, strung together a few 4-5 win streaks separated by single losses or a draw over the last couple days.

I know eveeyone complains about their team and doesn't take responsibility for losses, but I swear, I went from 2700 Sr to like.600 over a few months; my team mates were absolute garbage. I'd be lucky to.see even a single healer and tank in the majority of the games. So frustrating when people won't change. I am a strong junk rat but never get to.llay him because I almost always have to tank or heal

Zenyata is an absolute killer if you can. Keep him out of the heat. Getting gold medals for heals and elims is sweet.
2700 to 600? U must have thrown just about every game lol

2700 to 600? U must have thrown just about every game lol

It was a steady descent, over months. Frustrating tho. Game is so much fun when it's good but so much not fun when your 5 team mates are genji, hanzo, reaper, sombra and Mei or something, and you just get smashed with pharah rockets all match. Nobody switching, squabbling about how many golds they have despite clearly having no hope of winning the game.

I don't think I'm doing anything differently, other than veing placed on teams with half decent composition lately. Feelsgood

Just saw that Total Mayhem is back. I usually don't play anything but comp, but that mode is just such a blast.

600? <WhoJeff>

Lol I've never seen a hook go this wrong before. I wonder if he just left the game after that.

Lol I've never seen a hook go this wrong before. I wonder if he just left the game after that.

Ouch. I've seen some hero plays by Roadhogs hooking the mech away from their whole team. One Roadhog got PotG for tossing himself into the well on Ilios and hooking a mech down with him that was about to explode.

What was the idea nuking there anyway? To catch them as they ran out of the doorway to the left? Probably too fsr away for that, if anyone was even that dumb. Seemed like a wasted nuke before the hook made it a game winning nuke

Edit: looks like maybe Mei had her ultimate going on the other side

What was the idea nuking there anyway? To catch them as they ran out of the doorway to the left? Probably too fsr away for that, if anyone was even that dumb. Seemed like a wasted nuke before the hook made it a game winning nuke

Edit: looks like maybe Mei had her ultimate going on the other side

It was accidental according to the gif title.

A video from OW pro Emongg about keeping your head straight when things aren't going your way. Hopefully someone will find this helpful. I've been watching some of this guy's streaming lately and he definitely practices what he preaches.

A video from OW pro Emongg about keeping your head straight when things aren't going your way. Hopefully someone will find this helpful. I've been watching some of this guy's streaming lately and he definitely practices what he preaches.

My internet is pretty shitty when my roommates are home so I end up watching Twitch quite a bit and most of the pros that stream are pretty positive, on stream at least. I do wonder how well they handle their 'tilt' in the games that actually matter to them though, the ones with money on the line.

My internet is pretty shitty when my roommates are home so I end up watching Twitch quite a bit and most of the pros that stream are pretty positive, on stream at least. I do wonder how well they handle their 'tilt' in the games that actually matter to them though, the ones with money on the line.
This guy handled it pretty well.
Code:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FunRamshackleFlyRlyTho
Can't figure out how to embed a Twitch clip (it gets turned into a channel link), so had to go with code.

This guy handled it pretty well.
Code:
https://clips.twitch.tv/FunRamshackleFlyRlyTho
Can't figure out how to embed a Twitch clip (it gets turned into a channel link), so had to go with code.
I knew it would be that clip before I even clicked it.

That was the beginning of a downward slide for him. He started telling people that watched his stream, which was quite a few since he's amazing at the game, to start throwing their comp matches. Blizz suspended him for season 5 of competitive(he can still play on his smurfs but he can't really stream it.), he got suspended from his pro team, which probably resulted in them not making it to playoffs for Contenders which carried a $50,000 prize pool.

I knew it would be that clip before I even clicked it.

That was the beginning of a downward slide for him. He started telling people that watched his stream, which was quite a few since he's amazing at the game, to start throwing their comp matches. Blizz suspended him for season 5 of competitive(he can still play on his smurfs but he can't really stream it.), he got suspended from his pro team, which probably resulted in them not making it to playoffs for Contenders which carried a $50,000 prize pool.
Yeah, that was a wacky story. Blizzard made a hell of an example out of him. Hopefully he can get his shit together because his talent level is insane. Hopefully this'll be the kick in the teeth to encourage some introspection.

It was a steady descent, over months. Frustrating tho. Game is so much fun when it's good but so much not fun when your 5 team mates are genji, hanzo, reaper, sombra and Mei or something, and you just get smashed with pharah rockets all match. Nobody switching, squabbling about how many golds they have despite clearly having no hope of winning the game.

I don't think I'm doing anything differently, other than veing placed on teams with half decent composition lately. Feelsgood
If you care find some like minded people to queue up with?

Sorry if I misunderstood.

It's usually not that simple, tho as I'll be the only tank on a team with 3 DPS and 2 defence heroes. We need a healer - at least - in addition to my being a tank, abd it's a bunch of fucking hanzos, genjis and torbjorns bickering about who has the most golds, despite the team clearly losing.

Overwatch is so great when it's good but so frustrating when you just can't get on a decent squad for 5 straight matches
I have no clue what's up with this 3-4 dps meta. It's usually so silly. This type of team comp gets crushed 9/10 times by a more balanced team. As someone who flexes a lot, I am usually left with choosing between being a tank or a healer when we really need both.

The most annoying thing is when you have 4dps on your team and none of them are capable of dealing with phara. A comp like Junkrat, Genji, Hanzo, and Tracer will end up even asking the tank or healer to deal with the phara when one of the should just switch, but of course never do.

The other thing with the dps meta, is they think they have no responsibilities.
healers have to heal, stay alive, rez/sound barrier..tanks have protect, move the pay load, block damage... But there are DPS mains that think they don't even have to do the lion share of the killing
They're constantly getting out killed by their own healers, they always seem have some lame excuse, and they rarely do the job their character is suppose to do

"hey solider/mccree take care of phara?" ...no answer
"hey genji/tracer, take care of that bastion?" .. no answer
"Hey hanzo/widow take care of that torb turret?" no answer.

They won't even do their most basic jobs taking out the characters they are specifically supposed to counter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back