Overrated fighters who are known for the personality than skill

I thought we were talking about things that wasn't written in wikipedia.

Ok then, back on the topic, he doesn't have top10 win in give or take 10 years. He is not an elite MMA fighter.

Dude, you still don't realize the fanboyism comes from the looks and personality, and not the MMA skills.

Mark Hunt IS a skilled fighter. Getting the W isnt the only thing that matters. He had Werdum running scared for most of their fight. He isnt overrated on these forums,because with his toughness,power and striking skills,you cant count him out of any fight. That's not overrating him,thats just the truth. If he beat anyone at HW it wouldnt be a big surprise.

Chael Sonnen, a very one dimensional wrestler with very poor subdefense who only started to get some succes when his back was full with steriods acne (fights vs Okami & Nate Marquardt), after his biggest fight vs Anderson he was busted for elevated TRT levels...

If you take away the thrash talking there is really not much special about him imo.
A very mediocre fighter imo.

Mark Hunt IS a skilled fighter. Getting the W isnt the only thing that matters. He had Werdum running scared for most of their fight. He isnt overrated on these forums,because with his toughness,power and striking skills,you cant count him out of any fight. That's not overrating him,thats just the truth. If he beat anyone at HW it wouldnt be a big surprise.

He is THE MOST overrated fighter on these forums.

Only reason some of his fights against elite fighters(and some mid tier fighters for that matter) was close because he is very tough, durable, and confident with his chin during the exchanges. That changes the whole striking dynamic.

And durability is just one aspect of MMA.... Imagine how would fights against mid tier fighters would look like if he had an average chin?

Even with that he got KOd brutally against pretty much every single elite current HW

I'm not saying his fights against top HWs would not be competitive. What I'm saying is, Skill for skill, he is a pretty average MMA fighter relying on some of his advantages.

He is THE MOST overrated fighter on these forums.

Only reason some of his fights against elite fighters(and some mid tier fighters for that matter) was close because he is very tough, durable, and confident with his chin during the exchanges. That changes the whole striking dynamic.

And durability is just one aspect of MMA.... Imagine how would fights against mid tier fighters would look like if he had an average chin?

Even with that he got KOd brutally against pretty much every single elite current HW

But he doesnt have an a average chin,and so he fights like one would,if you possess a jaw like his. If he didnt,he would have fought differently.

But he doesnt have an a average chin,and so he fights like one would,if you possess a jaw like his. If he didnt,he would have fought differently.

Edited my last post, should be an answer to this. Read it pls :)

Its not head to head fight comparison I'm making, its about all around MMA skills.

Edited my last post, should be an answer to this. Read it pls :)

Its not head to head fight comparison I'm making, its about all around MMA skills.

OK. I still think he has great hands. I just cant consider him overrated with my criteria for what makes a fighter overrated,but i can see the point your trying to make.

Guys like Conor, Ronda, Brock, Tito have a pass for me because they were champs and have great victories, they could have talked their way to the up yes but they all proved they were legit

Mayhem Miller
Genki Sudo (albeit he actually was good)
Kimo

OK. I still think he has great hands. I just cant consider him overrated with my criteria for what makes a fighter overrated,but i can see the point your trying to make.

Fair enough.

Honestly, Mark Hunt.

If he wasn't fat and symphathetic, everyone would mention the fact that he doesn't have a single top10 win in past 10 years, left and right

WTF are u talking about, he derailed Struve and Bigfoot's careers he nearly knocked out JDS and he fought werdum on short notice. He's also plowed Frank MIr, Ben Rothwell, and several other top 10s

lol @ all of the Ronda answers in here. She ran through the division (besides Holm) and dominated the current champion not once, but twice. If Ronda is overrated and lacking in skill, what does that say about the current champion Miesha Tate?

Conor
Ronda
Chael
Brock

Ronda does not belong on that list. The other three have very polarizing personalities, a lot of people dislike them, but a lot also love them BECAUSE of their personality. With Ronda though, her personality seems like a huge turn off for most people, neutral at best.

I'm one of the biggest Conor haters out here, but I can't say he's overrated. He knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds. What is overrated is his ground game. It just doesn't exist.

Ronda does not belong on that list. The other three have very polarizing personalities, a lot of people dislike them, but a lot also love them BECAUSE of their personality. With Ronda though, her personality seems like a huge turn off for most people, neutral at best.
But she is still the face of women's mama despite being one dimensional

Since he never fought yet, the only clever answer I see is

images

Uncle Creepy. He's talented, but overrated, and it's entirely due to his personality. For the record, I like McCall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back