One of the First Women in the Infantry Will Be Discharged From the Marines

Because, as we covered even among physical standards the top quintile of women will be among the lowest fifth of men.... and that's ignoring the motivational differences. That's not a unit you want to send to take an objective.

so we should drop the current lower quintile of men?

do you not think F'ing cyborg or rousey could handle a fight? granted theyre hand to hand fighters, but who here is going to question their toughness and grit?

I say just let her bang. It's our only true purpose on this planet.

so we should drop the current lower quintile of men?

do you not think F'ing cyborg or rousey could handle a fight? granted theyre hand to hand fighters, but who here is going to question their toughness and grit?

You going to make a unit of two? You think they're going to interact in the same way a group of men will? With respect, you're running away with a good idea fairy here my man.

what would you think about having all female units for those who meet qualifications?

of course, segregating them would probably start a political shit storm.
It's precisely because it's a political shitstorm that I don't think this would be a practical solution.

The US luckily has large enough male population that we don't need to put women in combat but that isn't true everywhere.

Kurdish women fighting units have helped to defeat ISIS in recent years.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/middleeast/raqqa-kurdish-female-fighters/index.html

https://www.economist.com/middle-ea...t-history-of-kurdish-women-on-the-front-lines

While I'm sure those women are brave and there has been female partisans equally so, paramilitary activity against other paramilitary groups is apples and oranges compared to organized engagements between professional troops. It's not just a matter of women not being as strong or aggressive, it's the psychological effect on men as well. That more than anything delayed women getting into infantry combat roles at least in the US military. Men will break proper discipline to try to protect women in situations that could lead to disaster.

Although increasingly in the PC soy boy era, it's harder to make that argument. Fortunately the military seems to still draw enough of the actual males left that isn't an issue, but another generation of emo sissies raised by this one and who knows.

Some of the best military units in ancient history were comprised of lovers.
This is true of the Theban Sacred Band. They were instrumental in destroying the Spartan hegemony over the Peloponnesus.

What are some of the others?

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there's probably a rule that prevents husband and wife from being in the same unit, so I don't see that situation as very likely.

Secondly, why don't you just let the armed forces try and see if the situation is workable. Don't you think they thought of all these things before they made their decision about whether to let women into combat rolls?

Don't you think the data they've gotten regarding women in non-combat positions (which they've done for a long time now) has provided them with what they see as a workable framework for integrating the combat units?
This isn't true. The only rule is that the husband and wife can't work for one another directly. One can't be the direct supervisor of the other.

You going to make a unit of two?

bahhhhhhh youre being silly here. you know good and well that they arent the only two lol.

You think they're going to interact in the same way a group of men will?

uhh. sure. i mean, maybe cyborg might cry or something after she gets a dozen or so kills. do you really not know any tough as hell women, or weak ass men?

With respect, you're running away with a good idea fairy here my man.

yea maybe. i just dont see the motivation behind a blanket ban of 1/2 the population. why not just say, "here are the standards. meet them or F off." "we're going to put you in a unit of women." why would that be so difficult? granted, there would be a shitstorm over them not being put in heterogenous units.

It's precisely because it's a political shitstorm that I don't think this would be a practical solution.

It's not a viable solution even given the political will. Red cell, an all male unit, an evenly mixed unit, and a majority women unit to see the difference. It's stark.

yea thats fair.

i just dont like the idea that NONE of the members of half of our population are suited for the military lol.

This is true of the Theban Sacred Band. They were instrumental in destroying the Spartan hegemony over the Peloponnesus.

What are some of the others?

Alexander's companion cavalry were known to get it on. It is highly likely Alexander himself had a intimate relationship with Hephaestion.

The Spartans in training were also known to give a helping hand to their mentors. This kind of thing was very common in Greek society and military. Men were expected to make use of their subordinates like that.

Last edited:
yea thats fair.

i just dont like the idea that NONE of the members of half of our population are suited for the military lol.
It's not that they can't be in the military. I have no issues with female mechanics, pilots, nurses, military police, logisticians, etc. They just shouldn't be in roles involving unsupported engagements with enemy forces, such as infantry.

It's not a viable solution even given the political will. Red cell, an all male unit, an evenly mixed unit, and a majority women unit to see the difference. It's stark.
It's definitely proven that women are smaller and have less physical capability than men, so carrying heavy loads and one another is out. Women have a select few advantages over men, but not nearly enough to outweigh the disadvantages.

yea thats fair.

I'll grant you we can accept the outliers with XX chromosomes and a translocated SRY gene.... we might as well just call them men at that point though.

Women shouldn't be allowed to serve in the military. They're too incompetent. My regiment back in the day had a female medic. When I got shot she stuck a used tampon in the wound and told me to carry on being soldiers. It got infected and I got gang green. That's all the proof you need.

Well all the boys get to “dine out” in the marines, that’s code for anal sex parties to help with their promotions, why shouldn’t this chick get to do the same.

Also, this is what happens when people get elected or given positions based on diversity rather than merit.

While I'm sure those women are brave and there has been female partisans equally so, paramilitary activity against other paramilitary groups is apples and oranges compared to organized engagements between professional troops. It's not just a matter of women not being as strong or aggressive, it's the psychological effect on men as well. That more than anything delayed women getting into infantry combat roles at least in the US military. Men will break proper discipline to try to protect women in situations that could lead to disaster.

Although increasingly in the PC soy boy era, it's harder to make that argument. Fortunately the military seems to still draw enough of the actual males left that isn't an issue, but another generation of emo sissies raised by this one and who knows.

The Soviet Union also had to employ some women in combat after suffering serious losses against the Germans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_women_in_World_War_II

Luckily the US hasn't had to do that route

Well, time to update the rules then.
Understand the problem set. Two single people are in the same unit, one male and one female. It works the same way in corporate America. People have workplace romances. These are somewhat fine when lives aren't at stake and cohesiveness isn't the single most important factor that defines the success of the organization. In the military, our tolerances are simply different, so we apply certain rules to avoid these issues. We don't ignore the reality of people who work together falling in love with one another and marrying.

Back