One of the First Women in the Infantry Will Be Discharged From the Marines

Isnt that how the whole swinger thing started?

Also shame on you for not including pics.

502B836000000578-6168075-image-m-8_1536931451140.jpg
Pointy trigger finger. Would not.

No doubt there are a lot of marines who didn't like this, but I don't think they'd be implementing the change if there wasn't something valuable to be gained from it.

The military is completely voluntary now and of those volunteers, how many are actually trying to join the infantry? I'm assuming the top brass was asking themselves if they had a potentially valuable resource, why weren't they using it.

If there was a draft that could change things I suppose, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.

I am telling you the top brass in the Marines did not want this and were overruled by the politicians.
The Marine Corps has never had a problem filling up the infantry. For two reasons. Most people that join the Marines are think of the military life as the infantry and want want appears (until you show up) to be a glorious job. Second, the infantry does not require a security clearance or a high score on the testing. The Marines has a very hard time filling technical jobs that require both. Most people that have the desire and aptitude for these jobs go to other branches because they are not interested in the Marine lifestyle.

Frankly this hurts the Marines and the girls joining. Many of these girls could have done a job they are cut out for such as a computer programmer and now they are in the infantry where their bodies will inevitably give out. Neither the female Marines or the Marine Corps is served by this new policy. Only the politicians.

I am telling you the top brass in the Marines did not want this and were overruled by the politicians.
The Marine Corps has never had a problem filling up the infantry. For two reasons. Most people that join the Marines are think of the military life as the infantry and want want appears (until you show up) to be a glorious job. Second, the infantry does not require a security clearance or a high score on the testing. The Marines has a very hard time filling technical jobs that require both. Most people that have the desire and aptitude for these jobs go to other branches because they are not interested in the Marine lifestyle.

Frankly this hurts the Marines and the girls joining. Many of these girls could have done a job they are cut out for such as a computer programmer and now they are in the infantry where their bodies will inevitably give out. Neither the female Marines or the Marine Corps is served by this new policy. Only the politicians.

I agree it hurts the marines. A bunch of hypwr macho dude....let throw some woman in there it wont be a problem...okay guys.

"posts like a photo of a Marine pointing to her newly-pinned corporal chevrons and a comment that reads “Great job sucking dick,” or a photo of a woman’s bruised knees and the caption “Promotion Scars” in big white letters"

"on March 4th hundreds of Marines were under investigation for collecting and sharing nude photographs of their female counterparts on the Internet, I wasn’t terribly surprised."

The promotion scars gets me every time LOL

The Theban Sacred band were the dudes that finally took down the Spartans in a pitched battle. Their organization? A unit of gay guys, under the premise that if you love who you're literally fighting shoulder to shoulder with in a phalanx, there wouldn't be snowflakes chance in hell you'd drop you're shield to tuck tail.

By that logic, women should likewise present no problems.

so I see she's been to Mountain Warfare Training Center

that place sucks....rhino balls

No, because that does not follow.

If one is wary about women in the armed forces because of intimate relationships, one should also be wary of dudes being intimate with other dudes, no?

If one is wary about women in the armed forces because of intimate relationships, one should also be wary of dudes being intimate with other dudes, no?

The only common variable there is the relationship. There are more reasons than that potentiality that women should not be in combat units.

The only common variable there is the relationship. There are more reasons than that potentiality that women should not be in combat units.

Sure, I understand the physical barrier, but the OP seemed to be making this about relationships, hence my question about gay dudes.

There's more than one type of unit in the military, right? Not everyone qualifies to be a Navy Seal or Army Ranger or w/e. Just put them in the unit that they qualify for.

Least surprising shit ever. It’s extremely obvious that women should not be serving in combat units like the infantry for many reasons, but hey, what do I know? I’ve only served in and commanded combat units for the last decade.
Adapt and overcome! Your part of the problem and just can’t seem to grasp the times are changing. /Sarcasm

There's more than one type of unit in the military, right? Not everyone qualifies to be a Navy Seal or Army Ranger or w/e. Just put them in the unit that they qualify for.
That is how it always was, until like last year when the Marines and Army were pushed by politicians to allow Women into Combat Arms

they did experiments ( a large one, here on my base in fact), where the women failed miserably, then went ahead w/ trying to phase it in anyway. Good times?

Sure, I understand the physical barrier, but the OP seemed to be making this about relationships, hence my question about gay dudes.

There's a different dynamic there between two men and a man and woman, wouldn't you say?

Which will not include combat units, the topic here. Support units are fine.

Which will not include combat units, the topic here. Support units are fine.
Women have been in support units forever. It's like people are starting to understand that things were pretty well-structured the way that they were before this new fuck-up was introduced by Washington...

Its outlawed because of the difference in rank. They don't want to create an atmosphere were someone feels he/she is being ordered to have sex.

#HeToo

Rape is about a power imbalance. She Harvey'd this guy and should be prosecuted.

There's a different dynamic there between two men and a man and woman, wouldn't you say?

I see where you're coming from, I personally think it's apples and oranges, but that's certainly not the perspective that pc culture will tolerate; All relationships are the same, men with men or men with women, it shouldn't matter to them.

Back