One of the First Women in the Infantry Will Be Discharged From the Marines

I have no doubt that there is a woman out there that would make a good Navy SEAL. Should we comb through the college athletics programs to find her (and that really has been suggested) so she can make the SEALs more diverse? Should we cater to the extremely rare woman that can be a goo infantry woman rather than barely pass the standards so she can live her best life? Or should we acknowledge that the military is there to defend the nation rather than a social experiment bent the proclivities of the political elite?

yea i feel you on that.

i just dont like restricting INDIVIDUALS based on marginally true averages of their sex/gender. it feels wrong to tell a woman like rousey that, "women arent good at this sort of thing so we arent going to take you." but in the op and in other ways, maybe its more trouble than its worth to take them.

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there's probably a rule that prevents husband and wife from being in the same unit, so I don't see that situation as very likely

I dont know if someone called you out on this yet but you do realize this is the exact situation we are talking about? She married her subordinate after getting discharged for fucking him. You are sooo clueless.

Women shouldn't be allowed in line units simply because of the possibility of becoming a POW...and you're one of the guys captured with her knowing that she'll be raped to death.

women have served our nation brilliantly in a multitude of MOS's a female fixing a helicopter is just as an important as the guy on the ground calling for close air support

her doing her job allows him to survive an ambush...

the Liberal mindset and the Left in general is a mental defect.

same rules apply at most jobs in real life. Managers cant be sleeping with their employees. The only way I can see it as acceptable is if the 2 people are in completely different units in different places.

yea i feel you on that.

i just dont like restricting INDIVIDUALS based on marginally true averages of their sex/gender. it feels wrong to tell a woman like rousey that, "women arent good at this sort of thing so we arent going to take you." but in the op and in other ways, maybe its more trouble than its worth to take them.

I am not bagging on your analogy but I beat up one of my buddies who is much smaller than me but well known in jiu jitsu if I were to say his name you would know it. And he easily taps Rousey when he trains with her. And I am just a lawyer in his mid 30s. I happen to be to big to roll with her hard but my friend is about her weight. Rousey is a good example of the differences between men and women. She gets tapped by male purple belts.

Back