Once again I am sucked into the hype on a GSP fight.

Hendricks is only a +175 underdog right now, it's really not that bad.

He could get dominated bell to bell but his chances of getting to GSP early in the fight are pretty distinct. I'll agree that a back and forth war in this matchup seems unlikely, but even that is still possible.

There is no fighter in the world who isn't eventually going to lose if they fight enough times. That's part of the intrigue. You'll only know if Hendricks is the guy if you watch. No one thought Serra was the guy in 2007 but he was. So it could be anybody.

Is it? Like you really can't get it?

considering how many people have called you a troll or some other bad thing, maybe you should consider the fact that You are the one who "doesn't get it"

what are the odds that you're the one smart guy in here vs the odds that you're the one in the wrong?

I expect 50-45 GSP for all of his fights and am never disappointed. Don't expect any more or any less and you won't get caught up in the hype and inevitably disappointed.

Hey, I checked your post history. I see you have it pretty bad for GSP. Lol. Enjoy the fight.

I will, I always do. I didn't check your post history because I don't give shit who you like in this sport. Probably a fan of Jake Sheilds or Josh Koscheck.

considering how many people have called you a troll or some other bad thing, maybe you should consider the fact that You are the one who "doesn't get it"

what are the odds that you're the one smart guy in here vs the odds that you're the one in the wrong?

Like you honestly can't get that I enjoy watching a fight but don't think it was exciting? That's trolling now? Or that I would want a little back and forth in a fight? Also cut the real fan shit. I never said I was a GSP fan, and people who say "real fan" seem funny and self-serving.

Stop looking for a specific outcome and be excited about the best MMA fighter in the world displaying unmatched skills and making the best in the world look like amateurs.

You know the truth of the matter is that people come in with a shit game plan, but also they are fucking start struck, dazed and confused by standing across from GSP. That's the way it is with Anderson Silva as well. And Jon Jones. But you know what solves that riddle? A guy who doesn't give a flying fuck who they are, and says you know what, it is you who should be star struck motherfucker. And they go in and whip that guy's fucking ass.

Until then, there will be Silva's(yea, I know he just got KTFO) and Jones'(yea, I know he just got his ass beat) and Pierre's(yea... oh hey wait, a pattern)...

Stop looking for a specific outcome and be excited about the best MMA fighter in the world displaying unmatched skills and making the best in the world look like amateurs.

Not looking for a specific outcome. Didn't say I wanted GSP finished or GSP to finish. Would be happy with either (or just a fight that's in doubt in some way), although I would love to swim in a pool of tears on Saturday night.

i just hope its not the exact same thing over and over for 5 rounds. it doesnt matter who wins, it doesnt matter if its standing or on the ground, it doesnt matter if it goes to a decision

as long as its not

rd.1-jab, jab, jab, jab
rd.2-jab, jab, jab, jab
etc.

or

rd.1-superman punch, double leg, stifle for 3:30
rd.2.-kick, jab, double leg, stifle for 3:30

thats the only reason i get bored watching most of GSP's fights. to me, excitement often comes from the idea that at any moment "something" happens or could potentially happen. however most of the time when GSP fights, you could replay the same round 5x and it wouldnt be much different than the fight

i can respect that he is a great fighter and i can appreciate his technique, i just cant get as excited, when once ive seen round 1, ive seen everything im going to see

Last edited:

No, I get it fine. Your first posts were unclear. I get what you mean, but think that the distinction you made is quibbling, and that your tone is deliberately inflammatory. "Knock you right off your high horse," "riding his jock, "dreamboat," "doesn't register," "don't think it's hard to grasp," and (brilliantly infuriating) "not sure why you posted if you just want to argue." And we're only fifty or so posts in. You're a troll, troll.

Hendricks is probably the one GSP fight that has made me excited and i trigued in a long time. Most of the times it's pretty clear how GSP is gonna dominate.

How were you not interested in GSP/Condit. Especially since it turned out to be FOTY. And did I mention it was GSP and Condit, in the same fight?

No, I get it fine. Your first posts were unclear. I get what you mean, but think that the distinction you made is quibbling, and that your tone is deliberately inflammatory. "Knock you right off your high horse," "riding his jock, "dreamboat," "doesn't register," "don't think it's hard to grasp," and (brilliantly infuriating) "not sure why you posted if you just want to argue." And we're only fifty or so posts in. You're a troll, troll.

Cool. If you've sniffed me out and made it public I guess you don't need to stick around.

I think GSP has a real good shot at knocking Hendricks out early or getting a late TKO.

this is one of the recent GSP fights i've been more disinterested in.

Here, let me spell this out for you (I guess). A specific outcome would be like GSP gets knocked out. I mean I guess a finish is a specific outcome in a way, but wouldn't you agree that asking for a specific person to be finished in a specific way would be a specific outcome?

The UFC really does do a great job at promoting fights. They've made me feel so stupid after fights where the challenger supposedly posed a huge threat to the champ. But for Georges' fights, I didn't buy the hype on the Diaz fight and am not buying it on the Hendricks fight either. GSP by decision or maybe even sub.

Having read more of the post now, I definitely do not get it. You claim you enjoy technical brilliance, yet do not like watching the greatest display of it. That is like saying you love fireworks, but hate the 4th of July display.

Having read more of the post now, I definitely do not get it. You claim you enjoy technical brilliance, yet do not like watching the greatest display of it. That is like saying you love fireworks, but hate the 4th of July display.

I said I appreciate it. As in, I respect it, I recognize what it means. I never said I found it exciting. GSP fans are honestly the worst. I didn't even trash the man in the opening post but just saying I wasn't excited was enough to set off the alarm.

This guy (OP) is going to claim he appreciates GSP's technique but then he uses the old "blanket" bullshit?

No one who has EVER said GSP "blankets" appreciates his technique. Not even close.

He's never blanketed. You jermei, are dead on, this guy is just trying to sound like he gets it so that he can spout his bullshit
GSP exhibits excellent control from top position. He shows very technical passing (to half guard top most often) and then generally does enough to maintain position and avoid stand ups. GSP's technique is phenomenal and his ability to dictate the pace and location of a fight is, without a doubt, beyond anyone else in MMA. However, call it blanketing or positional dominance, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm sure you'll dismiss my post as being from some fair weather fan or someone who doesn't know what they're watching. You'd be wrong but apparently it is impossible in your opinion for knowledgeable people to not care for GSP's approach to "fighting".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back