Once again I am sucked into the hype on a GSP fight.

GSP is not a finisher, GSP is the kind of fighter who will slowly and methodically dismantle his opponent and beat him to his own game to the point that he will mentally give up. (See BJ Penn II, a great example)

The sooner you'll accept this fact, the sooner you will be able to appreciate GSP fights for what they are.

I honestly don't get how people don't get excited for every GSP fight. I don't find any of them boring because I appreciate and enjoy greatness, kind of similar to a Mayweather fight, you almost know he is going to win a decision but its a lot of fun to watch how dominate they are

Dominance means different things to me and you if you think Mayweather's style "dominates."

GSP is not a finisher, GSP is the kind of fighter who will slowly and methodically dismantle his opponent and beat him to his own game to the point that he will mentally give up. (See BJ Penn II, a great example)

The sooner you'll accept this fact, the sooner you will be able to appreciate GSP fights for what they are.

Cain makes it look waaaaaaay better though.

I said I appreciate it. As in, I respect it, I recognize what it means. I never said I found it exciting. GSP fans are honestly the worst. I didn't even trash the man in the opening post but just saying I wasn't excited was enough to set off the alarm.

Calling the guy a blanket is trashing... you don't need to have GSP as a favourite but calling him a blanket is enough for most people here to know what kind of sherdogger you are

Not looking for a specific outcome. Didn't say I wanted GSP finished or GSP to finish. Would be happy with either (or just a fight that's in doubt in some way), although I would love to swim in a pool of tears on Saturday night.

So you want GSP to lose, yet try to act as if you are a semi fan in the beginning of the thread. So just a troll. Got it. And there will be a pool of tears, from GSP haters like yourself and the reincarnation of GracieBJJAllDay.

Some people watch fights for the a finish the fight isn 't enough for them! It's like Nas car fans only watching for the crash. I happen to like watching GSP fight i mean did you not watch the Condit fight? If he finish's bonus if not cool I get to watch what is prob the greatest mma fighter we have yet seen.

I said I appreciate it. As in, I respect it, I recognize what it means. I never said I found it exciting. GSP fans are honestly the worst. I didn't even trash the man in the opening post but just saying I wasn't excited was enough to set off the alarm.

i wouldn't call that appreciating it. That's more like "understanding it" (but even it's questionable whether you really understand it if you're one of those that actually think he blankets and doesn't try to finish)

and of course saying GSP is not exciting "sets of the alarms" because that's one of the first and most subtle things GSP haters say.

and you are clearly a GSP hater who wants to "swim in the tears" or however you worded it.

You say you don't care either way but it's pretty clear you really want GSP to lose

Here, let me spell this out for you (I guess). A specific outcome would be like GSP gets knocked out. I mean I guess a finish is a specific outcome in a way, but wouldn't you agree that asking for a specific person to be finished in a specific way would be a specific outcome?

No, I would not agree that is the only way to interpret "specific outcome". I think it was pretty clear the point I was making was don't watch expecting a finish, watch expecting to watch a master at work. You're a troll though, so who knows if you got my point or not, very likely you did and just wanted to troll.

No, you pretended to be a fan of sorts in the first post. It was the subsequent posts where your true intentions were revealed, and that is exactly what my post said.

No, you pretended to be a fan of sorts in the first post. It was the subsequent posts where your true intentions were revealed, and that is exactly what my post said.

Hey bud. Didn't see you had GSP in your sig till now. Sorry I engaged.

I liked your old Carona av better!

My new corona one was bigger than 24.7kb, so according to the new system you guys won't be able to see it. You would only see that advertisement one that some of the other plats have right now.

Cool. If you've sniffed me out and made it public I guess you don't need to stick around.

Heh, you're good.

Sorry, no. I'm kind of curious how long folks will continue to answer seriously, given the high number of troll accusations that you seem to be unable to defend with any skill.

GSP exhibits excellent control from top position. He shows very technical passing (to half guard top most often) and then generally does enough to maintain position and avoid stand ups. GSP's technique is phenomenal and his ability to dictate the pace and location of a fight is, without a doubt, beyond anyone else in MMA. However, call it blanketing or positional dominance, it amounts to the same thing.

I'm sure you'll dismiss my post as being from some fair weather fan or someone who doesn't know what they're watching. You'd be wrong but apparently it is impossible in your opinion for knowledgeable people to not care for GSP's approach to "fighting".

Except GSP does not blanket, positional dominance with ground and pound is not blanketing. GSP doesn't put himself in bad positions, he will not try to do some low reward high risk move, everything he does is low risk. It's up to his opponents to put him in a bad position. It's like expecting a chess player to put himself in check for the fans. Sorry, the goal is to win, not create opportunities for your opponent to win.

My new corona one was bigger than 24.7kb, so according to the new system you guys won't be able to see it. You would only see that advertisement one that some of the other plats have right now.

Bullshite new system!

GSP is the most well rounded fighter, you can't miss a fight of him while he's active.

Back