Once again I am sucked into the hype on a GSP fight.

The Editing

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Every time he fights I declare that I am not going to get excited about his next fight. A few months pass and I find myself in the same place as always, trying not to blink when he fights. So once again here I am, thinking this could be the guy to finish GSP (or the guy that GSP could finish). Someone tell me that it's not hopeless please.

Edit: Fair warning, even though this post isn't really criticizing GSP in any way it wound up some of his fans. If you don't want to hear the usual GSP bullshit (you don't understand, you aren't a real fan, etc etc etc) skip any post that's longer than a sentence or two.

Last edited:
I can't help you because I'm not looking for the same thing you're looking for.

I get excited for GSP fights because he's my favorite fighter and because I love watching his dominant performances (including his decisions)

I leave every GSP fight happy as long as he wins, and especially if he dominates.

People like you who only care if he finishes or not, I just don't get that.

You might want to marvel in the technical display on hand when Georges fights. He does everything incredibly well. It's like art.

That said, Hendricks KO'ing people and beating Condit make him legit. It's a fight worth watching.

I get excited for GSP fights because he's my favorite fighter and because I love watching his dominant performances (including his decisions)

I leave every GSP fight happy as long as he wins, and especially if he dominates.

I hate to knock you right off your high horse, but I appreciate the technical brilliance and brute strength that GSP shows when he dominates every opponent (except when Shields is outstriking him). Some of us like to see some form of excitement in our fights, and it's hard to get excited about a blanket covering.

feel this way too ...

Hendricks is a threat. He could KO GSP, or he could get 50-45'd like everyone else. That's just the way it is.

I didn't appreciate GSP until he was out for a while. That - and his cards are always stacked with a few must see contender fights.

some people get excited about georges fights because of the prospect of him getting KO'ed Serra style. maybe that's something for you to look forward to in GSP fights. i like watching him. it's so rare to see him in any trouble whatsoever that i think people take for granted that we might not see dominance like his in a long time. no matter how you feel about finishes, it's hard to deny he's one of the best ever and you get to watch him work. i honestly think, for the sake of increasing his legacy, he needs to string together some finishes before he retires and based on some of the talk coming from him lately, that may not be too far off from now.

feel this way too ...

So basically this topic is just going to turn into everyone riding his jock the whole time right? I mean guys, you realize I am not blaming your dreamboat? I feel equally let down by his opponents and their poor choice of gameplan or lack of ability to stop him. I guess that doesn't register with you guys?

I hate to knock you right off your high horse, but I appreciate the technical brilliance and brute strength that GSP shows when he dominates every opponent (except when Shields is outstriking him). Some of us like to see some form of excitement in our fights, and it's hard to get excited about a blanket covering.

You don't watch GSP fights and know nothing of MMA. If you appreciated his technical brilliance than you would be a fan and enjoy his fights. Quit trying to tell a GSP fan what he wants to hear so you sound reasonable only to call his style a blanket covering. Go watch Chuck Liddell highlights on youtube.

well said!

If Hendricks lands that punch, we are going to have a new champ.

But we all know GSP is gonna jab fest and blanket fest.

Fingers crossed that we don't see yet another boring 50-45.

Hendricks is probably the one GSP fight that has made me excited and intrigued in a long time. Most of the times it's pretty clear how GSP is gonna dominate.

Last edited:

Wait I'm confused. Do you like GSP fights or not?

You don't watch GSP fights and know nothing of MMA. If you appreciated his technical brilliance than you would be a fan and enjoy his fights. Quit trying to tell a GSP fan what he wants to hear so you sound reasonable only to call his style a blanket covering. Go watch Chuck Liddell highlights on youtube.

OK. Thanks for coming.

I'm pumped for the first round of the fight. If it goes past that it'll be clear where its headed.

I think it's easy to enjoy GSP's technical display and his historical greatness even if his fights seem non-competitive.

Wait I'm confused. Do you like GSP fights or not?

I like watching basically all fights. There is a difference between liking something and being excited right? I don't think its hard to grasp. I'll enjoy the UFC as I always do, but I just have a feeling that this is gonna be a great fight. I always have that feeling. It never is.

Back