Old Vernon White story

Also, just verifies for the 1000th time that a journeyman (and at the time inexperienced) fighter will fuck up the average group of dudes

It's not that people think they could beat up actual fighters, it's fighters 135 and under :D

dont believe any athletic or crazy guy could rock a pro fighter with training on the street, does not happen like this. Like a street racer cannot beat a pro racer, also see Kimbo slice's MMA fights for reference

You know Kimbo has beaten people in MMA right?

You realize Danny Lafever a man who had never fought in MMA before knocked UFC and 16 fight veteran Benji Radach out in 55 seconds right?

Pro fighters definitely have a huge advantage, but it's not set in stone that a pro fighter will destroy every living person on this earth in a hand to hand fight.

Great story. Hey, is it true that Tiger loved him some big girls? I remember seeing an interview with Frank and he was saying all the Lion's Den guys would break Vernon's balls cause he was always banging fatties.

Haha, awesome story. Tiger had a full career for sure, as well as a good scrap with Liddell. Always cool to hear stories about vets

Ill always remember Tiger for the fight with Chuck. When he got his and his orbital broke. He looked like he just got shot in a movie the way he fell.

No. Back then obviously we didn't have cell phones & I never carried a camera with me.
I also went to an MC Hammer concert with him in 1990. ( funny shit I know, but Hammer was cool back then :) ) we both went to Calaveras High School & he was a couple of years older than me. He used to always be seen in the area running as he was training to get into Pancrase.
So I knew both Vernon & Jake Shields growing up. Jake was about 4 years younger than me.

Was? So Jake caught up with you in age or you got older faster?

Vernon White > Tatsuya Iwasaki.

Great story. Hey, is it true that Tiger loved him some big girls? I remember seeing an interview with Frank and he was saying all the Lion's Den guys would break Vernon's balls cause he was always banging fatties.

Maybe. But from what I remember he got all kinds of girls. Probably some bigger girls but I remember some decent looking girls as well. I think I saw a pic of his wife somewhere & I don't think she was big.

Spencer Fisher's wife loaned me five dollars one time...

Spencer Fisher's wife loaned me five dollars one time...

Ahhh finally someone decides to be an ass & make fun of my story. Yeah it's possible for people to actually know a fighter. Or 2 fighters in my case. The little area that I live in has produced White, Shields & Tj Dillashaw. I don't actually know Tj though.
Thanks to everyone else for the cool comments & appreciation of my getting my ass kicked story. And hopefully you paid Spencer's wife back after you bought your Playgirl mag or whatever you needed the $5 for :)

Cool story, bro

No, seriously, that's a really cool story

edit: Christ, quick look at his record, the man fought (in MMA)

Bas Rutten, Frank Shamrock, Pedro Rizzo, Mario Sperry, Vladimir Matyushenko (2x), Kazushi Sakuraba, David Terrell, Marvin Eastman (2x), Jeremy Horn, Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida

and fought Remy Fucking Bonjasky in K1, when Bonjasky was a killing machine

I forget how incredible his career was

It's weird to see a post from you that isn't in the SB. Idk why

Ahhh finally someone decides to be an ass & make fun of my story. Yeah it's possible for people to actually know a fighter. Or 2 fighters in my case. The little area that I live in has produced White, Shields & Tj Dillashaw. I don't actually know Tj though.
Thanks to everyone else for the cool comments & appreciation of my getting my ass kicked story. And hopefully you paid Spencer's wife back after you bought your Playgirl mag or whatever you needed the $5 for :)

Dead serious. I cornered my buddy at some fights in Topeka, Kansas like 7 years ago. Spencer Fisher was the guest Referee and my buddy was the main event. My buddy had trained a few times at Militech in the Quad Cities and was aquainted with Spencer and his wife. Since he was the main event, we spent like 6 hours in a limo with the promoter and Spencer and his wife going to the weigh ins and to some bars and places that the promoter wanted to go to, apparently to market the fights. I naturally got hammered at one of the bars, and decided to by a round for myself, Spencer and the other guy that was working the corner the next night with me. I went to pay for it and realized I was 5 bucks short. She didn't say anything, just whipped out 5 bucks and gave it to the bartender. Yep, I was that guy. Anyway, wasn't trying to make fun of your story, just wanted to share my own and didn't much read through the thread before I posted, thought other people would have told stories too.

Back