Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I’m not familiar with the procedure but can a fighter outright say, “I’m injured and therefore cannot fight”? I’d assume the UFC have doctors that would examine injuries before making a final decision?

Aren't there some injuries, especially relating to pain, that doctors can't really contradict?

Aren't there some injuries, especially relating to pain, that doctors can't really contradict?

Well, if a doctor is determined enough, he can say "I cannot find anything." Never looks good. Guys in the field (service) used to try and pull the "back injury/strain" to get out of long humps. Until we started flying them back for MRI's and shit.

There are some, but, well, it looks fishy. I confess to having nothing resembling a clue as to what follow-up - if any - the UFC does in cases like this.

I can say if Jamie Moyle pulled out do to marijuana in
her system my respect for her will go way down like it
did with her teammate Cynthia Calvillo who got busted
for the same thing.

This is complete speculation ,conspiracy theory and probably not true but I happen to enjoy speculating on things so here goes. I have a feeling the real reason Jamie Moyle got "injured" so close to fight week is because Cynthia got notified of her in comp test fail. Jamie stated in the past she smoked weed and her and Cynthia now being best friends/training partners I would assume they smoke with each other. She got "injured" so close to fight day is a little suspect because fighters usually take it easy and is mostly about recovering. She can't fail the in comp test for weed if you never fight. She probably took the better to be safe than sorry route with how close to the fight she probably smoked weed with Cynthia.
<LikeReally5>

<{nope}>

Who do y’all think wins Joanna vs rose 2?

To be honest, I’ve been wary of Joanna’s chin even since her second fight with Claudia. You shouldn’t be getting dropped/wobbled that often from a 115 pound woman. If she had a better chin I don’t think anyone in the division would of ever beaten her. With that said, I think Rose rocks her again then submits her or just tkos her.

To be honest, I’ve been wary of Joanna’s chin even since her second fight with Claudia. You shouldn’t be getting dropped/wobbled that often from a 115 pound woman. If she had a better chin I don’t think anyone in the division would of ever beaten her. With that said, I think Rose rocks her again then submits her or just tkos her.

Yep, since the second Gadelha fight ..... cumulative damage finally catching up with her or maybe there was another common factor in her last four fights? Guess we'll find out. I'm hoping it's the latter and taking JJ in this one.

Last edited:
What I find funny is if Rose comes up short against Joanna
then she can put the shoe on the other foot and use her
championship rematch clause and we'll be at it again for the
third time.

I don’t think Rose has a championship rematch clause. This isn’t the wwe. Lol

Interested in seeing what adjustments Joanna will make and whether she'll land anything on Rose this time around. If she makes the right adjustments JJ could take it the distance and win. Still, I favor Rose based on her outstanding footwork / distance control in their last fight.

But you got to think if they are 1-1 and the fight isn't boring Rose gets the trilogy if she loses.

That being said, things are a bit more interesting if Rose stays champ. Problem with dominate champs are fans tend to lose interest after a while, especially in contender fights.

Sarah Howell def. Ashley Dean by KO 4:34 round 3 at Front Street Fights.

But you got to think if they are 1-1 and the fight isn't boring Rose gets the trilogy if she loses.

That being said, things are a bit more interesting if Rose stays champ. Problem with dominate champs are fans tend to lose interest after a while, especially in contender fights.

I don't think we are going to have that problem with Rose. That she would be dominant champ.

Sure she is the champion at the moment, I just don't consider her so overwhelming that she can win any woman ranked in top 8, excluding JJ which I still wonder how she managed to do that.

I just wish JJ has evolved her skillset enough to put up a decent fight this time. There is potential for a really good fight in there if JJ will be able to actually do something, but I am also more or less leaning on we see the same thing that happened last time, give or take a few minutes.

Not happy "sportswise" at all that they decided to go forward with this. Rematches for champs that lost via a clean finishtap are more than silly. Oh well, as said, hopefully it will be a war.

Still, I favor Rose based on her outstanding footwork / distance control in their last fight.

Absolutely. Training with Valentina/JJ (Aldrich) has obviously been wonderful for both Rose and JJ (not the polak) - Rose showed that against JJ (the polak) and JJ (okay, this is getting confusing) just did not give Taylor any chance whatsoever via the distance control. Know where you are, where the opponent is and from which range to land, that is a great weapon in one's arsenal.

What I find funny is if Rose comes up short against Joanna
then she can put the shoe on the other foot and use her
championship rematch clause and we'll be at it again for the
third time.

Rematch clauses are for the WWE. No one gets a guaranteed rematch for their next fight but if the UFC/WME wants the person to fight for the belt, they will fight for the belt.

That being said, I absolutely agree with you that it would happen again. And the UFC has little incentive not to make the rubber match should Joanna win. At that point, you'd have an established feud that would garner interest. Additionally, if Andrade beats Tecia (and I'm rooting for Tecia but let's face it, that is stylistically a very problematic fight), then it makes total sense to have Rose vs. JJ III should Joanna reclaim the belt.

Tecia would be out of contention. Cynthia is out because she lost to Esparza. Esparza lost in vicious fashion to JJ (and probably has a little more work to do before getting in there in a rematch), and Andrade lost in lopsided fashion to Joanna.

So that basically leaves Herrig who has her hands full with KK.

But yeah you would be in a situation where the rubber match would be the most logical fight.

Now, if ROse wins again, Tecia/Andrade is the obvious next contender. If KK beats Herrig, she is on the docket too should Rose continue to hold the belt purely because she is high level and the last to beat the champ.

Last edited:
I don't think we are going to have that problem with Rose. That she would be dominant champ.

Sure she is the champion at the moment, I just don't consider her so overwhelming that she can win any woman ranked in top 8, excluding JJ which I still wonder how she managed to do that.

Her beating JJ interestingly opens the pathways of the division because there are fighters who Joanna has and presumably still would beat handily that Rose would likely struggle with or has actually lost to.

Look at someone like Tecia. Awesome fighter that I root for almost every time out. But if you were to match her up with Rose again, there's a high probability it would be a competitive, close fight. It was the first time they fought, when both were green. It was again the second time they fought when both had grown substantially. As much as I like Tecia, I don't think she'd have a closely contested fight with Joanna. I think that would be a lopsided bout.

Aside from some moments of success here and there, Karolina was beaten decisively by Joanna but she gave Rose some big trouble in the clinch and beat her in their fight less than two years ago.

Andrade struggled mightily to do anything against Joanna but I think she would give Rose many issues.

I think Rose has the tools and the tenacity to potentially beat anyone in the division, but I think there are also quite a few top people in the division that could potentially beat her and I didn't get that vibe when Joanna was champ.

I'm pretty sure that Joanna will move to 125 after this fight, that was the plan before the Rose derailment. Wouldn't be surprised if we see her against Val on the Moscow show.

I'm pretty sure that Joanna will move to 125 after this fight, that was the plan before the Rose derailment. Wouldn't be surprised if we see her against Val on the Moscow show.

And we all know how that will turn out.

Back