Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Leah Letson announced she'll be making her return again soon after a year away on deployment in the Air Force. Perhaps she'll be returning to Invictas 135 or 145 divisions. She looked awesome in her last fight against Elizabeth Phillips. She should be a contender for Invicta in either of those divsions at this point.

26731583_1797659156925622_4025484013171948495_n.jpg

After a year away from the cage, I'm excited to say that fight news is coming your way soon! I want to thank all of my friends, family and fans for your continued support throughout my deployment. It really meant a lot to be able to step away from the sport for a bit to serve my country and still have so many people continue to stand by me during that long break.

Have either fought for Invicta before? Hard to imagine two debutants fighting for the title, especially a pro debutant, even with Invicta's hard up roster.

Yep. They have fought for Invicta before.

Virna "Carcará" Jandiroba vs. Janaisa "Evil Princess" Morandin

-- <- Is a break between topics. Getting laundry done so I was quick to fire off a comment rather then put their names in but I figured that was obvious. (If you are filtering other people's posts then you can see where comments referring to posts you don't see can be a problem but it is an understandable one. I don't know if that is the case or not.)

--
Note: Tons of other fights, both pro and ammy and not even MMA, on the previous page for those interested.

1-18 Rayanne Amanda vs. Nayse Nascimento at Sombra FC 6, Para, Brazil. (115)

1-20 New Corpore Extreme 22, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Nubia Santos do Nascimento vs. Priscila Neves Biancardi (126)
Ana Costa Monteiro vs. Barbara Alencar (146)
Nathielly Santos vs. Valesca Machado da Silva (110)

2-16 LFA 33, Dalles, Texas.
Maycee Barber vs. Katherine Roy
Hailey Breanne Cowan vs. TBD (125) Ammy? (Info off her Facebook)

3-12 Hyo Kyung Song vs. Mairya Suzuki at Angel's Fighting 6, South Korea.

3-17 Kaycee Pearce vs. TBD at MTF I, Logan, Utah. (115 likely, Ammy likely)

3-17 Pyramid Fights 6, Batesville, Arkansas.
Melody McGill vs. Cora Wilson (135?) Ammy
Daniella Thomason vs. Jessica Owen (125?) Ammy

3-24 Danni Hartley vs. Karla Alvarez at SCL 66, Loveland, Colorado. (125) Ammy

3-24 Big John's MMA: Northern Comeback, Sault Ste Marie, Michigan.
Katie Dihle vs. Maggie Poulin (135) Ammy
Kayla McRorie vs. Alyssa Lawrence (125) Ammy
Kasey Spencer vs. Tara Moore (?) Ammy

Big Johns MMA
January 12 at 2:20pm ·

Looking to match a 135 3-3 Female fighter for this event (UMMAF). Only 1 fight in the bracket so a very good chance of advancing. No one from Michigan has ever made the National Team. I would like to change that, Message me asap if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity and change that too.

Big John's MMA will also sponsor $100.00 towards the expenses of the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/bigjohnsmma1/

Last edited:
The only footage of Stamp I could find at first was on her own facebook page (she has a handful of fights there), and these few clips from youtube.

Then I came across this article on Sylvie Ittu's site about a child fighter featured in Buffalo Girls, a movie about child Thai fighters...

http://8limbs.us/muay-thai-thailand...m-the-film-buffalo-girls-fighting-fight-video

Yep it's the same person, Stam Sor Con Lek is her IMDB for the movie, Stamp Nadathawon is her facebook, Stamp Fairtex, Nong Stamp, Nongstam Kityboonkoen, Stam Gianboongen, probably some more names.

Seems like she's been fighting at about 110lbs. One of the more athletic Thai ladies I've seen fighting too (somebody needs to bring Lommanee to an mma gym, but I'll post my Thai boxer to mma wishlist another day). So, another potentially neat atomweight?

-------------------------------------------

Speaking of Syvlie Ittu & muay thai, there's a pretty great mini documentary about her that was just put up on youtube. She fought 34 times in 2017! A maniac, and very helpful regarding the 48kg scene in Thailand.

What a cool short doc on Sylvie Ittu & muay thai as a way of life.

Jandiroba vs. Morandin

That should be an exciting fight!! Can't wait!

Does anyone here have the fight between Souza and Morandin. I didn't find it.

The only footage of Stamp I could find at first was on her own facebook page (she has a handful of fights there), and these few clips from youtube.

Then I came across this article on Sylvie Ittu's site about a child fighter featured in Buffalo Girls, a movie about child Thai fighters...

http://8limbs.us/muay-thai-thailand...m-the-film-buffalo-girls-fighting-fight-video

Yep it's the same person, Stam Sor Con Lek is her IMDB for the movie, Stamp Nadathawon is her facebook, Stamp Fairtex, Nong Stamp, Nongstam Kityboonkoen, Stam Gianboongen, probably some more names.

Seems like she's been fighting at about 110lbs. One of the more athletic Thai ladies I've seen fighting too (somebody needs to bring Lommanee to an mma gym, but I'll post my Thai boxer to mma wishlist another day). So, another potentially neat atomweight?

-------------------------------------------

Speaking of Syvlie Ittu & muay thai, there's a pretty great mini documentary about her that was just put up on youtube. She fought 34 times in 2017! A maniac, and very helpful regarding the 48kg scene in Thailand.

Sylvie and my documentary "Neung Roy" is looking for a new online home (new youtube policy won't let creators charge for streaming). I do have hard copies for sale if anyone is interested. $15 includes shipping.

Heather Hardy, Ana Julaton to fight at Bellator 194, compete in future boxing match
7 comments
By Marc Raimondi@marc_raimondi Jan 18, 2018, 8:00pm EST

Heather Hardy and Ana Julaton are going to make some Bellator history next month.

The two women’s flyweight MMA competitors — and top-notch boxers — will fight at Bellator 194 on Feb. 16 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, promotion officials told MMA Fighting on Thursday. They have also agreed to compete in a boxing match at a later date.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...t-bellator-194-compete-in-future-boxing-match

Cheyenne Vlismas has signed to LFA will debut Mar. 9th against Karla Hernandez

Pretty interesting piece of "Wrestle Like a Girl" who is getting girls interested in wrestling as well as advocating for expansions in high schools and colleges. The documentary I am doing on the growth of the sport shows this as a gateway more for MMA than the Olympics

Pretty interesting piece of "Wrestle Like a Girl" who is getting girls interested in wrestling as well as advocating for expansions in high schools and colleges. The documentary I am doing on the growth of the sport shows this as a gateway more for MMA than the Olympics

Good exposure. Glad to see it happening.

Sylvie and my documentary "Neung Roy" is looking for a new online home (new youtube policy won't let creators charge for streaming). I do have hard copies for sale if anyone is interested. $15 includes shipping.

Have you looked into vimeo?

I decided to look up some up coming fights. Not much yet but I did come across a puzzle of sorts.

Fists Of Fury: Super Fight Night - Saturday 01.20.2018 at 07:30 PM ET

7 AUTUMN LAMLE MUSKOGEE OK VS CANDICE MARICLE ALEXANDRIA LOUISIANA (5X3)

Candace Maricle is from Alexanderia Louisana and is a pro 1-1 at bantamweight. Her loss is to recent Invcita signee Julie Avila. She had had a fight lined up for December but it fell through.

Autumn Cameron (Lamle?)is from Okalahoma, 6-5 ammy. Not much else to go on there. Recently married last year it seems.

No social media from either on this fight. Cameron's twitter is private. Maricle is mostly on retweeting KGB and her then planned fight from last year.

They have both fought one another as ammies for the same promotion. Horse Power. Fists of Fury.

https://www.facebook.com/FistsOfFuryMma

--
Looking like K1 Amateur stuff from Gladiator CF but worth posting for those interested. Milena Bassuma has an ammy record in MMA.

CARD GLADIATOR CF 33 - 18/02 SISTEMA X CURITIBA PR

K1 AMADOR
47 Kg - Edna Machado/ Chute Boxe Campi Vs Mariana Santos Campos /Team Sagati
55 Kg - Milena Bassuma /Evolução Thai Vs Nalana TNT/ Saribas Team

--
MFP - 216: Angarsk Battle Angarsk, Russia Saturday 01.27.2018 at 10:00 AM ET

1-27 Aygul Khabrirova (3-0-0) RU vs. Karina Vasiklenko (3-3-0) RU (135)

--
1-27 Sheena Brandenburg (0-1-0) US vs. Danielle Hindley (1-0-0) (115lbs) at Cage Titans 37, Plymouth, Massachusetts.

Also an ammy bout between Kylie O'Hearn vs. Taylor Thompson at 125lbs.
--
I am not sure if this is a pro or ammy fight. Rodova had a change in opponent, this is the new one. Not sure about the weight either. Rodova has a 3/2-1 ammy record. Serrano is from Portugal. Rodova has fought between 135 and 145 pounds, 5'6.

1-28 Mariana Serrano vs. Veronika Rodova at GCF 42, Nymburk, Czech Republic.

--

2-2 Kseniya Guseva (2-0-1) RU vs. Elena Bagnyuk (4-1-0) RU Battle for Samara, Samara, Russia. (2x5 rnds) (125lbs - Likely, both fight at that weight.)

--
2-3 Glena Avila vs. Angela Danzig at KotC: Fight to Finish, Lincoln City, Oregon. (115lbs)
and Susy Watson vs. Liz Tracy (125lbs)

--

2-2 Kimberly Bulow vs. Akira Mcdonald at Monarchy Fighting Alliance MFA 1, Illinois. Ammy (3x3) Probably between 145 and 155 pounds.

2-3 Cherish Brown vs. Larkyn Dasch at NLF: St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Montpeleir, Ohio Ammy 145lbs (3x3)

--
There is scanty information so far but it looks like Swedish MT fighter, Bea Malecki, will be making her pro MMA debut soon at Conquest of the Cage up in Washington State early next month. She has one ammy win so far over Helin Paara (1-3-0) from Estonia. Paara's defeats come from tough customers.

Conquest of the Cage will feature female Muay Thai Champion Bea Malecki out of Stockholm, Sweden. Malecki moved to Spokane to train at Sikjitsu Spokane, and her local camp believes she will be a UFC champion in no time, if not the future face of female martial arts.

Hopefully this information pans out. Would be interesting to see. Malecki fights upwards of 155lbs.
--

2-3 Dani Harris vs. Laura Taylor Hardrock MMA 96: Warr vs. Feruson, Shepherdsville, Kentucky. Ammy (135lbs)

--

2-8 Hannah Goldy vs. Vanessa Marie-Grimes at Island Fights 46: The Return of Roy Jones, Jr., Pensacola, Florida. (115)

2-10 Erica Torres vs. Julie Murray at C3 Fights, Newkirk, Oklahoma. (135)

2-10 Charmaine Sena vs. Melanie McIntyre at Reign FC, Poulsbo, Washington. (125) Not sure if Pro or Ammy.

2-17 Miranda Granger vs. Ivana Coleman at Combat Games MMA: Supreme Showdown 3, Tulalip, Washington. (No clue about weight, Granger is a 115er, Coleman a 145er, overweight though.)

2-17 Lindsey Stevens vs. Randi Field Ammy 3x3, WXC – Southgate, Michigan (115)

2-17 Stephanie Irizarry vs. TBD at Maverick MMA 5, Allentown, Pennsylvania. Ammy. (115 most likely.)

2-17 Arena Wars, Medford Oregon
Carol Howard vs. Faith Davis at 155lbs Ammy
Kelly Hughes vs. Melissa Field at 125lbs Ammy

2-24 Molly McCann vs. TBD , Cage Warriors 90, Liverpool, GB (125 title)

2-24 Elysse Stevenson vs. Shelby Miller at Dominate FC, Olympia, Washington. Ammy. (125)

2-24 Shelby Mroz vs. Stephanie Canfield at Colosseum Combat 43, Kokomo, Indiana. Ammy (115)

2-24 Jesonna Ollis vs. Selina Valdez-Montoya at Jackson's MMA Series 24, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Ammy (135)

2-24 Steelfist Fight Night, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Alie Garcia vs. Stephanie Pernillo 115 Ammy
Michelle Daley vs. Maddie Parka 115 Ammy
Brittany Guillemin vs. Lupita Patino 115 Ammy

2-24 Diana Koutinas (Ohana) vs Destiny Rogers (Simms) (192) at Xtreme Fight Club (Muay Thai)

3-2 Maria Djukic vs. Shana Pasapa at Prestige FC 9, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. (125 likely, Ammy likely.)

3-3 Kristina Williams vs. TBD (Emily Ducote? Said she will fight on this card), Bellator (125)

3-3 Ariane Lipski vs. TBD at KSW 42, Lodz, Poland. (125 Title)

3-3 UFC 222, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Cat Zingano vs. Ketlen Vieria (135)
Mackenzie Dern vs. Ashley Yoder (115)

3-10 DEEP Jewels 19 Tokyo, Japan.
Mina Kurobe vs. Satomi Takano (105 Title)
Yukari Nabe vs. Kana Watanabe (125)
Hikaru Aono vs. Anna Kiriyama (105)
Yuko Oya vs. Hikari Sato (125)
Yuko Kiryu vs. Tomomi Souda (105)
Mizuki Furuse vs. Nanake Kawamura (105)
Tomo Maesawa vs. Yuko Saito (105)
Pan Hui vs. Mika Arai (110)
Ayako Miyata vs. Midori Sugai (115)

3-10 Premier FC 25, Agawam, Massachusetts.
Sarah Payant vs. Cassandra Durant (125)
Lisa Blaine vs. Destiny Quinones (115)

3-10 Molly Lindsay vs. TBD Battle Arena 50, Birmingham, United Kingdom. (135 Title) Ammy Probably KB or MT.

Thanks for this. If you don't know already Glena is out of her fight with Danzig due to injury.

Thanks for this. If you don't know already Glena is out of her fight with Danzig due to injury.

That really sucks for Glena. I had just been looking at her twitter the other day too. Best wishes for her. And you are welcome.

--

That really sucks for Glena. I had just been looking at her twitter the other day too. Best wishes for her. And you are welcome.

--

Her opponent is Whittany Pyles and will fight March 24th

Virna by sub. Champ swiftly gets picked up by the ufc. Rinse and repeat
I don't think winner of that fight will go to UFC right away, maybe after some defenses, 2 or 3, SW is pretty strong right now. BW on other hand i totally understand why they took Yana and wouldn't surprise me if Lehner-Kaufman happens next and they bring the winner aswell, 135 never was so weak in the last 3 years.

Anyway should be a good fight, i think Virna got this too, late sub.

I don't think winner of that fight will go to UFC right away, maybe after some defenses, 2 or 3, SW is pretty strong right now. BW on other hand i totally understand why they took Yana and wouldn't surprise me if Lehner-Kaufman happens next and they bring the winner aswell, 135 never was so weak in the last 3 years.

Anyway should be a good fight, i think Virna got this too, late sub.
I wouldn’t even object to them taking both Kaufman and lehner. If pannie kianzad could just get one win I wouldn’t mind them taking her too

—-
Btw did y’all hear where holly said she wanted to stay at 145 instead of going back down?

This is complete speculation ,conspiracy theory and probably not true but I happen to enjoy speculating on things so here goes. I have a feeling the real reason Jamie Moyle got "injured" so close to fight week is because Cynthia got notified of her in comp test fail. Jamie stated in the past she smoked weed and her and Cynthia now being best friends/training partners I would assume they smoke with each other. She got "injured" so close to fight day is a little suspect because fighters usually take it easy and is mostly about recovering. She can't fail the in comp test for weed if you never fight. She probably took the better to be safe than sorry route with how close to the fight she probably smoked weed with Cynthia.

This is complete speculation ,conspiracy theory and probably not true but I happen to enjoy speculating on things so here goes. I have a feeling the real reason Jamie Moyle got "injured" so close to fight week is because Cynthia got notified of her in comp test fail. Jamie stated in the past she smoked weed and her and Cynthia now being best friends/training partners I would assume they smoke with each other. She got "injured" so close to fight day is a little suspect because fighters usually take it easy and is mostly about recovering. She can't fail the in comp test for weed if you never fight. She probably took the better to be safe than sorry route with how close to the fight she probably smoked weed with Cynthia.

I’m not familiar with the procedure but can a fighter outright say, “I’m injured and therefore cannot fight”? I’d assume the UFC have doctors that would examine injuries before making a final decision?

Back