Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Anyone else here watch the Katie Taylor vs. Jessica McCaskill boxing match? Thoroughly enjoyed it & will watch both of them in the future. McCaskill has a brawler style, getting in close going for hard punches. Taylor's got quick hand speed & foot movement. That gym in London is classic - everyone packed in screaming & hanging out in the rafters. Hope Showtime keeps streaming these fights. Great way to get more interest in the sport.

bullet is gonna make mincmeat outta this chick, gassed after 1 round, slow as mollasses, no defense

Agreed & Valentina has something to prove after the lackluster title fight against Nunes.

Yeah, that was a really serious mismatch.

And now, there's some lady dancing in a net suspended above the ring.

Will watch later. You've got me intrigued as it sounds like a cross between fighting & Cirque de Soleil. :)

Ham looking ready to defend that strap.

%25ED%2595%25A8%25EC%2584%259C%25ED%259D%25AC_1215.jpg

Cool poster. A bit cheesy. Ham & cheese. I'm stretching for laughs but hey it's Friday night.

Anyone else here watch the Katie Taylor vs. Jessica McCaskill boxing match? Thoroughly enjoyed it & will watch both of them in the future. McCaskill has a brawler style, getting in close going for hard punches. Taylor's got quick hand speed & foot movement. That gym in London is classic - everyone packed in screaming & hanging out in the rafters. Hope Showtime keeps streaming these fights. Great way to get more interest in the sport.
didnt watch , read the results in the irish papers, sounds like taylor had her toughest fight yet.
her dads on record asking her to consider retiring, he is no longer her principal trainer, i guess it must be hard to watch your kid get punched in the face after years and years of it.
found a link, watch quick before it gets taken down. edit, shitty choppy link, replaced it with a better one

Last edited:
Jackson vs. Letourneau was a decent fight.

I have reservations about the winner of this fight but it was somewhat close so not complaining much.

Yeah, that was a really serious mismatch.

And now, there's some lady dancing in a net suspended above the ring.

Enjoyed that fight. Initial spinning back fist, top control, quick reversal & leg bar: all under a few minutes. Thanks.

Last edited:
didnt watch , read the results in the irish papers, sounds like taylor had her toughest fight yet.
her dads on record asking her to consider retiring, he is no longer her principal trainer, i guess it must be hard to watch your kid get punched in the face after years and years of it.
found a link, watch quick before it gets taken down. edit, shitty choppy link, replaced it with a better one

Yeah, really enjoyable fight. Taylor must be a big star in Ireland. Gold medal champion, blazing hand speed, high fight iq, winning personality. The announcers here act like McCaskill barely deserves mention. It's like they didn't know who she is lol. She rocked Katie a few times.

I'm intrigued by that Ladies Fight Night promotion, seems to have high production values, how do they cover their costs?

Bad night for the UFC vets, Badurek looked like a strawweight fighting a featherweight and Stanciu hasn't much hope when it goes to the ground.

I'm intrigued by that Ladies Fight Night promotion, seems to have high production values, how do they cover their costs?

Bad night for the UFC vets, Badurek looked like a strawweight fighting a featherweight and Stanciu hasn't much hope when it goes to the ground.

Good question. Maybe financed by a wealthy person or entity? Maybe airs on tv in eastern europe? Hopefully someone here will know more. It's a fun promotion.

Last edited:
to

be honest, her husband has dropped her totally in the shit anyway.

a recent tweet saying she got caught in Vegas because thats the first time shes fought in a state wherre its been illegal....

well first, thats not true.. diuretics are illegal in louisiana, but louisiana dont bother testing at MMA fights. (so them having a prohibited list is largely pointless)

but its pretty obvious from his comment that this is not the first time shes used a diuretic. Or how would they know about prior occasions...

heres another member of her team admitting she had used diuretics in the past

Donny basically admits that if states dont fall under wada prohibited list then fuck it

Doc Howie then even admits that the diuretics are specifically used to cut weight

So basdically her doctor admits shes used diuretics on multiple occasions to make weight..

but she only did it once because she was "bloated"

Lee is 5'7" and has some serious muscle mass on her, maybe she needs to move up to 135 if she can't make weight without diuretics.

Marina shouldn't be fighting someone who spends most of her time at Flyweight/Strawweight. Perhaps a fight versus Zamzagul Fayzholla or Liana Jouja should be next. If Katarzyna Sadura wins tomorrow, that would also be a great test for them both.

Terrible management by Badureks team, she was significantly outmatched in size, camp, and athletic ability here.

Has anyone heard anything about Calderwood's situation? She's been utterly silent since she had to pull out of the bogan fight.
if I was guessing, i'd say she's missed a monthly appointment, and is waiting for the results of the 12 week scan, before revealing the good news......any other scenario you would've heard something by now.

if I was guessing, i'd say she's missed a monthly appointment, and is waiting for the results of the 12 week scan, before revealing the good news......any other scenario you would've heard something by now.

I'm a little worried it's something mental.

I remember Katie Taylor having a cracking fight with Natasha Jonas at London 2012. A male fighter could have gone pro straight away. Same with Adams.

Oh wow! I've just found out that Jonas is fighting tonight! I thought She'd retired. Maybe they'll get it on again one day. I don't normally watch boxing but I'd watch that.

Yeah, really enjoyable fight. Taylor must be a big star in Ireland. Gold medal champion, blazing hand speed, high fight iq, winning personality. The announcers here act like McCaskill barely deserves mention. It's like they didn't know who she is lol. She rocked Katie a few times.

That is how it works. It is all about the hometown boy or girl. You should see the Scousers riding the Paddy Pimblett bandwagon ;)

York Hall, Bethnal Green .... famous old boxing venue in London's East End.

Gotta love it. It can get a bit raucous though. There have been some good kickboxing shows there over the years.

Last edited:
Nice! :)

Ham vs. Frey is easily the #1 fight left this year for me. Hopefully the JBG will smile on us on fight night!!
Agreed. No other fight left before January, or even scheduled for the next few months, carries as much weight as this fight.

Back