Official Women's Division Discussion #25

If Invicta is looking for the next title challenger at 125 lbs
why not Karina Rodriguez since she is undefeated and
Jennifer Maia could make her next defense in April or May
since she didn't take a bunch of damage in her most recent
outing.

Stanciu is fighting Mellony Guegjes in January too. Should be a mess of a fight.

The Ladies Fight Night shows this weekend (LFN 7 Friday, LFN 8 Saturday), actually look pretty good. Probably their best mma cards, usually the better fights are kickboxing rules.

(Cards copy/pasted from Tim Peterson's site)
https://wmmatoday.wordpress.com/wmma-events-43/

Ladies Fight Night 7
(115) – Cristina Stanciu vs Magdaléna Šormovádo
(125) – Katarzyna Biegajlo vs TBD
(140) – Izabella Badurek vs Zarah Fairn
(125) – Katarzyna Lubońska vs TBD

Ladies Fight Night 8
(125) – Carolina Jimenez vs Maguy Berchel
(135) – Katarzyna Sadura vs Stephanie Egger
(125) – Judyta Rymarzak vs Marta Waliczek
(115) – Sylwia Juśkiewicz vs Samin Kamal Beik
(125) – Barbara Nalepka vs Elina Kallionidou
(115) – Weronika Zygmunt vs Karolina Iverenova
(110) – Hanna Gujwan vs Minna Grusander

Shooto Brasil had a couple of fights this sunday:
Geisa Veloso defeated Jamile Faria by submission on R1 - Geisa is a NU fighter and Jamile is a team mate of Jessica Andrade and Priscila Cachoeira

Marina Rodriguez remains undefeated with the decision win over NU fighter Amanda Torres. As expected Marina put on a muay thai clinic but had some rough spots with Amanda on the ground. Marina moves to 8-0 with this win and is looking very much ready for some international experience.

Stanciu is fighting Mellony Guegjes in January too. Should be a mess of a fight.

The Ladies Fight Night shows this weekend (LFN 7 Friday, LFN 8 Saturday), actually look pretty good. Probably their best mma cards, usually the better fights are kickboxing rules.

Ladies Fight Night 7

Ladies Fight Night 8
I'm not sure why she's back at 115.

Both LFN cards look great. Excited to see how both Badurek and Lubonska look, Lubonska was supposed to be the new face of the KSW women but that got derailed quickly after Lipski beat her (IIRC Lipski was a short notice replacement, Lubonska was supposed to face Porczyk). Gujwan vs. Grusander should be interesting, I hope they bring in Maiju Suotama sometime soon. Sadura is a training partner of Kowalkiewicz. Hope Juskiewicz wins her fight!!

Ladies Fight Night 7

Ladies Fight Night 8

Gonna have to try to find footage for these fights for my channel. Still working on reviews for the Invicta fights last weekend. Unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes, so I'm way behind.

Damn these guys voting for that rankings have no criteria whatsoever, GDR pulls out of Marion Reneau fight (which Marion won against Talita) and moves up 4 positions while Marion just 2? WTF? Ridiculous

I hope UFC moves on with Davis vs. Eubanks or Murphy next, Honchak x Carmouche maybe. It was a great and competitive fight, both fighters deserves someone ahead of them.

e0e557e2dacabe8bf78a6e7111c9e413.png

PS: Ladd and Moras already ranked :rolleyes:

Both LFN cards look great. Excited to see how both Badurek and Lubonska look, Lubonska was supposed to be the new face of the KSW women but that got derailed quickly after Lipski beat her (IIRC Lipski was a short notice replacement, Lubonska was supposed to face Porczyk). Gujwan vs. Grusander should be interesting, I hope they bring in Maiju Suotama sometime soon. Sadura is a training partner of Kowalkiewicz. Hope Juskiewicz wins her fight!!
I'd love to see them (or Invicta) get Maiju...

I like Badurek and all, but she's fighting Zarah Fairn, who I regard quite highly. Zarah is 5'10", trains out of the mma factory, and she hits like a Mack truck.

Just read that UFC 221 may have 2 title fights, with the headliner being Whittaker x Rockhold of course. I'd say at this point the second has to be either DJ x TJ (unlikely), Rose x someone or Nunes x someone (most likely of the 3).

Could y'all see maybe Nunes x Evinger or Nunes x GDR being next, for Perth? Or am i being too crazy for WME new standards? GDR got a 4 positions boost in this last ranking update, i hope that's not the case but wouldn't surprise me, they came with her fighting against Holm for the 145 belt while she was like 13th at WBW.

Damn these guys voting for that rankings have no criteria whatsoever, GDR pulls out of Marion Reneau fight (which Marion won against Talita) and moves up 4 positions while Marion just 2? WTF? Ridiculous

I hope UFC moves on with Davis vs. Eubanks or Murphy next, Honchak x Carmouche maybe. It was a great and competitive fight, both fighters deserves someone ahead of them.

e0e557e2dacabe8bf78a6e7111c9e413.png

PS: Ladd and Moras already ranked :rolleyes:
The rankings are marketing tools for UFC. I suspect GDR is going to get a titleshot at 135 because no one left to fight Nunes before next summer.

fuck i hope not, the longer i go without watching amanda fight the better

Just read that UFC 221 may have 2 title fights, with the headliner being Whittaker x Rockhold of course. I'd say at this point the second has to be either DJ x TJ (unlikely), Rose x someone or Nunes x someone (most likely of the 3).

Could y'all see maybe Nunes x Evinger or Nunes x GDR being next, for Perth? Or am i being too crazy for WME new standards? GDR got a 4 positions boost in this last ranking update, i hope that's not the case but wouldn't surprise me, they came with her fighting against Holm for the 145 belt while she was like 13th at WBW.
Rose vs Tecia Torres is the most likely. However UFC could save this for a ppv card in USA to market Rose, then Nunes vs GDR would make sense.

Last edited:
The only things I'm happy about with the bantamweight rankings is Rousey finally being moved out of the top eight (though I still don't know why she's ranked at all) and Ladd & Moras finally being in the top fifteen. I don't know why GDR is in the top five, personally think Vieira should be in her place. This most likely means they're hoping GDR racks up a few wins to set up a Nunes rematch, they are rather short on contenders with Shevchenko moving up and both Pena & Pennington being out.

Also did DeAnna Bennett disappear from flyweight rankings? Davis should fight the winner of Shevchenko vs. Cachoeira, likely for the next title shot. Murphy vs. Eubanks, Honchak vs. Modafferi, de la Rosa vs. Ostovich and Carmouche vs. the loser of VanZant vs. Clark.

ETA: Fight Nights Global has two fights tomorrow (Kazak vs. Agapova is on Saturday):
  • Marina Mokhnatkina vs. Karine Silva
  • Julia Borisova vs. Mariya Artyukhina

Last edited:
The only things I'm happy about with the bantamweight rankings is Rousey finally being moved out of the top eight (though I still don't know why she's ranked at all) and Ladd & Moras finally being in the top fifteen. I don't know why GDR is in the top five, personally think Vieira should be in her place. This most likely means they're hoping GDR racks up a few wins to set up a Nunes rematch, they are rather short on contenders with Shevchenko moving up and both Pena & Pennington being out.

Also did DeAnna Bennett disappear from flyweight rankings? Davis should fight the winner of Shevchenko vs. Cachoeira, likely for the next title shot. Murphy vs. Eubanks, Honchak vs. Modafferi, de la Rosa vs. Ostovich and Carmouche vs. the loser of VanZant vs. Clark.

ETA: Fight Nights Global has two fights tomorrow (Kazak vs. Agapova is on Saturday):
  • Marina Mokhnatkina vs. Karine Silva
  • Julia Borisova vs. Mariya Artyukhina
I personally think the UFC will give Schev the title shot on a win. I'd like to see Davis fight the Borella/Chookagian winner, for an eventual title shot. I wouldn't be upset if they give that person to Murphy however, and go with Davis/Eubanks.. I'd love to see them grapple.

Excited to see Marina fight again, she recently won another world championship in Sambo! (I believe it is her 5th). I sort of hope she switches to mma full time after this, as she has basically done it all in Sambo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back