Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Leslie Smith must be either nuts or really confident because
she is attempting to get a fighters union at UFC which could be
good if it works out do to the fact that the fighters could have a
voice but it could be really bad for her if UFC rejects the whole
concept or they don't allow the union to certify.

Leslie ain't afraid of no suits, indeed Ari looks shook

Makes me want to root for Leslie during her next fight... except, unfortunately, she''s scheduled to fight Aspen Ladd, and there''s no way I'm not rooting for Aspen.

Why are you such an Aspen fan? Asking out of curiosity, I like both fighters.

Leslie Smith must be either nuts or really confident because
she is attempting to get a fighters union at UFC which could be
good if it works out do to the fact that the fighters could have a
voice but it could be really bad for her if UFC rejects the whole
concept or they don't allow the union to certify.

She is just stupid. There won't be any union unless enough high ranked fighters are willing to strike. Early union history is wrote with workers' blood.

Maybe Dana would let her have a little "union" to play house, shut her up but it won't have any real power to negotiate with UFC.

Most male fighters are dumb as bell, Dana only needs to play champs good money then the rest especially young fighters would think they all have a shot. Not untill recently, some fighters fianlly wake up to realize it's not worthy it.

If Esquibel is willing to step up, they should make it happen.

Why are you such an Aspen fan? Asking out of curiosity, I like both fighters.

It began with one of @gorgonon's games in which we had to pick InvictaFC winners. Aspen Ladd was making her pro debut so I had to watch her amateur fights on YouTube to get an idea of how good she was. I felt that I detected something extraordinary about her mentality, relating to how calm and focused she was during her fights even when she was put under pressure, and I thought that mentality marked her as having extraordinary potential for MMA brilliance, or something to that effect. I picked her to win her debut fight, and she did.

She has gone on from there to have an undefeated pro career, winning every time by finish except once. I like that she has always performed consistent with my initial judgment of her back then. And the higher she rises, the more she confirms the perspicacity of that initial assessment I made. So how can I ever not root for her to win? The better her fight career turns out, the more my ego gets fed!

Kanna Asakura v Melissa Karagianis at the May Rizin show. They announced Kanako Murata vs someone, but I missed the name (edit: Kanako Murato vs Weili Zhang).

Zhang/Murata is very neat.

Last edited:
Murata vs Zhang is a good fight, but as a fan of both fighters, Karagianis is a step back for Kanna. Melissa is coming off a loss back in November..

I cannot seem to find my way back to it. Evidently I am now the old guy confused by technology, dammit.

Really late on this, but was looking for an old post of mine when I came across it.

Instagram stories only exist for 24 hours. After that, they are gone forever. I don't think a url exists to copy and paste it.

Really late on this, but was looking for an old post of mine when I came across it.

Instagram stories only exist for 24 hours. After that, they are gone forever. I don't think a url exists to copy and paste it.
No URL but there are apps to download insta stories

So, with Gadelha-Esparza happening, either that report about Grasso facing a top 5 opponent is false (more likely) or she's going up to FLW and facing a top 5 in her first fight there..

Would be down to Grasso x Murphy, won't lie. If Grasso can avoid takedowns she would embarass Murphy and her amateurish striking skills.

I like this one. Claudia & Carla have been feuding for years. Claudia's coming off her loss to Jessica Andrade. Carla's had two wins and recently beat Cynthia Calvillo. Claudia's strong in every area & showed improved striking in the first round versus Andrade. Carla's going to have a big challenge on her hands.

Brazilian media reporting Jennifer Maia has signed with the UFC

My latest video:

unfortunately, the wmma today blog is on sustained hiatus, leaving one less news source for our niche-within-a-niche. I'm gonna try hard to step up my game W.R.T. getting the latest news out there. Probably nothing ground breaking, but it's better than scrolling through multiple threads and sites looking for individual bits of news.

Believe FNG is still on Fight Pass - this happens next week

Back