Official Women's Division Discussion #25

If I'm not mistaken Lobo Gym where Alexa Grasso and her
teammates train was originally a boxing gym that converted
over to or added MMA.
The main trainer, Alexa's uncle, Francisco Grasso, is a retired pro boxer.

Livinha Souza injured, out of UFC Austin fight with Jessica Aguilar.

Source: MMA Fighting

I would make Gadelha vs. Esparza (2 well rounded vets) and Grasso vs. Aldrich/Ansaroff/Pereira

Grasso needs to calm down and build momentum again, her last fight was as close as it gets, NOOO FUCKING REASON to face Gadelha

Gadelha v Esparza seems an obvious fight to make, they've been sniping at each other on social media for years.

Wonder if they'll find someone to fight Aguilar, Esquibel maybe

I don't see anyone taking that fight in such short notice, at least not making weight

I know if UFC is looking for a opponent for Jessica Aguilar
why not Jodie Esquibel since she doesn't cut much weight
and is training when she is not working at her day job.

If they look in Invicta, as always, maybe they can sign Mizuki or Virna Jandiroba. They both are in shape and maybe can accept such a challenge on short notice.

On the UFC 221 broadcast they just advertised Ashley Yoder vs Mackenzie Dern as a flyweight bout

On the UFC 221 broadcast they just advertised Ashley Yoder vs Mackenzie Dern as a flyweight bout
Might be a mistake because Dern posted a snap saying her diet to 115 was starting. They are known for mistakes I mean just tonight they mistakenly put up Frankie Edgars face for Max's name tag.

Might be a mistake because Dern posted a snap saying her diet to 115 was starting. They are known for mistakes I mean just tonight they mistakenly put up Frankie Edgars face for Max's name tag.
"Max Holloway - IC" in the press conference

IC stands for Interim Champ

lol

Oh FFS. I was looking forward to her debut :( They got Reneau an opponent on short notice when de Randamie pulled out.. I dunno if anyone would be available now though considering the event is a week away. They'll probably find a replacement and re-schedule the fight for another card.

I would like to contribute my thoughts on Yana fighting at Featherweight. I've seen in some places on the internet that Cyborg is just getting another Bantamweight to beat up, which I disagree with. I think in general Yana moving to featherweight makes a lot of sense - based on first-hand experience of training with her.

In July 2017, I was training at Jacksons. Yana was getting ready for her title fight against Pa'luhi. I can tell you from rolling and sparring with her that Yana is a strong and tall woman. I am 5.7.5" and at that time I was about 145 - 150lbs - Yana made me look like a shrimp (and I felt like it too, especially when I was on the ground with her).

She had to cut quit a bit to make it to 135 for that fight, and on fight day she weighed in at 155. The CSAC was recommending she move to featherweight after that last fight.

Watching her Holly and spar they are similar in size and height.

Also, I think she is taller than 5'8" - more like 5'9."

Last edited:
Chan-Mi Jeon has a gimp leg. Following her IG stories, seems like it's been bothering her a while, hurting it, letting it heal, then hurting it again, so on and so forth. Looks like She'll need surgery.

Back