Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Oh FFS. I was looking forward to her debut :( They got Reneau an opponent on short notice when de Randamie pulled out.. I dunno if anyone would be available now though considering the event is a week away. They'll probably find a replacement and re-schedule the fight for another card.
Esquibel, could probably make the weight, and they are both coming off losses.

They are starting to book the TUF flyweights now. I actually really like this match up also.

If I'm seeing it right Jessica Andrade with 2 fights this
year could join the elite club of 25 pro fights but what
makes it more special is she doesn't turn 30 for another
3 years.

Strange? I'd say absurd. Makes no sense, Grasso barely won her last fight, she has A LOT to learn before a top 5 opponent.. Gadelha domianted KK before Andrade and was making work of Andrade at R1, oh my god i'll hate so much that match up if it's true.. :mad:

Maybe Grasso is moving up and fighting a top 5 at FLW? I hope it's that, she missed weight against Markos and by a lot (4 lbs), i don't think she should fight at 125 tho

I think its good match making. Grasso is a perceived gimme fight so Claudia can get back into the win column because she is still a prospect that has yet to fully flourish. On the other hand, if Grasso does beat claudia, i'd say that immediately jumps her to ONE win away from a title shot regardless of who is holding the title. The Brazilians are that "established" as top 3 of 115. Both of them could even move up to 125.

In the end, if Grasso loses in comeptitve fashion, I dont think her stock drops at all. It's great match making! Claudia vs carla would also work, since the latter is in a similar position, although a longtime vet, which people seem to forget.

Its funny that not too long from now, if things move quick, it's possible we could have Felice Herring as champ defending against Carla Esparaza. Never say never.<GSPWoah>

I think its good match making. Grasso is a perceived gimme fight so Claudia can get back into the win column because she is still a prospect that has yet to fully flourish. On the other hand, if Grasso does beat claudia, i'd say that immediately jumps her to ONE win away from a title shot regardless of who is holding the title. The Brazilians are that "established" as top 3 of 115. Both of them could even move up to 125.

In the end, if Grasso loses in comeptitve fashion, I dont think her stock drops at all. It's great match making! Claudia vs carla would also work, since the latter is in a similar position, although a longtime vet, which people seem to forget.

Its funny that not too long from now, if things move quick, it's possible we could have Felice Herring as champ defending against Carla Esparaza. Never say never.<GSPWoah>
Highly disagree. I think Gadelha smokes her, gets a quick submission similar to what happened to KK, that's the most likely result and i don't see how another loss right now could be good for Grasso. Yes, she's a prospect, so let's build her, isn't that kinda obvious? She is not ready for anyone in top 5, i'd keep her away from these fighters for at least 2-3 wins, she has a lot of room to improve and she's young, give her someone unranked to build momentum/confidence again..

Esquibel, could probably make the weight, and they are both coming off losses.
I read somewhere that isn't anything really serious and that UFC is trying to rebook this fight for other card, probably in March.

This Sunday UFC Sarah Moras vs. Lucie Pudilova at 135.

• Sunday 02.18.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: UFC Fight Pass
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 126: Cowboy vs. Medeiros
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Austin

Sarah Moras vs. Lucie Pudilová135 lbs

Moras submitted Ashlee Evans Smith in round 1 in September. Pudilova's also coming off a win, via decision last June against Ji Yeon Kim (who went on and beat Justine Kish). Moras was scheduled to fight Lauren Murphy in the TUF finale but pulled out due to injury. Anyone want to share thoughts on this matchup?

Edited to add: It's on the prelims so it's free on fight pass. Not sure exact time it will start. Also it was Priscilla Cachoeira who pulled out versus Murphy for TUF - my bad.

Last edited:
This Sunday UFC Sarah Moras vs. Lucie Pudilova at 135.

• Sunday 02.18.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: UFC Fight Pass
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 126: Cowboy vs. Medeiros
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Austin

Sarah Moras vs. Lucie Pudilová135 lbs

Moras submitted Ashlee Evans Smith in round 1 in September. Pudilova's also coming off a win, via decision last June against Ji Yeon Kim (who went on and beat Justine Kish). Moras was scheduled to fight Lauren Murphy in the TUF finale but pulled out due to injury. Anyone want to share thoughts on this matchup?
I think it was Priscila Cachoeira that pulled out of the Murphy fight, due to visa issues. Moras was scheduled to fight Murphy too but it was a long time ago, wasn't it?

I think it was Priscila Cachoeira that pulled out of the Murphy fight, due to visa issues. Moras was scheduled to fight Murphy too but it was a long time ago, wasn't it?

Oh yes you're correct. My bad. What do you think about this fight & these fighters?

Oh yes you're correct. My bad. What do you think about this fight & these fighters?
Not gonna lie, i watched only 1 fight of Pudilova and it was the Lansberg fight (didn't catch most of the Singapura card, where she fought Kim).

Therefore, i'm going with Moras because her performance against Evans-Smith was on point, she always had a great grappling game and it seems she's still getting better with her scrambles and quick attacks on her back, she's surprisingly flexible. Unfortunately i do not know enough about Pudilova grappling defense to have a solid opinion.

What's your take on that?

Not gonna lie, i watched only 1 fight of Pudilova and it was the Lansberg fight (didn't catch most of the Singapura card, where she fought Kim).

Therefore, i'm going with Moras because her performance against Evans-Smith was on point, she always had a great grappling game and it seems she's still getting better with her scrambles and quick attacks on her back, she's surprisingly flexible. Unfortunately i do not know enough about Pudilova grappling defense to have a solid opinion.

Cool, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't have a take yet. Hoping to review their fights this week.

Just watched their last couple of fights. I'll give Pudilova the slight edge because of her reach advantage, foot movement and striking. Lucie's young (23) tall & long. Though Lansberg got the decision against her in March 2017 based on slightly beating her in the first 2, Pudilova destroyed her in round 3. At the end of the fight the gracious victor Lansberg says Pudilova deserved the W and looking at her mangled face you can see why. In Lucie's last fight (June 2017) versus Ji Yeon Kim she comes out of the gate more aggressive, wins by unanimous decision. Sarah Moras looks feisty & game. Andrade dominated her in their rematch July 2015. Credit to Moras for not getting stopped and even mounting an attempted RNC in the last minute but other than that it wasn't even close. In her last fight September 2017 she submitted Ashlee Evans-Smith via armbar midway through round 1. Frankly I think it was mainly due to mistakes made by Smith. Looks like both like to strike so I'm hoping for fireworks.

Sarah Moras looks feisty & game.

Moras wants Performance Of The Night money (or needs it... she did a GoFundMe last year to finance preparations for her Evans-Smith fight... preparations like training in a full-time--no part-time job--fight-camp and some time at the UFC Performance Center). She said she was disappointed not to get POTN for the Evans-Smith fight and is going to try harder to get it this time. So, I find it interesting that she isn't just aiming for a W but for a POTN.

Moras wants Performance Of The Night money (or needs it... she did a GoFundMe last year to finance preparations for her Evans-Smith fight... preparations like training in a full-time--no part-time job--fight-camp and some time at the UFC Performance Center). She said she was disappointed not to get POTN for the Evans-Smith fight and is going to try harder to get it this time. So, I find it interesting that she isn't just aiming for a W but for a POTN.

Well, this is an admirable mentality.

Catchweight bout added to TFC 17 in Seoul:

I believe it is Choi's debut. Seo is 3-2, with all of her bouts except one (an ill advised flyweight fight against Emiko Raika) being at catchweigt. She looks like she could make Atomweight if she tried, not sure what TFC is doing with her.

I know that Priscila Cachoeira would be setting a record if
she can return to training in six months since most fighters
that suffer ACL tears end up out for 10 months to a year.

Leslie Smith must be either nuts or really confident because
she is attempting to get a fighters union at UFC which could be
good if it works out do to the fact that the fighters could have a
voice but it could be really bad for her if UFC rejects the whole
concept or they don't allow the union to certify.

Leslie Smith must be either nuts or really confident because
she is attempting to get a fighters union at UFC which could be
good if it works out do to the fact that the fighters could have a
voice but it could be really bad for her if UFC rejects the whole
concept or they don't allow the union to certify.
Makes me want to root for Leslie during her next fight... except, unfortunately, she''s scheduled to fight Aspen Ladd, and there's no way I'm not rooting for Aspen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back