Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonina Shevchenko is fighting Kerry Hughes September 22nd. According to Hughes it's MMA rules. I was under the impression that Antonina wasn't really interested in MMA, so nice surprise.

Last edited:
From 145 straight to 125, wow.
Iony is all of 5'3", and isn't built like a Gabrielle Holloway or Tamikka Brents . She was noticeably smaller than Sinnead, who's a bantamweight. I'd reckon her walking weight is about 140ish based on her weigh ins.

Only 10 fighters listed on the Bellator website:

• Amanda Bell
  • Arlene Blencowe
  • Julia Budd
  • Alexis Dufresne
  • Gabby Holloway
  • Sinead Kavanagh
  • Amber Leibrock
  • Talita Nogueira
  • Roberta Paim
  • Iony Razafiarison
Coenen is also listed, even though she is retired.

Iony was supposed to face Helen a month ago but took her ball and went home. More than likely will save her for the European cards.

Talita Nogueira missed weight last time and the fight was cancelled so not sure if it's Bellator punishing her or they haven't rescheduled her.

It's been 5 years since we've seen Romy, so 99% sure she retired from MMA.

Adrienna Jenkins is not listed n the Bellator website and seems to be active still. Wouldn't mind seeing Invicta pick her up.

No clue on Roberta Rovel - she is no longer listed on the Bellator site and hasn't fought since 2015. Same with Annalisa Bucci.

Thanks a lot for the updates! I knew about Iony's fight with Helena being cancelled due to Kolesnyk missing weight and Iony not accepting a catchweight bout. I seriously hope they haven't given up on Girl Nog, hope we see her in there soon!

Julia Budd disappointed she's not on the bellator card

I mean, who has she got to defend her title against? I dunno how the Bellator's booking works but surely Dufresne was the favourite for the title shot before she lost to Gabby Holloway (Who should be in the mix now right?)

I feel like the winner of Dufresne / Bell will fight Budd or they'll fight whoever wins Blencowe / Kavanagh. I kinda wanted to see Iony fight for the belt but her moving to 125 is smart because she is pretty small compared to the rest of the featherweights.

Thanks a lot for the updates! I knew about Iony's fight with Helena being cancelled due to Kolesnyk missing weight and Iony not accepting a catchweight bout. I seriously hope they haven't given up on Girl Nog, hope we see her in there soon!

I mean, who has she got to defend her title against? I dunno how the Bellator's booking works but surely Dufresne was the favourite for the title shot before she lost to Gabby Holloway (Who should be in the mix now right?)

I feel like the winner of Dufresne / Bell will fight Budd or they'll fight whoever wins Blencowe / Kavanagh. I kinda wanted to see Iony fight for the belt but her moving to 125 is smart because she is pretty small compared to the rest of the featherweights.

Holloway already lost a 3 round UD to Budd and has gone 2-3 since that fight.

Holloway already lost a 3 round UD to Budd and has gone 2-3 since that fight.
That's true, but I really don't see a rematch that far away, maybe she needs to rack up a few wins to get there. I say the winner of Dufresne / Bell fights Budd or they fight the winner of Blencowe / Kavanagh for the title shot.

Cortney Caesy's b-sample came back within normal levels so she is pretty much clear to fight anywhere expect Texas, who hasn't lifted her suspension as of yet.

Hello guys! I've been wondering.. who do you think is gonna fight for the Invicta's vacant stw belt? These are my picks: Lívia Souza vs Jodie Esquibel
Lívia Souza vs Virna Jandiroba
Lívia Souza vs Mizuki Inoue

Would be pretty interesting if they gave Virna a title fight right away

Cortney Caesy's b-sample came back within normal levels so she is pretty much clear to fight anywhere expect Texas, who hasn't lifted her suspension as of yet.

And Texans wonder why everyone else makes fun of them.

Hardy is not really a knockout artist, so I don't think her MMA career will start well. The longer the fight go on, the more chances her opponents would have to take her down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back