Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought Torres was ranked way too high, great opportunity for Lima. Surprised Tecia took the fight to tell the truth.

Like any promotion, Invicta is not without its faults. However, they will ALWAYS have my respect because they work hard to do right by their fighters. At one point, didn't Knapp have to take out a loan against her house to pay fighters? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that she's not making millions while her fighters are starving. She works her ass off in a very tough business. The fight game is an unforgiving beast. I think IFC does a great job with the limited resources they've got. I know I couldn't do any better. A crappy athletic commission is well beyond their control.

Like any promotion, Invicta is not without its faults. However, they will ALWAYS have my respect because they work hard to do right by their fighters. At one point, didn't Knapp have to take out a loan against her house to pay fighters? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that she's not making millions while her fighters are starving. She works her ass off in a very tough business. The fight game is an unforgiving beast. I think IFC does a great job with the limited resources they've got. I know I couldn't do any better. A crappy athletic commission is well beyond their control.
I explained a lot of this during a post about 3 months ago.

"From Invicta 6 to 8 was a lot of drama going on in the background. From Invicta 6 to 7 there was 5 months between cards. Between Invicta 7 to 8 there was 9 months. It is rumored that the then Co Owner Janet Martin was doing some shady business dealings(Shannon bought her out and now controls 100% of Invicta). During that period Invicta was bleeding money because their attempts at PPVs kept malfunctioning meaning they had to refund the money. They tried to get on Axs TV but the channel turned them down. Until the FightPass deal there was a lot of rumors that Invicta was going to have to shutdown permanently. Shannon will never admit these problems but I am glad Shannon was willing to lose a lot of money at the beginning to save Invicta."

1 thing I always respected about Shannon was her honestly from day 1. From the start she said the 2 main reasons why she started Invicta was to show people the potential in WMMA and to provide better opportunities to WMMA fighters. She has done both of those things and sometimes it has been to her detriment. She never denies fighters bigger opportunities in other organizations even thought it might mean them leaving Invicta for other promotions.

I totally give Shannon and Invicta 100% credit for how exciting the 115lb and 125lb divisions are. The 105lb division is also coming along nicely. Shannon tried her hardest for both 145lb and 155lb divisions but I am going to be nice and say they are a work in progress.

Tecia Torres to replace Amanda Ribas at the TUF Finale against Juliana Lima

is this a fight where the chance of it going the distance is so high it wraps around and we get a 1st round KO instead?

She's ducking Randa.

Understandable.
giphy.gif

Apparently Heather Hardy's Invicta deal was made without Lou DiBella's knowledge.

Had the rematch all lined up. Randa > Lima in all senses. Ranking, name, skill, etc.

Yet Tecia dodges for yet another non top 10 opponent! She knows it would be groundhog day!

I say again: because rematches always go the same way. While I am not huge fan of Tecia, Randa's UFC run has been even less impressive.

I say again: because rematches always go the same way. While I am not huge fan of Tecia, Randa's UFC run has been even less impressive.
Always trying to shit on my parade. Why? You can't deny Randa has gotten better since then/improved more. Odds are in her favor.

Tecia hasn't even beat a top 10er in the UFC unlike Randa(though she could be argued the W over Rose). & of course, Randa beat her when she was worse than she is now.

Randa has also fought tougher comp than Tecia.

Bellator might have themselves a star if they can get things ironed out with DiBella.

@awiv With all the shows Invicta been holding at the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, I wouldn't be surprised if Invicta fans might start informally calling it Invicta FC Arena. ;)

Lina Lansberg is out of her fight against Leslie Smith at UFC Glasgow. She will be replaced by Jungle Fight's 135Ibs champ Amanda "Amandinha" Lemos (6-0-1). UFC sure like to raid Jungle Fight a lot lol (Correia, Pacheco, Almeida, Ribas and now Lemos - Kinda hope Polyana Viana makes it someday).

Still rooting for Leslie to take the W!

BTW Lansberg vs. Smith is the 6th cancelled women's fight of 2017 (I dunno if that's relevant to anyone but I thought it would be interesting info, I kinda keep track of all this stuff on a doc with all the results and stuff too) -

1. Sara McMann vs. Liz Carmouche (Carmouche Injury)
2. Amanda Cooper vs. Aleksandra Albu (Albu Injury)
3. Lina Lansberg vs. Veronica Macedo (Macedo Injury)
4. JJ Aldrich vs. Nadia Kassem (Kassem Injury)
5. Juliana Lima vs. Amanda Ribas (Ribas USADA Violation)
6. Leslie Smith vs. Lina Lansberg (Lansberg Injury)

I've thought Torres was ranked way too high, great opportunity for Lima. Surprised Tecia took the fight to tell the truth.
I've felt kind of the opposite, not that she is ranked too low but she tends to be underrated by fans since she's such a non-finisher - like how people often act like Rose is vastly better than her but both their fights were close, and it seems more due to Rose being more dynamic than her being much better head to head or likely to beat many other fighters Tecia couldn't. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Torres could beat some fighters ranked above her like KK or Andrade (if she mainly struck with her) by doing her usual point fighting.

Bellator might have themselves a star if they can get things ironed out with DiBella.

Someone told me Lou did an interview today and looks like things were ironed out. Sad for boxing that Heather is getting more money to debut in MMA than a boxing title defense

Always trying to shit on my parade. Why? You can't deny Randa has gotten better since then/improved more. Odds are in her favor.

Tecia hasn't even beat a top 10er in the UFC unlike Randa(though she could be argued the W over Rose). & of course, Randa beat her when she was worse than she is now.

Randa has also fought tougher comp than Tecia.

No, not really. I am not much impressed by either, and it seems to me that Randa has improved less than you think. Just an opinion, though. I do not find either all that impressive. Sure, I thought TT fight with Rose could have gone either way, but Rose is another that does not have a complete game.

"So far it's been a great day! Made it to best Rehab Facility in the nation. Thank you all for your positive messages and all of your donations. I will walk again, that'll be my next post! Love you guys."- Grace Cleveland

19420405_716451098556520_8929052657880452083_n.jpg

Hope she's able to make a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back