Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Kish/Herrig fight should display a bit more offense. I think Felice out works Kish, who winds up too much on many kicks to suit me.

With the judging tonight I hope we don't get to the cards. I foresee Kish getting another decision she doesn't deserve.

Looking at kish after where pre UFC performances and looks, she clearly looks to have shrunk body wise and in strength. Felice looks really good lately though.

Kish needs this 125 division IMO, her weigh ins are painful to look at. It must take a lot out of her.

Oh, and head movement.

Looking at kish after where pre UFC performances and looks, she clearly looks to have shrunk body wise and in strength. Felice looks really good lately though.
I wonder if it's USADA, age, or the no IV rule. Either way, she still needs a grappling and boxing coach. I like Kish vs Moroz.

Felice looks good, but I don't know what's next for her. KK would be fun, but it's not likely based on their recent records. Herrig/Casey might be fun however.

I could see them going with the KK fight. And I think Felice could take it to her.

Kish needs to have a reevaluation moment much like Felice had recently.

I wonder if it's USADA, age, or the no IV rule. Either way, she still needs a grappling and boxing coach. I like Kish vs Moroz.

Felice looks good, but I don't know what's next for her. KK would be fun, but it's not likely based on their recent records. Herrig/Casey might be fun however.

Severian proposed that match up as well, and like I said in response to his post, while I hate to see either fighter take an L, it's hard to say no to a match up between two fighters who always look to bring it and go for the finish.

I could see them going with the KK fight. And I think Felice could take it to her.

Kish needs to have a reevaluation moment much like Felice had recently.

I don't think Kish's mental game needs work like Herrig's did. I think she just needs to learn to rely less on her physical strength, and develop her technique.

Another good performance by Felice, Kish is physically strong but the ground game of Felice was superior. I was surprised to see Kish escape that RNC.

Is it just me or does Muroz have ineffective striking? Has last couple of performances haven't lived up to the promise she showed early. Carla avoided any major strikes and did a good job in securing takedowns.

Looks like it's time to start pushing for Randa Markos vs Michelle Waterson, eh @Drake ?

Another heartbreaker fight.
I guess so.

UFC wont make a sensible match up though. They'll probably do the Moroz fight anyways or let her break Felice's arm this time in a rematch... :D
Which wouldn't be the worst since they're hyping her so hard right now. Her streak consists of two overrated fighters & the prospect/awkwardly hesitant when they fought, Grasso. Not sold on Felice's "comeback" just yet. But definitely a good performance tonight.

Felice looked great last night, really happy she won, Justine was tough as hell though (Was scared she would get the nod after the 2nd round but I think round 3 solidified Felice as the victor).

I'd love to see Felice vs. Cortney Casey, Esparza vs. KH and Moroz vs. Kish.

Man, I really didn't think Carla deserved to get the decision against Moroz.

Moroz was winning most - if not all - of the stand up and she was pressuring way more. Even though she wasn't doing much damage, she still done more damage than Carla did once she got the takedowns. And its not like Carla was getting her down at the start of each round. It was usually a bit after halfway.

Moroz was winning most - if not all - of the stand up and she was pressuring way more. Even though she wasn't doing much damage, she still done more damage than Carla did once she got the takedowns. And its not like Carla was getting her down at the start of each round. It was usually a bit after halfway.
New rules, I think you have a better case here... Old rules...not so much.

& I say that as a Carla hater.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
it would have been a brutal robbery under any ruleset. Moroz did nothing to win the fight AT ALL. Carla did something, at least.
at best Moroz narrowly edged the standup, wasn't clear at all IMO, and 'pressuring way more'? nope.
on the bottom she did nothing and she was stalling like crazy in the last two rounds. New rules rewarding damage and not just TDs are OK but you have to recognise when the person on bottom is the one responsible for nothing happening (and therefore award the rounds to the person on top).

if this was the heavies it'd be more flameworthy but as it is.... turrible
<1>

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
it would have been a brutal robbery under any ruleset. Moroz did nothing to win the fight AT ALL. Carla did something, at least.
at best Moroz narrowly edged the standup, wasn't clear at all IMO, and 'pressuring way more'? nope.
on the bottom she did nothing and she was stalling like crazy in the last two rounds. New rules rewarding damage and not just TDs are OK but you have to recognise when the person on bottom is the one responsible for nothing happening (and therefore award the rounds to the person on top).

if this was the heavies it'd be more flameworthy but as it is.... turrible
<1>

Not even that sure what the new rules are exactly. But still, I dunno. It was just a bad fight. It's not like I think Moroz smashed her or anything. I just felt like even when Carla had her down she still wasn't doing anything but holding her.

I felt like it all just came down Moroz being a tad more effective with her strikes, but even that I don't consider to be some blowout.

And what the fuck happened to Carla on the feet? Every time she gets hit now this worried look comes over her face. It's as if she mentally teleports back to the JJ fight or something. She never used to be like that.

IMO number one contender match between Rose and Felice. I can't have Rose getting a Championship fight on a 1 fight win streak(especially with a 6 and 3 record) and that is where it looks like the UFC is heading.

IMO number one contender match between Rose and Felice. I can't have Rose getting a Championship fight on a 1 fight win streak(especially with a 6 and 3 record) and that is where it looks like the UFC is heading.

It's amazing how hyped fighters get when they win and how shit upon when they lose.

Giving Herrig a top 5 fight right now is a little premature, I think.

It's amazing how hyped fighters get when they win and how shit upon when they lose.

Giving Herrig a top 5 fight right now is a little premature, I think.
Same here. Happened to Moroz when she lost to Letourneau after she beat JoJo (Remember everyone thinking she would be the one to beat Joanna). Once she lost to Val everyone was like she's nowhere near Joanna's level and then her fight against Danielle Taylor really had people going off on her.

I'd like Felice to fight Cortney Casey, rankings wise it makes sense (I think Felice will take the #10 rank from Moroz or overtake Paige and move to #12). If she wins that fight, maybe go on to fight a top 10'er (She did call out Michelle after the Grasso fight) and then perhaps a title eliminator against a fighter that has been built up like she has. I think they need to take it slow with Herrig, it's working pretty nicely at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back