Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underdogs prevailed last night. Was so happy for Moras, especially to get a finish and was surprised by the result of McMann vs. Vieira, was bummed about Nunes vs. Shev but in the end I'm just glad we have a new face in the title mix with Ketlen Vieira.

I 100% expect AES to fall off of rankings and Sarah replaces her taking her #15 spot. (TBH Leslie should be #15, but she should higher than that already, goes to show why UFC rankings stay garbage). Vieira will most likely break T10 and take #6 bumping McMann down a few spots, sucks for Sara because now she has to climb back up again, thought she was really close to a TS with a win here but Vieira ended up winning instead.

Fights I wanna next:
Sarah Moras vs. Bethe Correia
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Gina Mazany
Ketlen Vieira vs. Julianna Pena (or Raquel Pennington, or Alexis Davis)
Sara McMann vs. Katlyn Chookagian (or Liz Carmouche)
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Germaine de Randamie
Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington

Knowing UFC, they'll probably promote TF outta Holm and have her fight for the belt next, which in that case I'll have no interest in watching the fight. If a win over Bethe Correia gets you a TS then give Leslie that fight already.

I think Vieira's gonna KK it and snatch a title eliminator against Pennington next.

Last edited:
Also shouldn't someone start a new thread? All the fights in the opening post have now happened.

could be, but that's not who I am talking about

I don't think Ana Julaton had been officially signed yet, so maybe her?

Hope they just give Heather Hardy progressively more grappling experienced boxers. Next up after Julaton is Emiko Raika, then final boss Simone Duarte.

I don't think Ana Julaton had been officially signed yet, so maybe her?

Hope they just give Heather Hardy progressively more grappling experienced boxers. Next up after Julaton is Emiko Raika, then final boss Simone Duarte.
Would they really make an announcement for Ana Julaton? That would just seem like a waste of everyone's time.

Underdogs prevailed last night. Was so happy for Moras, especially to get a finish and was surprised by the result of McMann vs. Vieira, was bummed about Nunes vs. Shev but in the end I'm just glad we have a new face in the title mix with Ketlen Vieira.

I 100% expect AES to fall off of rankings and Sarah replaces her taking her #15 spot. (TBH Leslie should be #15, but she should higher than that already, goes to show why UFC rankings stay garbage). Vieira will most likely break T10 and take #6 bumping McMann down a few spots, sucks for Sara because now she has to climb back up again, thought she was really close to a TS with a win here but Vieira ended up winning instead.

Fights I wanna next:
Sarah Moras vs. Bethe Correia
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Gina Mazany
Ketlen Vieira vs. Julianna Pena (or Raquel Pennington, or Alexis Davis)
Sara McMann vs. Katlyn Chookagian (or Liz Carmouche)
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Germaine de Randamie
Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington

Knowing UFC, they'll probably promote TF outta Holm and have her fight for the belt next, which in that case I'll have no interest in watching the fight. If a win over Bethe Correia gets you a TS then give Leslie that fight already.

I think Vieira's gonna KK it and snatch a title eliminator against Pennington next.
I was surprised when AES kept staying in Sarahs guard after finding out exactly how flexible she was. Once Sarah got back to guard it seems way more dangerous for AES than it did for Moras. I know AES is a wrestler but you have to take a risk assessment of the situation even if you are most comfortable there.

Ketlen Vieira really showed me something. Sara McMann is a pretty good gate keeper. She will lose to top fighters and completely embarrass you if you are not a top fighter. All the skills she used to beat Sara McMann tells me she is probably near the top of the division. Now I am interested to see just how good she is.

When dealing with who should fight for the title next there's only 3 options are Pennington, Pena and Ketlen Vieira. Right now, I am thinking Pena/Pennington for a title eliminator. Give Ketlen one more fight and if she wins will be the title challenger after. Ketlen vs Holm would be an interesting next fight and could set up the 2nd title challenger. Cat needs to fight a can. She been too inactive to be thrown in there with a top contender right away again. Sorry, I kinda turned this reply into my thoughts on how the 135 division should be ran in the near future.

When dealing with who should fight for the title next there's only 3 options are Pennington, Pena and Ketlen Vieira. Right now, I am thinking Pena/Pennington for a title eliminator. Give Ketlen one more fight and if she wins will be the title challenger after. Ketlen vs Holm would be an interesting next fight and could set up the 2nd title challenger. Cat needs to fight a can. She been too inactive to be thrown in there with a top contender right away again. Sorry, I kinda turned this reply into my thoughts on how the 135 division should be ran in the near future.
It's fine! I was actually hoping someone would give their view on it. I was thinking more Holm vs. Pena but I like the idea of Pennington vs. Pena also. I didn't think about Vieira vs. Holm mainly because of Holm's interest to fight Cyborg, but Cyborg getting a boxing licence says otherwise so I'm not sure, sounds like a very intriguing match up to me. I agree on Zingano needing to fight someone outside of the T10-15, though I wouldn't mind seeing her vs. Davis. Zingano vs. Bernardo perhaps? Lemos?

My guessing with Andrea Lee is she most
likely has a contract with Legacy coming
up and she isn't renewing it so she most
likely fights at Invicta where she signed a
6 fight deal prior to the Liz Tracy fight back
in the month of may.

Would they really make an announcement for Ana Julaton? That would just seem like a waste of everyone's time.

Yeah, you're probably right unless the announcement is tied directly to Hardy's next fight.

Not surprised that McMann lost.

Happy for Moras.

Happy for Nunes as well.

How on earth two judges had Nunes winning the fight? She won one round.

I didn't know Kaitlin Young did muay thai but if she
is successful at it at least she has something going
for her since Invicta most likely doesn't pay the bills
for her.

How on earth two judges had Nunes winning the fight? She won one round.

Depends on how you score the fifth, IMO. I had them even going into it, and the minute Nunes landed on top of Val, well, my wife heard me cursing from another room in the house. No, Amanda did not do much from the top, but she had position and even though you supposedly must do something or a takedown does not actually count, judges always seem to award position and control (technically, I suppose, superior position counts as octagon control, but I despise that criterion just like I despise it in BJJ tournaments. Hell, any more I cannot even watch a BJJ tourney. Someone tried to jump guard on me and I would punch him right in the nuts).

Depends on how you score the fifth, IMO. I had them even going into it, and the minute Nunes landed on top of Val, well, my wife heard me cursing from another room in the house. No, Amanda did not do much from the top, but she had position and even though you supposedly must do something or a takedown does not actually count, judges always seem to award position and control (technically, I suppose, superior position counts as octagon control, but I despise that criterion just like I despise it in BJJ tournaments. Hell, any more I cannot even watch a BJJ tourney. Someone tried to jump guard on me and I would punch him right in the nuts).

giphy.gif

I'm surprised that Sarah Kaufman didn't consider
Invicta do to the fact that she could have gotten
on 1 or 2 cards considering how they book cards
at times.

I'm surprised that Sarah Kaufman didn't consider
Invicta do to the fact that she could have gotten
on 1 or 2 cards considering how they book cards
at times.

I wonder about her reasoning and/or management. Often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back