Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to Raquel Pennington on "The MMA Hour Live" with Ariel Helwani:
  • Talks about why she's been out for so long (had three surgeries, now back and ready to fight again).
  • Talks about Nunes vs. Shev 2 (thought Nunes won, thinks neither really went at it, wasn't impressed with either).
  • Believes she is the number one contender to the title (and rightfully so).
  • Ariel asked if the UFC had told her she was next in line for a title shot and she replied with "it's in the talks".
  • Is fine with Nunes getting surgery on her nose before fighting her for the belt.
  • December is around the time she wants to come back but she said she'll be cool if the UFC want to give her a fight earlier or later than that.
Considering Nunes is likely out till surgery. I'm hoping we get Rocky vs. Ketlen or Rocky vs. Julianna next. Winner of either of those fights gets Nunes next.

Depends on how you score the fifth, IMO.

I had already given up before the fifth (when I thought Val had pretty clearly won rounds 2-4) and then when Nunes did that takedown and proceed to lose the fifth, I knew there was no chance in hell the belt would be changing hands.

My Korean skills aren't very good, but the second time TFC's IG page has posted this picture of Weili Zhang and mentioning the UFC in the past 2 weeks. Looks like her signing is imminent.

My Korean skills aren't very good, but the second time TFC's IG page has posted this picture of Weili Zhang and mentioning the UFC in the past 2 weeks. Looks like her signing is imminent.

Let's hope so.

If Zhang does goes to UFC who would you wanna see her debut against ?

Tecia Torres. Somebody who can control a pace and where the fight takes place. Zhang has fought some good people, but nobody really has had the wrestling to stop her once she decides she wants to finish on the ground.

I just listened to Raquel Pennington on "The MMA Hour Live" with Ariel Helwani:
  • Talks about why she's been out for so long (had three surgeries, now back and ready to fight again).
  • Talks about Nunes vs. Shev 2 (thought Nunes won, thinks neither really went at it, wasn't impressed with either).
  • Believes she is the number one contender to the title (and rightfully so).
  • Ariel asked if the UFC had told her she was next in line for a title shot and she replied with "it's in the talks".
  • Is fine with Nunes getting surgery on her nose before fighting her for the belt.
  • December is around the time she wants to come back but she said she'll be cool if the UFC want to give her a fight earlier or later than that.
Considering Nunes is likely out till surgery. I'm hoping we get Rocky vs. Ketlen or Rocky vs. Julianna next. Winner of either of those fights gets Nunes next.
i like rocky, but she would lose handily to both nunes and shevchenko

If Zhang does goes to UFC who would you wanna see her debut against ?
I wouldn't mind seeing her fighting someone at the lower end of rankings at 115. 115 needs some fresh blood and Zhang clearly has the skills to make an impression, wouldn't want her put in the deep end in her first fight.

She can also fight at 125, i'd probably pick her to beat most of the fighters on TUF.

Miriam Nakamoto's post from yesterday :

-------------------------------------------

Wish I could be a fly on the wall here:

Last edited:
It's been 3 3/4 years since Nakamoto injured her knee against Lauren Murphy. Seems like something didn't go right with the operation and/or her rehab. She's now 41 years old. But Couture fought in his 40's.

It's been 3 3/4 years since Nakamoto injured her knee against Lauren Murphy. Seems like something didn't go right with the operation and/or her rehab. She's now 41 years old. But Couture fought in his 40's.

She also had serious financial issues.

She also had serious financial issues.

Oh, man. I assume she has some sort of career to fall back on as she probably isn't likely to make a bunch of dough fighting in the next couple years. Pro fighters are crazy. Talk about a labor of love. They remind me of non-famous comedians. They run themselves through the wringer while barely scraping by. MMA is entertaining, but I'm sure glad it's not my chosen career.

DJbnwsjW0AAsAz3.jpg

Anissa Haddaoui is Kerry Hughes' replacement.

Valentina Shevchenko moves to flyweight!! now things are starting to look up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back