Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronda Rousey was just like ‘every other bride,’ says dress designer

Rousey-wedding.jpg

Jozette Cotton beat Sarah Patterson to win the 155 pound belt. It was a very bloody fight, the just bleed gods would've been proud. I personally scored it a draw.

So.. Reneau finishes Bernardo in the last seconds of the third round. Bernardo pretty much gave up her back and from there Marion got to work, both of their ground games are very good, sucks Bernardo gassed out, really wanted to see more competitive grappling like the first but I actually enjoyed the fight, some really good scrambles, just wished Marion was more aggressive with her striking because that's where I think she was winning the most.

I say set her up against the winner of Evans-Smith vs. Moras, or the loser of McMann vs. Vieira. I really just wanna see Marion vs. AES 2 so that Marion can beat her again and this time actually get the nod from the judges and not be robbed like last time because of a dumb mistake.

As for Bernardo, AES vs. Moras loser or Amanda Lemos.

Last edited:
So.. Reneau finishes Bernardo in the last seconds of the third round. Bernardo pretty much gave up her back and from there Marion got to work, both of their ground games are very good, sucks Bernardo gassed out, really wanted to see more competitive grappling like the first but I actually enjoyed the fight, some really good scrambles, just wished Marion was more aggressive with her striking because that's where I think she was winning the most.

I say set her up against the winner of Evans-Smith vs. Moras, or the loser of McMann vs. Vieira. I really just wanna see Marion vs. AES 2 so that Marion can beat her again and this time actually get the nod from the judges and not be robbed like last time because of a dumb mistake.

As for Bernardo, AES vs. Moras loser or Amanda Lemos.
Bernardo is better than I thought she was, so there is that. I like her vs Moras/AES loser, or maybe vs Ji Yeon Kim.. I'd like to see Lemos fight Lansberg, maybe.

The UFC will likely sign quite a few bantamweights soon, after 125 opens and people move down (I assume), so people like Kim, Lemos, and Bernardo may just fight newcomers too.

Lanchana Green vs. Bryrony Tyrell was a draw.

Don't see any rock solid sources yet, but an asian-centric mma person on my twitter is saying UFC signed Yan Xiaonan.

Best wedding photo:
Cf_U6_-6_UUAApg_Vm.jpg

Don't see any rock solid sources yet, but an asian-centric mma person on my twitter is saying UFC signed Yan Xiaonan.
I heard they're interested in Zhang too apparently, would be a big signing IMO. I guess they want Xiaonan on the Shanghai card?

Apparently if you're a white male aged 18-35, and you're a UFC fan, you're racist

Note a lot of inconsistencies.

Best wedding photo:
Cf_U6_-6_UUAApg_Vm.jpg
Interesting. I was wondering why she hadn't fought for Road FC in almost a year. She was pretty pissed when her last fight was ruled a NC instead of a win for her.

I think it is starting to become obvious that Nicco Montano beat Barb to fight for the Belt. She is clearly the most promoted out of all the girls and we already know she is 1 of the last 4. She was on the news channel interview, She was on TUF Talk when she had nothing to do with the episode and she is also on UFC Unfiltered. This seems like an unknown fighter is about to fight for the belt and they are trying to promote her without being too obvious about it like how Dana usually promotes. I am guessing she won all her fights but they were boring or else Dana would have been trying to promote her like he did Rose on TUF20.

I think it is starting to become obvious that Nicco Montano beat Barb to fight for the Belt. She is clearly the most promoted out of all the girls and we already know she is 1 of the last 4. She was on the news channel interview, She was on TUF Talk when she had nothing to do with the episode and she is also on UFC Unfiltered. This seems like an unknown fighter is about to fight for the belt and they are trying to promote her without being too obvious about it like how Dana usually promotes. I am guessing she won all her fights but they were boring or else Dana would have been trying to promote her like he did Rose on TUF20.

As I said they used Yoder a lot on Fox for Tuf 23, not saying you're wrong though, Gaethje did say on Unfiltered that whoever seeded her at 14 got it wrong, perhaps he shouldn't have let that slip out.

I came across this a little while ago.

Jie Miao vs. Mona Samir - (ONE Championship: Shanghai) - (2017.09.02) -

I came across this a little while ago.

Jie Miao vs. Mona Samir - (ONE Championship: Shanghai) - (2017.09.02) -

Good find. I wish ONE would make it easier to view past bouts.

Speaking of ONE, Angela Lee vs. Mei Yamaguchi 2 for the title has been set for ONE: Immortal Pursuit on the 24th of November 2017 in Singapore.

I hope they bring in Liliya Shakirov soon, would like to see her fights, she recently defeated Na Liang (Bellator 125'er) via decision at a WLF event in China.

Speaking of ONE, Angela Lee vs. Mei Yamaguchi 2 for the title has been set for ONE: Immortal Pursuit on the 24th of November 2017 in Singapore.

I hope they bring in Liliya Shakirov soon, would like to see her fights, she recently defeated Na Liang (Bellator 125'er) via decision at a WLF event in China.
They've officially run out of opponents for her. Nothing against v.v. Mei, but she's 1-2 in her last three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back