Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've officially run out of opponents for her. Nothing against v.v. Mei, but she's 1-2 in her last three.
They should honestly get Jomary Torres back in there soon. I'd set up Torres vs. Miao, hence why I also said they should bring in Shakirov who is 3-0 and has only fought under the WLF banner in China.

They've officially run out of opponents for her. Nothing against v.v. Mei, but she's 1-2 in her last three.
It would never happen but Angela Lee vs Rena would be cool just to see Sakakibara and Victor Cui have a heart attack seeing their sugar baby take a loss.

Speaking of ONE, Angela Lee vs. Mei Yamaguchi 2 for the title has been set for ONE: Immortal Pursuit on the 24th of November 2017 in Singapore.

I hope they bring in Liliya Shakirov soon, would like to see her fights, she recently defeated Na Liang (Bellator 125'er) via decision at a WLF event in China.

The promoter said this fight is arguably the most anticipated rematch in the history of martial arts in Asia.

giphy.gif

Speaking of ONE, Angela Lee vs. Mei Yamaguchi 2 for the title has been set for ONE: Immortal Pursuit on the 24th of November 2017 in Singapore.

I hope they bring in Liliya Shakirov soon, would like to see her fights, she recently defeated Na Liang (Bellator 125'er) via decision at a WLF event in China.

I was a little surprised to see Mei getting another shot at Lee last night. I decided to watch their first fight again.

I'll post a few items on Shakrirov. Not complete fights. I'm not sure if you've seen them or not.

I'm not sure if the media will take. Maybe just links.

YouTube of the first one. I think the first link is slightly different.

https://ok.ru/video/269576045952

https://ok.ru/video/273891657179

Other item not MMA but on Shakirova.

More recent, relatively speaking, wrestling.

Last edited:
Coincidentally I'd been looking over Liliya Shakirov's record last night and decided to look at another Lilya's recent fights.

I'm not sure if they have been posted but I'll put them up.

Most recent on top to oldest on bottom.

Spoilerish for last fight.
I have mixed feelings on this being a draw. Felt Kazak won but it was close. Those knockdowns from the first and second round ought to have helped her win the fight. Even making a mistake in trying for the armbar in the second after taking her opponents' back and losing position she still stifled the top game of her opponent and the fighters resumed on their feet.

Gutsy fight.

--
From the recent Ladies Fight Night. More are out there but I decided to post Sylwia Juśkiewicz's due to her Rizin stint coming up.

--
Lena Ovchynnikova has hinted she has an announcement soon. Probably a fight. She tends to hashtag #Bellator frequently but it was there again with an indication of USA too. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Coincidentally I'd been looking over Liliya Shakirov's record last night and decided to look at another Lilya's recent fights.

I'm not sure if they have been posted but I'll put them up.

Most recent on top to oldest on bottom.

Spoilerish for last fight.
I have mixed feelings on this being a draw. Felt Kazak won but it was close. Those knockdowns from the first and second round ought to have helped her win the fight. Even making a mistake in trying for the armbar in the second after taking her opponents' back and losing position she still stifled the top game of her opponent and the fighters resumed on their feet.

Gutsy fight.

--
From the recent Ladies Fight Night. More are out there but I decided to post Sylwia Juśkiewicz's due to her Rizin stint coming up.

--
Lena Ovchynnikova has hinted she has an announcement soon. Probably a fight. She tends to hashtag #Bellator frequently but it was there again with an indication of USA too. I guess we'll see.

The first two opponents of Joanna's pro mma career and both still going strong.

I was a little surprised to see Mei getting another shot at Lee last night. I decided to watch their first fight again.

I'll post a few items on Shakrirov. Not complete fights. I'm not sure if you've seen them or not.

I'm not sure if the media will take. Maybe just links.

YouTube of the first one. I think the first link is slightly different.

https://ok.ru/video/269576045952

https://ok.ru/video/273891657179

Other item not MMA but on Shakirova.

More recent, relatively speaking, wrestling.

Thanks!! I've been trying to hunt down her fights for a while now. They've got a ton of WLF stuff here, but sadly it's geoblocked - http://www.hntv.tv/public/search.shtml?search_con+textfield=武林风
http://www.hntv.tv/public/search.shtml?search_con+textfield=武林风

Also thank you very much for some of Kazak's fights. I've been trying to find her earlier ones in Oplot too, really intriguing fighter to me, same for Svetlana Gotsyk of Ukraine.

Thanks!! I've been trying to hunt down her fights for a while now. They've got a ton of WLF stuff here, but sadly it's geoblocked - http://www.hntv.tv/public/search.shtml?search_con+textfield=武林风
http://www.hntv.tv/public/search.shtml?search_con+textfield=武林风

Also thank you very much for some of Kazak's fights. I've been trying to find her earlier ones in Oplot too, really intriguing fighter to me, same for Svetlana Gotsyk of Ukraine.

You are welcome. I'm happy to help. I thought I could get one of her complete fights but when I clicked on a page I couldn't find it. Oh well, maybe next time.

Agreed on Kazak and Gotsyk. I have been interested in Kazak for some time. She has fought some tough fighters. And you are welcome again.

(Edited to add) I used to have links to all of Oplot's old fights. I might be able to find a few of them. Kazak's fight with Lena O is probably easy to find just with searching but her fight with Anna Bezhenar is probably harder to find. Both fun fights.

--
Askafan - Yep. I was thinking about that too last night.

--
I was interested in seeing how Valerie Aspaas*' pro debut would go against Kerri Kenneson and how Kenneson's second pro fight would go against Aspass' as she has a pretty decent ammy career. (Same with Kenneson.) Kenneson's pro debut was against a 3-0 fighter in Jennifer Norris herself at bantamweight.

Below fought at flyweight.

*Aspaas - Ammy wins against solid ammy opponents with good records but losses against tough opponents like Andrea K Lee, Kaitlyn Chookagian, and Courtney King*, all by decision.

* Had Colby on my mind.

Last edited:
Kazak vs. Lena O

Kazak vs. Bezhenar

Gotsyka vs. Denisova (2015) You might have seen this one.

I've seen other Gotsyka (I think) fight from 2016 not listed on most (all?) fight finders. I want to check it over some more. It could be an older fight, an ammy fight from long ago, or something else. Very grainy. Gotsyka's name is reversed but that is not uncommon. The images of the fighter looks like her but at distance and grainy, Hrm. Who knows.

Here is another one that is really hard to tell. Not as bad as the one I haven't posted.

The event space reminds me of some fights I've seen years ago now. Several Oplot fighters fought in that location during this time period.

--

On not so good news I read earlier today that Sarah Kaufman and Antonina Shevchenko have likely lost their respective opponents. That sucks. Hopefully they each find a late replacement.

--
Completely different topic but this is a fight people used to look for all of the time. Now I just ran into it. I'd seen part of it before, first round, but it was subsequently put behind a privacy wall. I have another story about this fight and looking for it for someone but I'll not get into it here and now.

--

Another item.

Cotton vs. Patterson at 155lbs

https://rutube.ru/video/6835e812ba7acc675ae2323fa2ebe83f/

Probably a linky.

Last edited:
Hopefully a better version of this fight turns up.

Zhang vs. Santos at Kunlun Fight MMA 14

--
Here is another fight from Fight Night Global 71 that Kazak fought in this last July.

Liana Jojua vs. Karina Vasilenko (Bantamweight)

Jojua is 5-2 now. Moves between 135 and 145 lbs. Her last loss was to Nia Liang last year, by 2nd rd sub.

Last edited:
wait jamie thorton getting a title shot after getting ko'd by sabina? wat?

wait jamie thorton getting a title shot after getting ko'd by sabina? wat?

I was about to post about that. Saw that info in one place and decided to double check it at Tapology.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/47912-lfa-23-krantz-vs-nakashima

I think they had a tough time finding an opponent. I know Lee said they had one a few weeks ago and would be announcing but this seems off but for a late replacement for 9-22. Thorton 0-2 in her last two fights. Barbara Acioly, the other person to defeat Thorton recently, was beaten up in her Invicta debut too by Karina Rodriguez.

LFA 23
Andrea Lee vs. Jamie Thorton* (125 title)
Sabina Mazo vs. Linsey Williams (125)

I figure LFA doesn't want to throw Mazo at Lee. UFC going to grab Lee up and LFA will want a decent potential replacement for Lee once she is gone.

* I thought I had seen her listed to fight somewhere this month and just double checked. Gladiator Challenge: Summer Showdown was the promotion. Probably a late replacement.

Last edited:
KGB keeps getting thrown softballs. Weak.

So wait. Thorton lost to Sabina Mazo whose fighting on the same card and she's getting the title shot over Sabina whose at least contender worthy. I get they want to give Lee a winnable fight but she could beat Mazo. It seems like they're just trying to keep her busy until UFC's Flyweight division is up and running which I guess I can't blame them.

Maybe UFC is making up for the time Esquibel got screwed at TUF tryouts. And then screwed again by being fed to KK. Poor girl can't catch a break.

Or maybe they are actually learning to build fighters up a little as well (although I doubt it). KK could use a boost after her last two losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back