Official Women's Division Discussion #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
TUF 26 TODAY!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! WAR ROXY!!!!

Don't miss back-to-back nights of fights with the premiere of #TUF26 TONIGHT on @FS1 + #InvictaFC25 TOMORROW on #UFCFIGHTPASS!
1f44a.png
@shanknapp

There was no thread on the TUF forum announcing that the premiere was tonight so I made this one:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/tuf-26-premieres-tonight-on-fs1.3610933/

It looks like I might be onto something. The 4 women that are missing from that photo did an interview for a Las Vegas news channel on Monday promoting TUF26. That would be too much of a coincidence for it to just randomly happen that way. It would make sense that the ones who make it to the end get more TV time and promotion compared to the rest. Barb also made an appearance on UFC tonight.

More evidence that these 4 are the final 4. Looking at the bracket it would be impossible for these 4 to knock each other off before the end. It also tells us the finale match ups. It would be funny if I post this and then one of them losses instantly meaning I was wrong all along.

Haven't been following the Romanian MMA scene for a while now but I've been researching to get back on track. Diana Belbita picked up a victory at RXF following her defeat to Ariane Lipski at KSW 39, she defeated Morgane Manfredi via Decision at RXF 27. RXF recently announced that Belbita will fight again on the 16th of September, against Iony Razafiarison for the Superior FC Flyweight Championship.

Last edited:
Not only will we be seeing Felice Herrig vs. Cortney Casey at UFC 218 in Detroit on Dec. 2, but Amanda Bobby Cooper says she is also scheduled to fight on that card, although she hasn't yet revealed who her opponent will be. She is waiting for the official UFC announcement before doing so.

Not only will we be seeing Felice Herrig vs. Cortney Casey at UFC 218 in Detroit on Dec. 2, but Amanda Bobby Cooper says she is also scheduled to fight on that card, although she hasn't yet revealed who her opponent will be. She is waiting for the official UFC announcement before doing so.

Angela Magana.

I didn't even realize that this shit starts tonight.... I forgot I "unfollowed" UFC because of the nonstop boxing shit, haha.

Looking forward to seeing who gets the right to keep Agnieszka's seat warm.
{<diva}

She has one good win in her career.

These female Hawaiian fighters are hard to root for. They all are great people so it makes you want to root for them but they almost always lose during big moments. Kailin is 1-5 in the UFC and should have beat Alex Chambers. Rachael Ostovich is 3 - 3 and should have won her last fight but a late head kick put an end to that. Raquel Pa'aluhi recently has been winning the lower end fights but once she is in a title eliminator or title fight she loses badly. This fight she had the same problem Ronda had. All their take down/throws are from the upper body clinches. Yana and Amanda were clearly bigger and stronger so that was not going to work but they had nothing else to fall back on. Hopefully Rachael wins at least 1 fight on TUF because that's the only thing I got left.

I dont remember anything in the fight to warrant it? Maybe she already deserved it regardless, but seems odd to give it to her right then

I dont remember anything in the fight to warrant it? Maybe she already deserved it regardless, but seems odd to give it to her right then

An odd occasions to hand out a black belt but tbf she has been killing it on the IBJJF circuit. A black belt in less than 5 years is damn impressive.

didnt realise invicta was on, watched the replay, shocked at jacobsons loss, she was tearing it up til the armbar, seemed like she was keen on a quick win and forgot about the armbar.
overall a pretty average card, kunitskaya outsized and outstrengthed paaluhi
weird to see josh rosenthal back in the cage.

didnt realise invicta was on, watched the replay, shocked at jacobsons loss, she was tearing it up til the armbar, seemed like she was keen on a quick win and forgot about the armbar.
overall a pretty average card, kunitskaya outsized and outstrengthed paaluhi
weird to see josh rosenthal back in the cage.

so.... for like 20 seconds? lol

Nice seeing Shannon Sinn pick up a win tonight at LFA 21, decision (30-27x3).

Sinn tends to run hot and cold during fights so I was thinking Collins' style just might be a good thing for Sinn.

Collins has aggression but she needs to develop her game much further. (Been hoping Collins would develop herself over time for a while but I guess she thinks if it works don't mess with it.)

(Edited for musings.)

I noticed this a moment ago. Kaitlin Young, Invicta's matchmaker, former mma competitor, has something going on herself soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back