Official Women's Division Discussion #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The posts here about Invicta FC possibly being in bad financial shape motivated me to make a Patreon pledge. And I expect I'll enjoy the extra access to podcasts and videos that come with it.
Somehow I missed this. It's been open for a month and they only have 8 members, so I'm not the only one! https://www.patreon.com/invictafc

Zingano vs Davis please. Another sort of new breed vs old breed matchup - although Cat is actually older than Davis, but you know what I mean. Strong muscled up athlete who cuts a lot of weight vs Davis who is anything but.
Eh nah... not only is Cat of similar age/older, but they also both started MMA around the same time (especially if you count Cat's ammy MMA fights (but even if not, it'd be only about 1 year difference)).

Your other "fight sort" (athletic vs not-so-athletic) fits much better imo.

Reggae air horns

I just stumbled upon Mei Yamaguchi vs Angela Lee at One Championship 42 . That was an extremely fun match to watch and Angela's record seems impressive at 10-0 when including her amateur record. However, I don't enough about her competition, is she a can crusher or is she someone to keep an eye on in the future as the real deal?

Yamaguchi has been a top five atomweight for a long time, Jenny Huang is a pretty good grappler, and the Polish lady Lee fought doesn't seem bad either. The general complaint against Lee though is that she's only fought people smaller than her (or Egyptian Top Team jobbers), but Lee's upcoming fight is against another big athletic person with a specialized skillset; so it could be her toughest fight.

She's the real deal for sure, but I wouldn't throw her in there with Joanna or Claudia yet.

Last edited:
ATT trying to grab a young "marketable" Russian muy thai fighter/ Dancer/ model and potentially turn her on to MMA

http://www.flocombat.com/article/51065-juli-firso-from-russia-with-love-for-fighting#.WQInxRPyupo

"There is so much to learn and it's all very exciting," Firso said. "Right now I'm doing Muay Thai, kickboxing and BJJ, but I can definitely see MMA in my future. Two years ago I never imagined I'd have a career in fighting, but it's become my passion and I've already come such a long way."

Her in the middle of Tecia and rocky

Check out her instagram, she isn't shy. She even twerks

I've seen some of her muy thai fights, and well, I wouldn't get my hopes up yet.

Older video of her doing pad work at tiger muy thai.

That's enough internets for me today.

Last edited:
Firso is fortunate that her past endeavors opened the doors for her to end up at such a great camp like ATT. Most entering the sport, at her age, arent in any position to train at such a place. She seems to have the right attitude and truly wants to pursue fighting, though. At just 21, she has plenty of time to grow and I wish her the best.

One interesting comment Firso made was about how training in Russia is harder and fighters experience injuries more commonly. I wonder if that has anything to do with Aleksandra Albu's injuries. All her training videos seem really intense.

I wonder if Aspen is going to announce that she has signed with the UFC? I know she's been asking for that on Twitter.

If it was only going to be an announcement that she intends to try out for TUF 26, would there be any reason to wait until May 1st to make the announcement? (TUF 26 try-outs will be on May 23rd.)

Any other ideas what it might be?

I wonder if Aspen is going to announce that she has signed with the UFC? I know she's been asking for that on Twitter.

If it was only going to be an announcement that she intends to try out for TUF 26, would there be any reason to wait until May 1st to make the announcement? (TUF 26 try-outs will be on May 23rd.)

I mean, honestly what else would she be announcing unless it's a title fight. And I hope it's the latter. Invicta really isn't even getting a chance to build talent these days.

I mean, honestly what else would she be announcing unless it's a title fight. And I hope it's the latter. Invicta really isn't even getting a chance to build talent these days.
Hey, guy! Haven't heard from you in ages! :p

How ya doin'? Still working with WSOF or Reebok or whatever? :D

(It's HI by the way.)

She's probably talking about this:

Was keen to see Eye vs Murphy but this is a good fight for Ladd, she should beat Eye.

She's probably talking about this:

Was keen to see Eye vs Murphy but this is a good fight for Ladd, she should beat Eye.

Thanks for solving the mystery and letting us know!

Even if another loss might end Eye's stay in the UFC, I can't root against Ladd. And as for her chances against Eye, I certainly feel more confident seeing Ladd matched against Eye rather than I would be if she was matched against Evinger.

Again, conditioning work but no skill training. Followed by completely stupid shit. Is she even bright enough to realize why she keeps getting her ass beat?

Hope that Ladd sends Eye on her way... No idea why they didn't just make the Murphy fight though. There was already build up on that.

Hope that Ladd sends Eye on her way... No idea why they didn't just make the Murphy fight though. There was already build up on that.

Agree. They had a beef, which seems to matter more than anything, including rankings, record and skill.

ladd is goin to sub eye within two rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back