RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs KSI / Logan Paul vs Dillon Danis Discussion 10/14 DAZN PPV

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
sddefault.jpg

Influencer boxing is back in a big way on Saturday night in England. Two of the innovators of this new craze are in action this weekend for one of the most anticipated events of the year in this space. KSI is back in action when he takes on reality TV star Tommy Fury. Plus, Logan Paul competes for the first time in two years when he takes on mixed martial artist Dillon Danis. It all goes down from the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England on Saturday night.

Fury, brother of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, is coming off the biggest win of his career, defeating Jake Paul by split decision in February. He now looks to add another win over an influencer to his resume, though it's still somewhat unclear whether the fight will be a professional bout or an exhibition.

The fight was originally listed as an exhibition as it will not be sanctioned by the British Boxing Board of Control, but the bout listing was recently changed to professional on BoxRec.

After his fight with KSI, Paul fought one more time, being carried for eight rounds in an exhibition with Floyd Mayweather Jr. His main focus in the combat sports world has been as a special attraction for WWE, where he has become a surprising hit as a talented wrestler.

Danis has been antagonizing Paul with insulting social media posts about Paul's fiancee, Nina Agdal. This led to Agdal acquiring a restraining order against Danis.

Danis is an accomplished grappler who was viewed as a potential star in mixed martial arts. Unfortunately, Danis only fought twice as a pro, winning Bellator fights in 2018 and 2019. He has since developed a reputation for pulling out of fights, including a planned January boxing fight with KSI.

KSI vs. Fury viewing information
  • Date: Oct. 14 | Start time: 2 p.m. ET (main events around 5 p.m. ET)
  • How to watch: DAZN PPV ($54.99)
https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...ht-card-rumors-date-ppv-price-complete-guide/

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...x-series-supercard/19xig5tehrgbj11n253qw9clnt

THEME

They probably shouldnt do this fight,after that happened,but I dont think they expected to slot Perry in for Logan,instead of for Danis. That probably would sell alot less,but be great,cos Plats is must see TV.

No we don't and you should be ashamed as a grown-ass man to follow everything dumb teenagers do on social media for clout.
I dont follow it. It just happened to appear in some feed. I dont care about this fight at all,and havent been paying any attention to it,other than Perry's involvment. I did think this bit was highly entertaining though and am curious if the fight will happen now.

No we don't and you should be ashamed as a grown-ass man to follow everything dumb teenagers do on social media for clout.
they're fighters bud. This is a fight. It's the same kind of circus you see during the lead up of any fight. In this case, the buildup has been pretty crazy..dude literally might have gave him a concussion by hitting him with a mic

Come on bro. Do you even watch fights?

Throwing shade at people on a fight forum for enjoying the buildup to fights because your panties are in a knot about him being an influencer.

they're fighters bud. This is a fight. It's the same kind of circus you see during the lead up of any fight. In this case, the buildup has been pretty crazy..dude literally might have gave him a concussion by hitting him with a mic

Come on bro. Do you even watch fights?

Throwing shade at people on a fight forum for enjoying the buildup to fights because your panties are in a knot about him being an influencer.

These staged build ups have been drip feeding "zomg DRAMA" to simps for week after week. It's a soap opera for tweens and zoomers. The difference you miss between the two is that one ends in a legit fight between to skilled and tough fighters and this ends in two youtubers puffing and flailing and largely failing. Which is fine as a random time filler on youtube but a massive dupe as a PPV.

These staged build ups have been drip feeding "zomg DRAMA" to simps for week after week. It's a soap opera for tweens and zoomers. The difference you miss between the two is that one ends in a legit fight between to skilled and tough fighters and this ends in two youtubers puffing and flailing and largely failing. Which is fine as a random time filler on youtube but a massive dupe as a PPV.
I think you have a hard time differentiating between fake and real. If you think Dillon throwing a metal mic with sharp edges in Logans face which cut him open and made him bleed was staged, you have a problem.

To me it's no different than what combat sports has been doing since day 1. This has always been entertainment and the circus, psychological warfare is part of the game.

So the idea that it's entertainment for gen Z, nah. Every generation, old and young gets invested in the dance before war.

Most pre fight drama is fake. And it's glaringly fake.

Conversely, this stuff is actually getting real. Danis is getting sued. Logan had serious hate in his eyes and said he's gonna ruin his life. Danis hits him with a full on microphone and probably gave him a small concussion.

As far as pre fight hype goes, this is way better than most. I'd go as far as saying this beef has more legitimacy behind it now than most ufc fights.

If you don't like that aspect of the fight game then fine. But nobody needs to hear you whine about it.

I think you have a hard time differentiating between fake and real. If you think Dillon throwing a metal mic with sharp edges in Logans face which cut him open and made him bleed was staged, you have a problem.
Most pre fight shit is fake

This is one of the few fights where there's actually some real shit going down

To me it's no different than what combat sports has been doing since day 1. This has always been entertainment and the circus, psychological warfare is part of the game.

So the idea that it's entertainment for gen Z, nah. Every generation, old and young gets invested in the dance before war.

Most pre fight drama is fake. And it's glaringly fake.

Conversely, this stuff is actually getting real. Danis is getting sued. Logan had serious hate in his eyes and said he's gonna ruin his life. Danis hits him with a full on microphone and probably gave him a small concussion.

As far as pre fight hype goes, this is way better than most. I'd go as far as saying this beef has more legitimacy behind it now than most ufc fights.

If you don't like that aspect of the fight game then fine. But nobody needs to hear you whine about it.

Congratulations on completely missing my point about social media junk or "dance before war" (lol) and the resulting quality of fight coming afterward. As I said in this case, a whole bunch of carefully choreographed hoopla for a couple of no skill actor/entertainers selling a PPV for a youtube level bumfight.

If you love drama, great follow their SM. Watch WWE or whatever. Just don't get salty when people lol at you for taking it seriously "dance before war" guy.

Congratulations on completely missing my point about social media junk or "dance before war" (lol) and the resulting quality of fight coming afterward. As I said in this case, a whole bunch of carefully choreographed hoopla for a couple of no skill actor/entertainers selling a PPV for a youtube level bumfight.

If you love drama, great follow their SM. Watch WWE or whatever. Just don't get salty when people lol at you for taking it seriously "dance before war" guy.
Both the Paul bros can box

Costas sparred a green Logan from 5 years ago and you could see he had skill and potential, even then.

He's far from a bum. There's a reason he petitioned to fight Nate Diaz before Jake ended up getting the fight and Mike Perry as the backup fighter.

Is he an elite boxer? No. Probably around amateur level.

But he's got some skill and it's an interesting matchup nonetheless.

If he pursued it as intensely as Jake has, he could be very good.

Back