Multiplatform Official Mortal Kombat 1 Diskussion

Peacemaker holds promise for me but look at what they tried to do with Alien.

Gameplay reveal trailer:

7 minute gameplay video

Glad I preordered, looks great. Feels like they took things that worked from each of the last three games.

I like how the kameo fighters all have their klassic fatalities meanwhile the characters you can play as have new ones. I imagine we'll get one for each kameo fighter and hopefully two for playable ones.

Glad I preordered, looks great. Feels like they took things that worked from each of the last three games.

I like how the kameo fighters all have their klassic fatalities meanwhile the characters you can play as have new ones. I imagine we'll get one for each kameo fighter and hopefully two for playable ones.
Looks fantastic; setting detail was stellar and combos/juggle on display were hot. Anything else bundled with Shang Tsung unlock for preordering?

Don’t like comparisons with X because I’m convinced Xenomorph PTSD is a thing, aaayyy. Fun to already be thinking who will rise as meta. Everyone looking strong.

Looks fantastic; setting detail was stellar and combos/juggle on display were hot. Anything else bundled with Shang Tsung unlock for preordering?

For the standard edition I don't think so. I got the premium edition for 109.99 which includes the Kombat Pack (New Kameo fighters and playable fighters), and early access to the game as well as the DLC characters.

There is a lot of footage on YouTube of people playing this new game. What are your thoughts so far?

My first thoughts are that I don’t like it:

1. The characters are all of the original characters, which doesn’t make any sense from the storyline. Shouldn’t we be moving forward with the story?? I want to see new characters.

2. The gameplay looks stiff.

3. The graphics look so similar to Mortal Kombat 11. It almost looks like the exact same game!

4. The new “Kameo system”, I’m not a big fan of it.

5. The fatalities, fatal blow system, … it just looks like the same old stuff from MK11.

MK10 had really good gameplay. MK11 was an upgrade on the graphics and storyline, even if the gameplay got slower … MK1 …. It just doesn’t bring anything new, at all, to the series.

Last edited:
EB hinting at something for tomorrow.

Hoping for some character reveals, rumors of Reiko and Havik have me excited for hopefully a villain dominant story. Last few games the heroes wiped the floor with the bad guys.

There is a lot of footage on YouTube of people playing this new game. What are your thoughts so far?

My first thoughts are that I don’t like it:

1. The characters are all of the original characters, which doesn’t make any sense from the storyline. Shouldn’t we be moving forward with the story?? I want to see new characters.

2. The gameplay looks stiff.

3. The graphics look so similar to Mortal Kombat 11. It almost looks like the exact same game!

4. The new “Kameo system”, I’m not a big fan of it.

5. The fatalities, fatal blow system, … it just looks like the same old stuff from MK11.

MK10 had really good gameplay. MK11 was an upgrade on the graphics and storyline, even if the gameplay got slower … MK1 …. It just doesn’t bring anything new, at all, to the series.
Agree with all of the above. I think the kameo system is just them being out of ideas. I'm getting less excited for this the more I see. I'll probably just watch the story mode on Youtube. I've enjoyed those from the previous two games.

Can’t even comment on any one thing because it all looks so good. I mained Skarlet in 11 but don’t think she’s in this. Did I see bits of Sektor or Cyrax around 1m 25s mark? Man, this looks good. Kung Lao is going to be a beast.

Can’t even comment on any one thing because it all looks so good. I mained Skarlet in 11 but don’t think she’s in this. Did I see bits of Sektor or Cyrax around 1m 25s mark? Man, this looks good. Kung Lao is going to be a beast.
Yup, Sektor, Cyrax, Frost lol. I’m hoping the cyborgs aren’t just limited to Kameos.

RemoteSpryBird-max-1mb.gif

This might konfirm the leaked roster which if true I'm very happy with. I'm glad there might be a lot of 3D era characters returning, they've been overlooked for far too long.

Homelander confirmed DLC char in The Boys official social media post.

Tsushima's Jin Sakai VA doing reboot Scorpion?

In response to a tweet where Yuri Lowenthal hinted that he’ll voice Smoke in MK1, Ghost of Tsushima’s Daisuke Tsuji similarly teased his part in the game.

“Where there’s Smoke…” Lowenthal tweeted when replying to a post featuring the game’s new story trailer. Tsuji added in a quote tweet of his own, “…there’s Fire!”

<TheWire1>

We getting some more kharacter reveals today. Who you all want to be revealed?

If the leaks are true then I want at least one of these

Reptile
Havik
Nitara
Reiko

We getting some more kharacter reveals today. Who you all want to be revealed?

If the leaks are true then I want at least one of these

Reptile
Havik
Nitara
Reiko
Excited to see Havik in a next gen game especially if they push his character more with the weird/wacky attacks.

They would be smart to make Reiko similar to the comic book style when he rose to power, no clue what the recent MK movie was thinking with their Reiko design but stay away from anything like that.

Excited to see Havik in a next gen game especially if they push his character more with the weird/wacky attacks.

They would be smart to make Reiko similar to the comic book style when he rose to power, no clue what the recent MK movie was thinking with their Reiko design but stay away from anything like that.
Yeah Reiko was designed terribly in that movie, he was just a big grunt. He was like one of those No named dudes that every protagonist faces off against in an action movie. It also doesn’t help that Nathan Jones is a terrible “actor”.

Back