Multiplatform Official Mortal Kombat 1 Diskussion

Kratos is rumored to be in the PS5 version.

Hopefully he'll have a GoW3 skin.

Would be difficult for me to imagine Sonya Blade pulling off a fatality on Kratos.

Love most things MK with the exception of gameplay. Never really been a fan of its mechanics, but I love watching it and enjoy the story. I know Boon has been hinting at DC vs Marvel for years and I feel it would be a complete downgrade compared to a Vs from Capcom (especially with the new leadership).

..."Amazon Italy, which mentions Kombat Pack 1 and the six playable characters that comes with it, as well as the five kameo characters it comes with.

According to this, the following characters will be added as playable DLC characters via Kombat Pack 1: Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda, and Homelander. The five kameo characters mentioned are as follows: Tremor, Johnny Cage, Khameleon, Mavado, and Ferra. A Johnny Cage skin for Jean Claude Van Damme is also mentioned, but this last bit was confirmed yesterday.

To be clear, Johnny Cage has been confirmed to be in the base game. The inclusion of him in the list of Kameo characters is likely referencing the Jean Cluade Van Damme skin. Amazon Italy doesn't make this part clear, but this could be down to a translation issue."

*Homelander... as predicted.
*Omni-Man? So two evil Supermans?
*And Peacemaker? So we're actually going to see John Cena in a Mortal Kombat game?

That's a cross-over no one could have ever predicted.

Educate me on Omni-Man. Who is this cat? What are his powers and lore?

Last edited:
@Valhoven

On second thought, don't watch the video I posted, or @lordsai's. They're full of spoilers.

Go watch the show, without seeing any reviews, and you'll be hooked by the end of the 1st episode.

Trust me on this.

Am I the only one that hates video game naming conventions? Mortal Kombat 1? Just like Battlefield 1? It’s bad enough already having two games in the series just called “Mortal Kombat”. You say “Mortal Kombat” and a person might not know if you’re talking OG or 2011. Now you can say Mortal Kombat 1 and a person won’t know if you mean OG or this game.

Fuck’s sake video game industry.
Tbf Battlefield 1 was about WW1 so I think it gets a pass.

But yes I agree.

..."Amazon Italy, which mentions Kombat Pack 1 and the six playable characters that comes with it, as well as the five kameo characters it comes with.

According to this, the following characters will be added as playable DLC characters via Kombat Pack 1: Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda, and Homelander. The five kameo characters mentioned are as follows: Tremor, Johnny Cage, Khameleon, Mavado, and Ferra. A Johnny Cage skin for Jean Claude Van Damme is also mentioned, but this last bit was confirmed yesterday.

To be clear, Johnny Cage has been confirmed to be in the base game. The inclusion of him in the list of Kameo characters is likely referencing the Jean Cluade Van Damme skin. Amazon Italy doesn't make this part clear, but this could be down to a translation issue."

*And Peacemaker? So we're actually going to see John Cena in a Mortal Kombat game?

I hope that DLC is wrong. All 3 DLC characters are superheroes? Kind of lame

Horror villains worked better.

Vecna from Stranger Things would have been sick, doubt they can get the rights to him though.

Pennywise might have been cool too

Speaking of horror villains... Ed Boon teased the possibility of making an entire fighting game with film characters.

Based on the DLC characters they've already had, and about to have, it sounds very intriguing.

*Freddy Krueger
*Kratos
*Jason Voorhees
*Predator
*Alien
*Leatherface
*Joker
*Robocop
*Terminator
*Spawn

Now we can probably add to the list..
*Peacemaker
*Omni-Man
*Homelander

Joker is a very interesting addition because in the MK VS DC game and Injustice games DC didn't want their characters to be 'fatalitied' or do fatalities on other characters.

Joker proved an exception could be made. Perhaps more exceptions could be made, like Red Hood? Other DC villains & Anti-heroes?

Spawn is an IDW Publishing character.
Perhaps they could get licenses for other independent popular comic characters.
Like Witchblade?

Other The Boys characters?
Stormfront?
Soldier Boy?
Basically whatever Justice League character DC doesn't want to give permission, they can use The Boys equivalent.
Can't use Wonder Woman? Ok then, use Queen Maive.
Can't use The Flash? Use A-Train.

Bet they could easily get the roster up to 30.

Yeah one would think they'd space out releasing Homelander and Omni Man, as they're damn near a pair of earrings.

Also, would prefer Stryker being in the game with a Peacemaker skin; if they're going to do JCVD for Cage.

Also, would prefer Stryker being in the game with a Peacemaker skin; if they're going to do JCVD for Cage.

R.67e33b77bdd390cb693082c11e834b9c

For Peacemaker, I want a John Cena skin.

R.f41473f5ad6012091627da7a92239baf

R.67e33b77bdd390cb693082c11e834b9c

For Peacemaker, I want a John Cena skin.

R.f41473f5ad6012091627da7a92239baf

Imma go out on a limb and say WWE/2k/whatever owns the rights to Cena's likeness when it comes to video games. Now maybe they don't, or maybe some sort of agreement can be made in regards to such.

However if NRS is keeping the gear/item options in the game, Peacemaker has a variety of helmet designs.

Vecna from Stranger Things would have been sick, doubt they can get the rights to him though.

Pennywise might have been cool too
You blew my mind with a Vecna recommend. What savagery. He’d have to have puppeteering fight mechanics not unlike Shang’s shapeshifting, IMO, and an epic orifice-bleeding body pin then lift-slam. Tonnes of fatality options too with Demogorgon and Demobat summons plus storm clouds and alien vines.

To be more clear, her European-Bodybuilder look in MK9 was kinda weird, but going from that to such a plain-looking asian girl...

OIP.z_-A3lsdu1VG8pQ04aj3-gHaIY

I mean, at least give her some muscle, instead of her looking like a she's never consumed any protein.

And the MK11 story arc with her killing Kahn? And becoming queen of Edenia? It reeked of the 'girl-boss' agenda that every Disney movie seemingly has. But at least she was in the narrative of the story, unlike in MKX.
She looks fine in the classic sexy costume imo

lnKs4au.png

@Valhoven

On second thought, don't watch the video I posted, or @lordsai's. They're full of spoilers.

Go watch the show, without seeing any reviews, and you'll be hooked by the end of the 1st episode.

Trust me on this.
I couldn't get through the 1st season of Invincible.

Too much teen drama and pointless over the top violence.

You play Mortal Kombat with keyboard and mouse????

Wow...

cheater
Lol no, I just opened that to take the screenshot.

I have 2 Xbox controllers, one of them is an Elite Wireless 2 from the Design lab.

Back