**Official Japanese Boxing thread**

I'm watching all of Naoya, paying attention to his style and his body, skin integrity, and muscle suppleness

Ioka stops Reveco in 11.
Good for him. Didn't see that coming.

Uchiyama got upset by no-hoper Jezreel Corrales, got stopped in the 2nd round.
No footage yet.
I guess fighting easy comp soften his skills.
Congratulation to Corrales.

Uchiyama got upset by no-hoper Jezreel Corrales, got stopped in the 2nd round.
No footage yet.
I guess fighting easy comp soften his skills.
Congratulation to Corrales.
well damn, dude's no spring chicken. There go any hopes for a fight with Walters

thank god Pastafarian isn't around to see that

Jonathan Guzman vs Shingo Wake for vacant IBF JFW title goes down Wednesday morning American time.
Guzman's power will be too much, brings that belt home.

Kono defends his WBA JBW title against Nica Concepcion August 31.
Going to be a FOTY contender. Both guys will go toe-to-toe.

Kono defends his WBA JBW title against Nica Concepcion August 31.
Going to be a FOTY contender. Both guys will go toe-to-toe.

Maaan, Luis Concepcion has had a mental career. That first fight with Marquez, then getting squashed in one round versus Hernan... Then the comeback off that.

Marquez, BTW, I fear for that boy's health. Far, far too many dudes used his head as a heavy bag.

Can't wait for Kono vs Concepcion.

Someone could tell me the name of the boxer in this video at 1min 10 seconds?

tokyo-2020-056777088c0df9a4218fb33757bad04fc.jpg

Lazarus- 114.75
Kono- 115

I think Concepcion will be too much for Kono and eke out a close decision. Kono's lack of power won't keep Concepcion off of him.
Fight won't disappoint.

Concepcion wins a UD, no footage yet.
Congratulations to him on becoming WBA champion.

Inoue fighting tomorrow. Wonder how big this guy is going to get.

I watched Inoue's match. It was very exciting.
His opponent could take a lot of punishment and he was decent. They fought it out a lot in middle and close range and Inoue although he was clearly doing better,
got visibly hurt a couple of times.

When he was outboxing the guy, he was doing a lot better.
The weird thing is that 2 times in the match Ιnoue kind of spaced out with his hands down and looking elsewere
and becoming a free target for the other guy...

A better quality opponent with decent power would have killed him.

When he was outboxing the guy, he was doing a lot better.
The weird thing is that 2 times in the match Ιnoue kind of spaced out with his hands down and looking elsewere
and becoming a free target for the other guy...

A better quality opponent with decent power would have killed him.

apparently after the win, inoue said, "I win, but each time I feel kind of depressed for some reason."
I wonder if that mentality had something to do with the "spacing out" you mentioned. was he bored? mentally checked out of competition? losing passion for the sport/competition?

Don't all y'all think Korean boxers are muchos supreme-o pugilists compared to Japanese boxers? Just like yakuza were started by Korean gangsters? Uh-huh.

Troya-Obara for the IBF, IBO JWW titles goes down tomorrow morning from Russia.
I think Obara's motor and quickness is going to be too much, don't think Troya can match the output.

Don't all y'all think Korean boxers are muchos supreme-o pugilists compared to Japanese boxers? Just like yakuza were started by Korean gangsters? Uh-huh.
back in the mid 80s to early 90s yeah, not now

apparently after the win, inoue said, "I win, but each time I feel kind of depressed for some reason."
I wonder if that mentality had something to do with the "spacing out" you mentioned. was he bored? mentally checked out of competition? losing passion for the sport/competition?

He's definitely regressed, IMO.

He's still got frightening speed & when he puts his punches together it's absolutely lovely, but his defence has gone to feck, he's wide-open now & often off-balance as he swats. He also loads up too much when he's trying to get a guy out of there.

Might be because he's fought scrubs since beating Hernandez (rolling right over the disinterested ghost of Omar Narvaez aside), but this is a guy who people talk about fighting Roman Gonzalez, FFS...

Back