**Official Japanese Boxing thread**

Down again & over, Inoue KO3.

What a puncher. When you can hit like that I suppose it renders one's defensive lapses moot, but Tetteh, Cuadras, Sor Rungvisai, Yafai & especially Yamanaka are gonna land on him if he fights like that.

It is high time for him to come to the U.S. and improve his level of competition.
They should just make Gonzalez vs Inoue for WBO title.

Inoue has scary speed & power, but he's picked up some terrible habits from so many easy knockouts—his chin's up in the air at times, he pulls straight back & when he goes to the ropes he gets a bit like a Joe Gallagher-trained fighter & just gets the earmuffs on & leaves his torso wide open.

Didn't remember him doing this in the Adrian Hernandez fight, for instance. I think, technically, he's regressed.

10-9 Inoue.
hopefully he will sharpen his technique if the quality of opponent increases.

either way, great performance by naoya!

Inoue has scary speed & power, but he's picked up some terrible habits from so many easy knockouts—his chin's up in the air at times, he pulls straight back & when he goes to the ropes he gets a bit like a Joe Gallagher-trained fighter & just gets the earmuffs on & leaves his torso wide open.

Didn't remember him doing this in the Adrian Hernandez fight, for instance. I think, technically, he's regressed.

10-9 Inoue.

i don't know, i thought he looked pretty good when he was slipping punches in the pocket. granted, rodriguez had no business being there, but still.

he did stick his chin up a bit a few times, though.

as far as speed an power go... it's just unreal. he moves like lightning and anything that lands looks like it could move a tank. fantastic puncher.

it's honestly criminal how inoue isn't a superstar yet. what a joy to watch.

Shinsuke Yamanaka-Luis Nery goes down August 15.
Nery's Philly Shell won't stop Yamanaka's missile, stops him late.

Shinsuke Yamanaka-Luis Nery goes down August 15.
Nery's Philly Shell won't stop Yamanaka's missile, stops him late.

Nery has looked dominant so far but I suspect he's one of those dudes who trades on boiling down (motherfucker has the upper body of a welterweight) & natural athletic ability.

Every time I've seen him I'm screaming "MOVE YOUR HEAD" at the screen.

Though, to be fair, Yamanaka's due to let me down, & if he does, it'll be against an ox like Nery who possesses that clubbing power.

Great fight though.

PS: I know Nery got dropped by a counter right by Tabugon but I thought there was a knockdown he suffered earlier in his career from a Mexican dude from a left hook as well. Gonna sift through the video again tonight...

Back