**Official Japanese Boxing thread**

1wLMMq.gif

R6NXnV.gif

Damn, hope the full fight gets uploaded.
Wow

Guzman kills Oguni.
Ioka stops Kaensa

Old man Uchiyama will right that loss to Corrales, won't get caught off guard this time. Wide decision.
Taguchi wide decision.

Fuentes close decision.

Old man Kono upset KO.

Yaegashi fights in Naoya Inoue's undercard.
Does anyone know what time the event starts?

Does Kono have a chance?
he has a chance, but I wouldn't bet on it. As I see it, if Inoue shows up lazy, then Kono has a chance, but I think Inoue (when on point) is just too much to handle.

he has a chance, but I wouldn't bet on it. As I see it, if Inoue shows up lazy, then Kono has a chance, but I think Inoue (when on point) is just too much to handle.

Do you think Cuadras beats Inoue?

Do you think Cuadras beats Inoue?
tough fight to call.

I'd say I'd pick Inoue.

Both are talented fighters. I think Inoue has a better diversity of offense, better accuracy/punch placement, faster hands, better timing and more power, but I would say Cuadras has the better/faster feet and maybe slightly better boxing skills (he looked pretty good against chocolatito though a big part of that was his size advantage, which he won't really have as much against Inoue).

Inoue would have to be at the top of his game, at his best, he's actually pretty good defensively, but a lot of the time he just looks lazy and uninspired (like against that Thai guy) if he isn't careful, he could very well end up getting KOd.

Kono is a tough guy with good infighting skills, fights a bit like Salido but with less power. He's never been stopped before and he's been in some serious wars. So for Inoue to stop him is pretty impressive.

so yeah, I'd say something like Inoue by close UD, maybe controversial SD/MD.

Inoue looked good and bad in spots.

He got hit too many times when he shouldnt have

Last edited:
Inoue looked good and bad in spots.

He got shit too many times when he shouldnt have
yeah, that's definitely true. He's lazy sometimes. Granted, Kono is the kind of guy that fights well inside and is willing to get hit to hit, but even against the Thai guy and Carmona, Inoue was getting hit waaaay to much for my liking. Apparently he's been saying stuff like he's bored, so maybe he just fights to their level, but if he shows up like that against Roman or JFE, he's gonna get spanked, high guard isn't enough. He CAN be really slick though.

I'd like to see Ioka/Inoue, that'd be a domestic superfight and Inoue's first "A-level" opponent.

tough fight to call.

I'd say I'd pick Inoue.

Both are talented fighters. I think Inoue has a better diversity of offense, better accuracy/punch placement, faster hands, better timing and more power, but I would say Cuadras has the better/faster feet and maybe slightly better boxing skills (he looked pretty good against chocolatito though a big part of that was his size advantage, which he won't really have as much against Inoue).

Inoue would have to be at the top of his game, at his best, he's actually pretty good defensively, but a lot of the time he just looks lazy and uninspired (like against that Thai guy) if he isn't careful, he could very well end up getting KOd.

Kono is a tough guy with good infighting skills, fights a bit like Salido but with less power. He's never been stopped before and he's been in some serious wars. So for Inoue to stop him is pretty impressive.

so yeah, I'd say something like Inoue by close UD, maybe controversial SD/MD.

Hmm. The only thing I'd say is that, in my view, Cuadras's success had more to do with footwork and boxing ability than size. He was much harder to find than the vast majority of Chocolatito's past opponents.

Hmm. The only thing I'd say is that, in my view, Cuadras's success had more to do with footwork and boxing ability than size. He was much harder to find than the vast majority of Chocolatito's past opponents.
a lot of that had to do with his size advantage, that's the thing. It's one thing outboxing opponents when you're their size, it's another entirely when you have a significant reach and size advantage, which Cuadras had on Gonzalez. Chocolatito faced Niida who is generally pretty hard to hit and ran him over. Cuadras was just a lot bigger and so was able to get away with mistakes or keep him at end of jabs/crosses.

granted, he has really good footwork and moves well, but size played a big factor and Inoue isn't that much smaller than Cuadras, whereas Roman is.

Man right after UFC 207 we gotta choose between Rizin, Kickboxing (Masato/Gomi) and Jezreel/Uchiyama 2.

a lot of that had to do with his size advantage, that's the thing. It's one thing outboxing opponents when you're their size, it's another entirely when you have a significant reach and size advantage, which Cuadras had on Gonzalez. Chocolatito faced Niida who is generally pretty hard to hit and ran him over. Cuadras was just a lot bigger and so was able to get away with mistakes or keep him at end of jabs/crosses.

granted, he has really good footwork and moves well, but size played a big factor and Inoue isn't that much smaller than Cuadras, whereas Roman is.

They weighed virtually the same in the ring, and there wasn't a significant discrepancy in height or reach.

They weighed virtually the same in the ring, and there wasn't a significant discrepancy in height or reach.
don't really remember the weights but 5'4'' 66'' is definitely at least somewhat bigger than 5'3'' 64'' adn that size difference is particularly palatable in the lower divisions. I thought the size difference was definitely visible when they fought.

Japanese referee almost got somebody killed. Instead of stopping the fight, he tried to force the guy up so Murata can put up a bigger beating.

Corrales does it again, this time via SD. Congrats to him. Looks like Uchiyama is done.
Oguni gave us a late upset contender, beat Guzman via UD. Congrats to him.
Taguchi draws with Canizales.
Tanaka stopped Fuentes in the 5th.
Ioka stopped the Thai in the 7th.

No footage yet.
Ends a great Boxing year.

oguni beating up guzman is the biggest news.
huge shocker.
he should have gotten 2 knockdowns, guzman is lucky he didn't get TKOed.
looking to see who oguni fights next.

& corrales is over hyped
he looked quick and strong for the 1st 4 rounds. but after the 4th, uchiyama was stalking corrales for most of the fight, with corrales not willing to engage. corrales was either clinching or running away, & because of that neither man landed much of anything.
corrales might have beat him on total strikes(but nothing significant), but uchiyama controlled most of the fight. overall lackluster fight.

oguni beating up guzman is the biggest news.
huge shocker.
he should have gotten 2 knockdowns, guzman is lucky he didn't get TKOed.
looking to see who oguni fights next.

& corrales is over hyped
he looked quick and strong for the 1st 4 rounds. but after the 4th, uchiyama was stalking corrales for most of the fight, with corrales not willing to engage. corrales was either clinching or running away, & because of that neither man landed much of anything.
corrales might have beat him on total strikes(but nothing significant), but uchiyama controlled most of the fight. overall lackluster fight.
Do you think UchiYAM should have won the rematch?

imo could have gone either way
i'm curious to know the punch stats, because there were so few
that's certainly not uchiyama's style, but he had a hard time chasing after corrales(who over clinched the entire fight)
uchiyama got the knockdown in the 4th, and he almost knocked corrales down again with a body shot i think in the 8th
based on damage: uchiyama
total strikes per round: corrales
ring generalship: uchiyama

Back