No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Played for a couple of hours and it’s pretty awesome. Initial queue was about 35 minutes. Had zero connectivity problems after that.

Playing as a Barbarian, big hammer go smash. Combat is crunchy and satisfying, loot feels gratifying (have a few legendary items), game looks and plays excellent. Loving the darker tone of it as well. Difficulty isn’t super challenging but it’s definitely a step up from D3 which is welcome.

Each of the four dungeons I’ve been in have looked completely different from each other which is great, and this is only the first act.

Game is looking like a banger.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying it so far and enjoying the cut scenes really wasn't expecting to see cut scenes in a diablo game

Played about 6 hours as a Sorcerer and had a lot of fun with it. I found it difficult to keep my range with Dash now having a cooldown, but combat was a breeze after unlocking the Hydras. Switching over to a Barb for some brutal tank action.

Worked today so came home later than most. But I had about a 15 mibute log in queue. had some choppy moments so downloaded new drivers and gonna try again after dinner

Genuine question. What is the appeal of this game? I looked at some gameplay clips on YouTube and you're a tiny character on the screen. No real blow your mind graphics like ER, GoT, GoW etc... so what draws you to the game and keeps you interested?

Not shitting on the game, I'm curious to know? I did play the original many years ago but gaming has come a long way since then.

Yeah this shit is awesome. I got in less than five minutes earlier tonight too.
Same. Loving the game, even though I don't care for the way the Rogue plays. Plays more like an assassin than I hoped. Still enjoy plining and multishotting stuff though.

Still have to complete the campaign, then will go full on barbarian wrecking machine.

Same. Loving the game, even though I don't care for the way the Rogue plays. Plays more like an assassin than I hoped. Still enjoy plining and multishotting stuff though.

Still have to complete the campaign, then will go full on barbarian wrecking machine.
Yeah the barb has been a ton of fun to play. I’m basically a self sustaining rage machine with whirlwind.

Might go mage next just to try ranged mechanics.

Genuine question. What is the appeal of this game?

Ability of your character to take on many AI at one time. With carrot on a stick methodology used to increase your power through gear and levels.

The queues suck but the game is fun af so far. Only played a couple hours but will sink my teeth in more immediately.

I’m not too big on the Diablo lore. I played and beat D3 and once I got a certain weapon or artifact, I was blowing through everything. I was told after I beat the game I “didn’t really beat the game” because you have to play it X amount of times with difficulty being ramped to know you really beat it.

I generally play games once and that’s that. Will Diablo 4 be similar? Do you need to beat the game multiple times to get the best experience?

That said, Rogue and Druid are on the top of the list.
D3 was stupidly easy. There were things I liked about D3, but imo the difficulty killed it.

Queue last less than a minute this morning.

This wasn't even on my radar until I watched an hour long playthrough of the beta, will definitely be getting this it looks great.

30 series owners beware

I was feeling tempted to get it this morning but a story popped up on my feed. Aparently, 3080ti owners have been getting their GPUs bricked during cutscenes. Im guessing this is because there is no frame limiters in place and its just shooting through the roof generating a jillion fps. I have mine set in the Nvidia control panel to not go past my monitors limit.

Most of the posts im seeing people mention that they have Gigabyte cards, so it might be specific to that. There were also a few other posts where people said it bricked their 3090 or 3070ti. I have an EVGA 3080ti but I will probably steer clear for now.

Also, kind of bullshit that people are only getting a few days to to play it but the queues are making it hard to get into for a lot of people. Fucking Blizzard for you.

Just got done doing the world boss event was really fucking fun died a few times and it dropped 4 legendary items for me

Shits unplayable for me right now. Will try again in a bit.

Game looks awesome. Do you have to preorder to play next weekend?

Back