No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

This is a good point and something I forgot to consider. Dungeon crawlers are generally made for players to sink hours and hours.

Yeah, it's just a style. Diablo actually has a decent enough story to go along with it for a single 10-ish hour or so play through, but you're really not getting the most of it, if all you do is play to the end of the campaign on the default difficulty setting, like you would a JRPG or something. The campaign is like set dressing. It's really not the focus. At it's core, it's just about experimenting with builds, in an endless loop of killing shit and getting better and better gear, that kills shit better. How the game gives you that sensory feedback and makes you feel like you're still growing and discovering new ways to deal with it all after hundreds of hours, is the addictive loop. The best ones feel like they have no ceiling. Rogue lites/likes are very similar in this regard.

Beta testers how is it?

I cant play it for some reason. Xbox.

Edit: Had to search and install the beta, which I assumed was already installed when I pre-ordered. Queue is down to 19 minutes after beginning at 82 minutes.

Last edited:
Queue is about an hour. Should be ready by lunch.

Like to get into the game? If so this will never work during open beta and even after release.
Haha, Blizzard definitely has a streaky record with server queues but I’m not super worried about a beta. A lot of people are in this thing and I’m sure the servers are limited. The queue popped in half the time too.

Hopefully it will be more like D2 where it is challenging right away. I don't really care to play through these games over and over just to get to the point where it's challenging either. My first playthrough of D3 was incredibly easy and I just didn't card for the style. D2 is a far better game.

it looks more like d3 than d2. more like the offspring of diablo 3 + diablo immortal.

im not holding my hopes too high, but its still a day one buy for me. if its a stinker ill just go back to d2 resurrected and path of exile

Haha, Blizzard definitely has a streaky record with server queues but I’m not super worried about a beta. A lot of people are in this thing and I’m sure the servers are limited. The queue popped in half the time too.

Yea but this was even an issue on overwatch 2 release. I will wait until the game comes out and I can make sure there are no queue times before getting it. It will eventually be handled I know but the initial release I suspect will be an issue.

Yea but this was even an issue on overwatch 2 release. I will wait until the game comes out and I can make sure there are no queue times before getting it. It will eventually be handled I know but the initial release I suspect will be an issue.
Oh there’s gonna be queue times. Just a matter of how long.

Damn, queue’s already and it’s only the preorder beta? Fuck, next weekend for the “open” beta is going to be a bloodbath. I probably won’t get to play at all.

Has anyone gotten to play? I know I'm being annoying, probably very frustrating on top of the queue issue.

Like I said before. I hope I'm wrong about it. But it's Blizzard.

Has anyone gotten to play? I know I'm being annoying, probably very frustrating on top of the queue issue.

Like I said before. I hope I'm wrong about it. But it's Blizzard.
1 minute left on queue

There is just no excuse at this point to have massive queue times from Blizzard. They are just the cheapest fucking company.

Blizzards pattern when this game launches is going to be hilarious. First queues will happen then the game service systems will begin crashing. Blizzard will respond by shutting off website services then blaming it on DDoS attacks.

Just got a legendary staff. If I stay still it increases my damage by 8.8% for every second up to 30%

Been fun for a bit. Had a 75 minute queue, played for 45 minutes, got kicked, and now a 50 minute queue.

I mean, I expected it, but still.

Game is a lot of fun so far though, definitely has more of the D2 aesthetic, and that skill tree is beefy.

Back