Obama sends out the most popular Tweet in history

So the game here is redirection as a means of absolving all of Soro's meddling into world affairs??

Go away.

No. Soros' "meddling into world affairs" (your term for promoting freedom in oppressive states) is good. I was just answering your question. When he's gone, propagandists will come up with a new boogeyman for you guys to fear.

No sentiment too humane and compassionate that trolls won't embarrass themselves flinging dirt at it.

No platitude too empty for people to cling themselves onto it, so that they can signal their virtues to the rest of the collective.

No platitude too empty for people to cling themselves onto it, so that they can signal their virtues to the rest of the collective.

It's not a platitude. Considering the recent events, it's quite well placed and therefore can't be empty. It has an important message in that we must strive beyond just condemning the white supremacists, and remedy the system that caused them to be so. In that sense, I also see a warning in it: don't fall into the same trap that they do, and hate for hatred's sake.

So I think it's multifaceted and profound. It's someone else's words, but correct application of timeless sentiments isn't wrong. You could say it's easy for him to say, and I'd agree: communicating sentiments that are moral has never been difficult for me, so it shouldn't be difficult for him either.

I want to like that Tweet, but we actually have observed a scientific truth that infants are more likely to recede from or dislike faces of people from other races, so I'm not 100% certain it's correct.

I think we may have some evolutionary mechanisms built into our biology that we have to overcome. That's what separates us from the animals. We aren't slaves to instinct.

That isn't based on hate though. Probably has more to do with familiarity, or lack thereof. Infants are very vulnerable so such an instinct toward familiarity would serve some sort of purpose.

The tweet itself is meaningless fluff, sort of like 'Hi I like world peace'. There is nothing there to dislike on the face of it, but it's meaningless at the same time.

This just became the most "liked" Tweet ever made. A show of class from the former President.

obama-worst-president-ever.jpg

I wonder what kind of impact it will have on politics once this asshole is dead??

Like who takes over his agenda and wealth?

His son Alexander Soros, he has been getting groomed for years. Yet I doubt he's as cunning or has the foresight for his fathers agenda. He seems to have more interest in being a popular socialite, a dopey one at that. Why would so many liberal politicians and celebrities be going to parties at this kids Hampton estate including HRC and Obama while commander in chief. Let alone all the meetings he had at the white house with the ex president while he served and meetings with numerous politicians. He's too obvious and will be the wrench in his own gears.

Read the caption for this 1st one.

His son Alexander Soros, he has been getting groomed for years. Yet I doubt he's as cunning or has the foresight for his fathers agenda. He seems to have more interest in being a popular socialite, a dopey one at that. Why would so many liberal politicians and celebrities be going to parties at this kids Hampton estate including HRC and Obama while commander in chief. Let alone all the meetings he had at the white house with the ex president while he served and meetings with numerous politicians. He's too obvious and will be the wrench in his own gears.

Thanks. Now I have to go throw up.

Some classy responses so far.

Trump acts like an ignorant douche bag on Twitter with the sole purpose of offending others and people here cream their pants and give each other high fives. Obama posts a poignant quote by Nelson Mandela to promote racial harmony and people here call it "cringy populism".

Remember when HRC called a percentage of Trump's supporters "deplorable"? She was right, and this is them.

Fuck

Looks like a benetton ad from 1992.

I want to like that Tweet, but we actually have observed a scientific truth that infants are more likely to recede from or dislike faces of people from other races, so I'm not 100% certain it's correct.

I think we may have some evolutionary mechanisms built into our biology that we have to overcome. That's what separates us from the animals. We aren't slaves to instinct.
They retreat from what they are unfamiliar with. If a child had equal exposure to all skin tones, and those interactions were all equally positive, the child would be likely to react favourably to all. Not going to happen, just saying its about what a child knows, not what is similar to them.

Back