Obama: “Don’t wait for a Savior...America doesn’t need a Messiah.”

I'll say this one more time, then I'll assume you are either a troll or basic context is over your head.

Obama was not talking about religion. He was talking about politics.

Here is the quote:

"You cannot sit back and wait for a savior," Obama continued. "You can’t opt out because you don’t feel sufficiently inspired by this or that particular candidate. We don’t need a messiah. All we need are decent, honest, hard-working people who are accountable and who have America’s best interests at heart."

He was saying that people need to get out and vote for honest, hardworking people who care about America, and not stay home and wait for some super slick inspirational figure to show up.

It's so simple. It's like he could have said, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," and you guys would be confused about why he is so interested in flying animals.

I got the strong impression that Obama was referring to the expectations people had of him and the media response he got in terms of that "super slick inspirational figure". It wasn't just republicans mockingly referring to him as a "messiah".
Then Hillary lost, in part because she didn't have Obama's grand narrative or compelling charisma.

It's so simple. It's like he could have said, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," and you guys would be confused about why he is so interested in flying animals.

so what you're saying is, Obama is obsessed with flying animals...like Dragons....

the Red Dragon is mentioned in the Book of Revelation. the Red Dragon in that book, is indeed Satan.

So Obama is obsessed with Satan?!??

I knew it!!

You wish. Obama will be rustling jimmies for the next 30 years
Doesn't really matter to me either way. Didn't really pay attention to him then, not really more inclined to pay attention to him now. Same for Trump to be honest.

Of course they do, and they are also often used in a non-religious context or simply to draw on imagery. Let's not play dumb Seano, you're too smart for that. Obama was not making a religious statement in any way shape or form here. He was not talking about Jesus, he was talking about a political savior. The very idea that somebody would create this argument is just insane to me.

Springsteen is a devout Catholic. Thunder Road is not about Jesus. We are adults here, let's show a basic understanding of context.
Not sure how the word "messiah" is used in a "non religious" way.

Fuck off.
You're going to upset Rip with that language!

Funny you guys are so quiet about Trump saying only he alone can save us and that he knows the Bible better than anyone while only being able to quote Hammurabi's Code. Ironically that seems like the definition of a cuck.

Anyone else notice that Obama loves using religous terminology?...

...And he's never recieved any criticism from atheists about it?
Why not ask why?

It's a pretty easy answer. Obama, despite his Christianity, was a secular leader, and behaved very well w/respect to separation of church and state.

You're going to upset Rip with that language!

Funny you guys are so quiet about Trump saying only he alone can save us and that he knows the Bible better than anyone while only being able to quote Hammurabi's Code. Ironically that seems like the definition of a cuck.
I'm not a religious person. I don't care.

Get triggered by others’ beliefs much?

Regardless of varying methods in which Christianity is presented, not too many sects deny that Yeshua is Lord and Savior, God Incarnate.

Lumping together every world religion is rather lazy.
who in the name of all fucks is "Yeshua"?? Also I dont think it really matters who is the lord and saviour when they cant agree on how to worship "Yeshua". Christians are not one big group you can lump together..... Just look at Northern Ireland for an example of Christians hating other Christians.

Oh and I dont give a fuck about your beliefs...... You could believe in Santa Claus for all I care

#Maga bois and their daddy complex.

Can you imagine our founders listening to this scared nonsense?

Rolling over in their graves.

I'm sure they're rolling over for a lot of reasons

The logical implication by the offended Christians itt is that Jesus should be the president. I find that pretty damn funny.

The only thing I have a problem with in that line is the word "alone." Because we can do nothing without God.
false..... You can do pretty much anything without "God".

who in the name of all fucks is "Yeshua"?? Also I dont think it really matters who is the lord and saviour when they cant agree on how to worship "Yeshua". Christians are not one big group you can lump together..... Just look at Northern Ireland for an example of Christians hating other Christians.

Oh and I dont give a fuck about your beliefs...... You could believe in Santa Claus for all I care

He's trying to come off as sophisticated because he thinks he's the only person who ever went to Lipscomb

Can't move without God. Get eaten up by the reptilians.
I can move without God..... and Scotland is too cold for reptiles to live here naturally..... So Im all good :D

Anyone else notice that Obama loves using religous terminology?...

...And he's never recieved any criticism from atheists about it?
why would Athiests give a fuck if a religious president uses religious terminology?

Isn't that how Obama was presented?

Yep. I passed a printing shop in NY when he first got elected and they had pictures of Obama done up in the vein of the Sacred Heart of Jesus portraits you would find in religious shops.

I have to laugh at Obama's lack of irony and self-awareness over this. Surely he has to know his followers treat him as the second coming of Christ.

Back